What About Thymus Glandular Extract?

javin

Has Peat talked at all about thymus glandular extract? I was reading about the health benefits and was wondering if it could perhaps be a Peaty supplement.

P.S This seemed like the right forum to post this to, but still not 100% sure.

Bodhi

Non Peaty and there is a reason for it....

Peats approach is to sypport the whole system including preventing the Thymus from becoming fibrotic..'

Thymus can be broken down by many different "hormonal" inbalances

Peating will correct this, thus no need for glandulars

tara

I think Peat's said high stress, low sugar, high cortisol, can contribute to thymus atrophy. Under extreme stress, it can atrophy fast.

I have not looked into this question in any depth, so my speculations could be completely wrong - if so I'd be pleased to know. But I thought the job of the thymus was to raise immune cells specifically to distinguish between me and not-me. Without knowing more about it, I wonder how that would be aided by eating something else's thymus, ie the nursery for distinguishing some cow's cells from the rest of the world?

Pointless

Anyone tried thymus glandular? Seems to be some interest in this, and thymus extracts have been shown to help with telogen effluvium and androgenic alopecia.

Cirion

I am supplementing Thymus now but nothing good or bad to report as of yet. Only just started a few days ago.

golder

How and where do you find it Cirion? Is this to eat? Where do you live? Very excited to hear your results.

Cirion

Pill form. Life giving store has it now at a good price. You can also find it on amazon but its like twice as expensive.

Inaut

I thought aromatase inhibitors can regenerate the thymus..?

Inaut

Aromatase inhibitors regenerate the thymus in aging male rats.
Greenstein BD1, de Bridges EF, Fitzpatrick FT.
Author information
Division of Pharmacological Sciences, United Medical School, St. Thomas's Campus, London, U.K.
Abstract
The thymus can be regenerated in aging rats by surgical or chemical castration and regeneration is inhibited by testosterone, which may exert this effect, at least in part, through its conversion to estradiol. An attempt has been made to regenerate the thymus in intact aging rats using inhibitors of the aromatase system, in the hope that this maneuver could lead to the use of such chemical intervention in the treatment of immunodeficiency syndromes. Young adult and aging (18-month-old) male rats were orchidectomized under ether anesthesia and 7 days later given s.c. implants of testosterone in silicone elastomer (SILASTIC) tubing. Some rats received testosterone together with a five-fold excess of the aromatase inhibitor 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione (ATD). One group of young intact rats received implants containing 25 mg ATD and a group of 18-month-old intact rats received 125 mg ATD or 25 mg of another, more powerful aromatase inhibitor 4-hydroxyandrostenedione (4-OH). On the 28th day after implanting, rats were killed and the thymus, spleen, prostate gland and seminal vesicles removed for weighing and histology. In addition, estrogen receptors were measured in the thymus. The thymus was enlarged after orchidectomy and greatly restored in aging rats. In aging rats, both aromatase inhibitors restored the thymus, which appeared normal histologically. In addition, ATD enlarged the thymus in young intact animals. Doses of testosterone which restored the accessory sex organs to weights measured in intact rats prevented the effects of orchidectomy on the thymus, and in old rats the effects of testosterone were blocked by ATD in both thymus and spleen. Available cytosolic estrogen receptors were reduced in thymus of testosterone-treated orchidectomized rats, and this effect blocked by ATD, which itself was apparently able to induce estrogen receptors. Receptors could not be detected in thymus from aging rats, but were measureable in cytosols from thymus of orchidectomized or ATD-treated old rats. It is therefore possible to restore the thymus in intact aging rats without recourse to surgical or chemical castration, and such a maneuver may possibly be of use to enhance an immune system weakened by aging or disease.

Aromatase inhibitors regenerate the thymus in aging male rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Haidut has posted about this many times

golder

Amazing, thanks. @haidut in your expertise, what sort of dosage would you recommend for say, exemestane with the goal of thymus regeneration? Nice one Inaut!

I am supplementing Thymus now but nothing good or bad to report as of yet. Only just started a few days ago.

Man I tried some from ancestreal supplements, it contains thymus + liver, always noticed a nice little boost, probably in the 5-15% region, I'll have to check out the life giving store one

reaching

I'm eating beef thymus. Not sure how much to eat every day for an effect but going to eat it every day just to see if I feel anything. It is rather high in fat and purine bodies so I won't be doing this long term. Has any body else eaten thymus or pancreas before? Has Peat ever talked about how much and often one would eat actual thyroid? I just realized thymus and thyroid are complete different ha. I thought it was an interchangeable word.

Ras

Does anyone have experience consuming whole or powdered thymus gland?