What About Exercise?

qwerty42

Does anyone here still exercise with any degree of intensity?

I know peat seems to frown on it but from the tone he writes about it sort of comes across as someone who doesn't like exercise because hes never done much of it or seen it as worthwhile / fun.

I ask as I appreciate that when one is trying to restore hormone and metabolic function that exercise is a no no, but I would like to get back to it when / if I'm better.

Does anyone here eat with the peat style but still lift weights / play sports / run etc?

cliff

Re: Exercise

It depends on the exercise, he thinks doing stuff you enjoy is good. Excessive amounts of breathless exercise is what you want to avoid.

Kemby

I weight train 4 times per week (5 X 5, heavy for strength, Split between two workouts alternated), After weights I either do kettlebell swings for anything up to 12 minutes normally 30 seconds on 30 seconds rest or 6 X short hill sprints. High intensity for very short periods of time.

I mitigate damage and stress by following the advice cliff gave in his post here:

http://co2factor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08 ... g-ray.html

So yes, I still do that stuff.

Martin

pete

Lactic acid buildup and no point in hurting yourself when trying to improve your health.

nwo2012

Peat is very encouring of concentric training. It is all about stimulating growth then stopping before the point of overtraining. I was a bodybuilder/powerlifter in a past life. Now my workouts are over in 30 minutes. 5 times/week. Just enough to stimulate, very mild soreness the following day or two. Works very well for me, Im able to maintain a decent level of muscle and it doesnt negatively affect my pulse/temps. Of course I use every tool pre, peri and post workout to minimize stress.

Yes I use a tweaked version of cliff's ideas with some extra stuff thrown in.

montmorency

[moderator edit: topics merged]

I get the impression that Ray isn't a great believer in exercise.

Would that be a fair comment?

What are people's thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals