Went to Dr for hypothyroidism, discovered high E, Prolactin, LH

dudu

Went to see a doctor for my symptoms of hypothyroidism but of course the blood test was "fine" so he disregarded my concern but was more worried about Estradiol, Prolactin and LH. He also prescribed vitamin d as it was low, but a silly 800 UI/d.

I've always been skinny/frail built, despite my father being wide as a barn door and the men on my mothers side are at least very tall (>6'3) but somewhat built. Been lifting weights for years but can't seem to put on much mass or gain strength. I train with people who know what they're doing, but even during periods of overeating a lot I didn't gain much strength. I only ever seem to put on a lot of fat and have struggled to lose it the last couple of years. I carry a lot of fat especially around hips and chest. Slight gyno. Lethargy/apathy and general mental health has been going downhill since a few years, and this winter was especially bad. Anixiety, despair, suicidal thoughts, irritability, really fighting just to stay awake and get through every day. No interest in doing anything whatsoever. A few weeks ago I'd come home after work and several days a week I felt like I didn't even have the energy to spend my evening sitting up but had to lie down in bed.

To me it's pretty obvious I'm hypothyroid, but happy for your input. Also realize vitamin D is very important, but I felt like crap this summer too despite being outside for 3 months. I'm also wondering about the other results like T, E, Prolactin and LH. Do you have any ideas about the cause for results like these? Getting somewhat desperate. Really grateful for your thoughts

33, M, 6'0, 165 lbs
Low morning temp (35,8-36,1 C/96,4-97 F)
Pulse 80-85
1g aspirin/day, fair amount of nicotine (Zyn), lots of coffee (milk and sugar), only two days ago started supplementing vitamin-d/mk4 and gelatine
Sleep 7-8 h/d, but even sleeping 10h several days in a row seems to have no effect
Following Peat's ideas since 6 months, 2L 0,5% milk, 0,5-1 L OJ, lots of cheese every day. 120-150 g protein, no/very low PUFA, 2000-2200 kcal/day. Need around 1600-1700 to slowly lose weight, but that makes me really cold and stupid...

Blood test:

ResultReferenceUnit
BHbA1c (IFCC)3127-42mmol/mol
S-DHEAS124,3-12mikromol/L
S-FSH2,11,5-12U/L
S-LH8,51,7-8,6U/L
S-TRAK<0,9<1,8U/L
S-TPO-ak<10<34kU/L
S-Prolaktin32686-324mlU/L
S-SHBG3218-54nmol/L
S-Kortisol386135-540nmol/L
S-Testosteron138,6-29nmol/L
S-Estradiol18341-159pmol/L
S-Kobalamin280150-650pmol/L
S-Folat11>7nmol/L
S-25-OH-Vitamin D5250-250nmol/L
B-SR1<10mm
S-TSH20,3-4,2mU/L
S-T4, free1812-22pmol/L
S-T3, free5,93,1-6,8pmol/L
S-Ferritin27730-400mikog/L
P-CRP<1<3mg/L
P-Calcium2,352,15-2,5mmol/L
P-Bilirubin12<26mikromol/L
P-ASAT0,36<0,76mikrokat/L
P-ALAT0,38<1,1mikrokat/L
P-ALP0,70,7-1,9mikrokat/L
P-GT0,36<1,4mikrokat/L
P-Kreatinin82<100mikromol/L
Pt-eGFR(Krea)relativ>90>80mL/min/1,7
B-Leukocyter6,23,5-8,8x10(9)/L
B-Erytrocyter5,14,2-5,7x10(12)/L
B-Hemoglobin153134-170g/L
B-EVF0,450,39-0,5
Erc(B)-MCV8882-98fL
Erc(B)-MCH3027-33pg
B-Trombocyter226145-348x10(9)/L
P-Glukos5,74,2-6,0mmol/L
P-Natrium (Sodium)140137-145mmol/L
P-Kalium (Potassium)4,73,5-4,6mmol/L

PeskyPeater

The prolactin and estradiol is high and your pulse seems high from cortisol and low thyroid function and androgens.
Pregnenolone seems like a good option with thyroid meds and vitamin A.

edit. oh you use nicotine that affects also your pulse.

liam183

I've had similar issues as you. Vitamin E tocopherols daily and a B complex containing B6 (I get both from forefront health) help a ton. Tribulus is good as well. I also make a tea mixture with Mai Ya (great for lowering prolactin), ginger, ginseng, and gelatin.

liam183

Forgot something: with low vitamin D even after sun exposure, you're probably high in stress. Tribulus helps this, but taking a form of magnesium will help you hold vitamin D better. I personally do Epsom salt foot soaks nightly

tallglass13

Interesting that your Free T3 and T4 are upper range. But as Haidut stated that does not really count. Your DHEA is high end, so I wanted to know about your scalp hair status. Might mean your adrenals are in overdrive due to compensation for low thyroid. You obviously need to work on your body temperature. I think you should focus on getting high energy oxidation from increasing your supplementation of Niacinamide and other forms of B3, as well as all other B's. Hows your hair doing?
1g of Aspirin is quite a lot, Ray stated he once took 1 g, but it must be worked into. You should be using Kuinone. and for energy prodution as well. You might have low Potassium, so please check that. Aspirin is an acid and can lower K+. Potassium is involved in thyroid acceptance into the cell.

Last edited:
OP
D

dudu

The prolactin and estradiol is high and your pulse seems high from cortisol and low thyroid function and androgens.

Thanks I'll look into that some more

I've had similar issues as you. Vitamin E tocopherols daily and a B complex containing B6 (I get both from forefront health) help a ton. Tribulus is good as well. I also make a tea mixture with Mai Ya (great for lowering prolactin), ginger, ginseng, and gelatin.
Forgot something: with low vitamin D even after sun exposure, you're probably high in stress. Tribulus helps this, but taking a form of magnesium will help you hold vitamin D better. I personally do Epsom salt foot soaks nightly
Yeah lots of stress has probably not helped last few years... I'll look into what my b and mg intake is like

Interesting that your Free T3 and T4 are upper range. But as Haidut stated that does not really count. Your DHEA is high end, so I wanted to know about your scalp hair status. Might mean your adrenals are in overdrive due to compensation for low thyroid. You obviously need to work on your body temperature. I think you should focus on getting high energy oxidation from increasing your supplementation of Niacinamide and other forms of B3, as well as all other B's. Hows your hair doing?
1g of Aspirin is quite a lot, Ray stated he once took 1 g, but it must be worked into. You should be using Kuinone. and for energy prodution as well. You might have low Potassium, so please check that. Aspirin is an acid and can lower K+. Potassium is involved in thyroid acceptance into the cell.
Yeah I expected T3 and T4 to be lower but as you say it doesn't tell the whole story. My hair has receded a bit around the temples, but not much more. Started like two years ago but it doesn't seem to move further. Many men in my family with the same pattern. I think it's hard to notice any symptoms except for lack of energy and short term high stress, but adrenal overdrive sure sounds reasonable as I'm usually lethargic but feel a bit stimmed up at work when busy

Regarding aspirin I've never really felt anything from it, maybe I should just do 500mg? Potassium is actually high end: 4,7 (3,5-4,6). Vitamin K added only recently.

Thanks for your replies, really appreciate it

OP
D

dudu

This hypothyroidism. How tall are You? At 2200 calories i become skinny as hell.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but good to hear that people agree.

I'm 6' / 184 cm. I need to go down to like 1600-1700 kcal to actually lose weight. And I've tracked caloric intake very carefully over a long time so I'm not eating more on accident.

TheCedar1

How does he have low thyroid function when his free T3 is in the high normal range?

PeskyPeater

How does he have low thyroid function when his free T3 is in the high normal range?
Oh I ignore free thyroid values, I find it a silly concept and not reliable indicator in contrast to the totals.

low thyroid function b/c of high prolactin which is indicator for high estrogen and serotonin that hijack the HPT axis. And as his TSH is not very low you can assume the thyroid function is low

TheCedar1

Oh I ignore free thyroid values, I find it a silly concept and not reliable indicator in contrast to the totals.

low thyroid function b/c of high prolactin which is indicator for high estrogen and serotonin that hijack the HPT axis. And as his TSH is not very low you can assume the thyroid function is low
Oh