Weston Price vs Ray Peat -newbie question

jaguar43

j. said:
jag2594 said:
By asking that question He/she implies that he/she haven't really done any research for her/himself and are just pondering off other peoples interpretations. Which could result into other problems. i never read your post on broda barnes so I couldn't tell you.

He is not pondering about people's interpretations. What things RP and WP agreed on is a factual type of thing, it doesn't have to be an "interpretation". If both favored gelatin, they agreed on gelatin. This is not an interpretation, just a fact.

I haven't done any research on a lot of things and I ask questions here to see if someone did so I could know more quickly. I thought that was basically the purpose of the forum.

How do you know its a he ? do you know the person?

Different people have different interpretations because their needs are not the same as the next person. Is that hard to understand.....

this was the original quote

So perhaps it is better to get Westin Price's book and go from there? Do Westin Price and Ray Peat agree on most things?

Why does He/She continues too compare ray peat to weston price? This is the ray peat forum, not WAPF. Like I said before, most of us have been through that stage. The WAPF has some similar ideas to Ray Peat, but they also denounced him, this article is an example.
http://www.westonaprice.org/know-your-f ... deficiency

They hate sugar, fruits, pasteurized milk and if you cannot afford organic foods. Don't bother to try and stay healthy. This is their message....

You should know a thing or two, you do have over 1000 post.

J

j.

jag2594 said:

Yes, one thing I know is to not act like an **** when a new poster comes and asks perfectly legitimate questions.

jaguar43

j. said:
jag2594 said:

Yes, one thing I know is to not act like an **** when a new poster comes and asks perfectly legitimate questions.

This was my original answer

Why does it matter if they are similar? We have all been through that stage, our research has landed us here.

I don't think that was rude; I ask her/he why , Told her/he most of us been through that stage and we follow Ray Peats Recommendations. Charlie liked my answer, until someone disliked it. If it was rude charlie would have said something.

Peata

Though they have some similarities such as the ones I posted before, there are too many major differences IMO that will affect results. If you want the benefits of RP, you must have certain things in your diet and not in your diet.

Some examples that separate WAP from RP:

WAP recommends having
-vegetable oils such as sesame oil, small amounts of expeller-expressed flax oil
-cod liver oil regularly
-whole grains, legumes and nuts

WAP recommends avoiding
-refined sweeteners such as sugar and fruit juices

That's about as much as I know on the matter, because I didn't get into WAP back when I was researching diets. When I think of WAP, I think of natural whole foods and cod liver oil.

ilovethesea

Jenn said:
WAPF is NOT the same thing as Weston Price, the man.

My interpretation of Weston Price, the dentist: When you stop getting good nutrition, your teeth show it, especially in the next generation.

That was my takeaway too. I always notice now how many people have narrow palettes. It's very rare to see someone who doesn't have hollows on either side of their teeth when they smile. If I win the lottery I would love to try this if it works http://www.facialdevelopment.com/

Bluebell

ilovethesea said:
My interpretation of Weston Price, the dentist: When you stop getting good nutrition, your teeth show it, especially in the next generation.

That was my takeaway too. I always notice now how many people have narrow palettes. It's very rare to see someone who doesn't have hollows on either side of their teeth when they smile. If I win the lottery I would love to try this if it works http://www.facialdevelopment.com/[/quote]

ilovethesea, what do you mean by hollows, do you mean a hole between the outer edge of the teeth and the corner of the lips/mouth on the inside?

Asimov

I remember an interview with Ray Peat, maybe by Josh Rubin, someone asked him about Weston Price, his research, and dietary recommendations and Peat's advice was it's "basically pretty good".

I think most people on this site fret over the particulars much more than Ray Peat himself.

A

Adnada

Asimov said:
I remember an interview with Ray Peat, maybe by Josh Rubin, someone asked him about Weston Price, his research, and dietary recommendations and Peat's advice was it's "basically pretty good".

I think most people on this site fret over the particulars much more than Ray Peat himself.

I also remember this q & a interview. My take was that Ray qualified that the Weston Price diet was pretty good compared to most diets, (followed by his wonderful chuckle), certainly implying that it was still less than ideal.

narouz

This, to me, is a good example of the kind of comment from Peat
that need filtering
if one is trying seriously to figure out
what a really good Peat diet would be.

As discussed in other threads,
Peat is typically very un-confrontational and is not strict
in interviews, or when giving personal advice in emails, etc.

If you read his articles and listen to his interviews though,
it is easy to see that he has many serious differences with the WP dietary guidelines.

Ok, I've just been researching these two diets because so many people advocate one or the other. Weston Price says cod liver oil is really good for you, but Ray Peat says its a big no no. Peat also says Omega 3s are bad for us and can cause cancer? Did I read that right? I find his articles hard to understand, but that was the jist that I got....omega 3s are bad. I eat SAVI seeds to get omega 3s...is this a no no? What about Krill oi?

Confusing when different experts disagree. Westin Price has a huge following, and he agrees with Peat on the gelatin and bone broth thing, but a lot are opposite.
thanks for any help
Barb
They don’t
Ok, I've just been researching these two diets because so many people advocate one or the other. Weston Price says cod liver oil is really good for you, but Ray Peat says its a big no no. Peat also says Omega 3s are bad for us and can cause cancer? Did I read that right? I find his articles hard to understand, but that was the jist that I got....omega 3s are bad. I eat SAVI seeds to get omega 3s...is this a no no? What about Krill oi?

Confusing when different experts disagree. Westin Price has a huge following, and he agrees with Peat on the gelatin and bone broth thing, but a lot are opposite.
thanks for any help
Barb

thanks for any help
Barb
There’s valuable information from the work of WAP - power of organ meats, raw dairy, properly prepared grains and legumes, understanding how traditional people ate (though I know it doesn’t always apply to our modern world, it’s still interesting). Always a few good nuggets of info to take

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals