Went Out Of My Way, What Should I Do (Cigs)

TreasureVibe

Hi all, God I feel awful. Yesterday I have smoked 4 cigarettes after having quit for 2 years. What should I do or what can I take to mitigate the toxic effects of it? And did I just screw up 2 years of progress? I was at a friends house and drunk, and the stress just got to me. (My friend is a smoker)

Many thanks for your support!

Arnold Grape

The way this is written makes it seem like you are fairly distressed, so I would try and calm down. If you eat good and are currently somewhat healthy, you should know that you will be resilient to smoking a few cigarettes and having a drink. Possibly get some A/D/E/K and eat some nourishing meals. I'm sure there are worse setbacks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi all, God I feel awful. Yesterday I have smoked 4 cigarettes after having quit for 2 years. What should I do or what can I take to mitigate the toxic effects of it? And did I just screw up 2 years of progress? I was at a friends house and drunk, and the stress just got to me. (My friend is a smoker)

I don't think you ruined your two years progress with only four cigarettes! You probably feel bad from the combination of alcohol and cigarettes at the same time if you're not accustomed to doing both regularly. I bet you'll feel much better by tomorrow even if you do nothing out of the ordinary. Hopefully others will have some suggestions for what they do in a similar situation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is what I was thinking of and I'm wondering if you ever got it resolved?
Experts Needed On This Issue

Even considering that I don't think 4 cigs would undo two years of quitting.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

The way this is written makes it seem like you are fairly distressed, so I would try and calm down. If you eat good and are currently somewhat healthy, you should know that you will be resilient to smoking a few cigarettes and having a drink. Possibly get some A/D/E/K and eat some nourishing meals. I'm sure there are worse setbacks.
I was and am stressed yes. Thanks for the support. Will take ADEK and nourishing meals.

This is what I was thinking of and I'm wondering if you ever got it resolved?
Experts Needed On This Issue

Even considering that I don't think 4 cigs would undo two years of quitting.
Yes, thank you for your support. I still didn't visit a doctor yet because I thought the pain dissapeared actually. Now since the smoking I have developed a right lung cough again, and feelings of inflammation in the right lung and mucus production in the throat. *sigh* Perhaps I actually might be a candidate for being a young person with COPD and/or pulmonary fibrosis. I always wondered why all those other young people smoking cigarettes never seemed to have any problems or symptoms whatsoever. I have a history of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (which recently showed in a study to have a higher chance of getting COPD), and methotrexate use which could've destroyed the bone marrow, which lowers white blood cells, which could have to do with this higher affinity to problems related to cigarette smoke compared to the usual youngster. Anyways, yes, I will go to the doctor and get it checked out, I am certain now that I need to check out if its COPD and/or pulmonary fibrosis.

If its not that then I'm off to anti-inflammatory measures for whatever inflammation is causing that pain along with exercises.

Last edited:

BrianF

You spent two years without smoking - you did not screw up everything because 4 cigs cannot undo two whole years of non-smoking.

Now get back on the wagon and stop feeling sorry for yourself;-)

johnwester130

smoking unfiltered additive free tobacco like American Spirit can be an improvement

Taurine, Glycine, Lysine and Gelatin and vitamin k2 reverse fibrosis associated with cigarettes.
also caffeine and saturated fat

Zinc is also helpful with b6

OP
T

TreasureVibe

You spent two years without smoking - you did not screw up everything because 4 cigs cannot undo two whole years of non-smoking.

Now get back on the wagon and stop feeling sorry for yourself;-)
Thanks!

smoking unfiltered additive free tobacco like American Spirit can be an improvement

Taurine, Glycine, Lysine and Gelatin and vitamin k2 reverse fibrosis associated with cigarettes.
also caffeine and saturated fat

Zinc is also helpful with b6
Thank you!

SOMO

Same exact thing happened to me.

I quit cigarettes for 5+ years and then tried them and got extremely nauseous and violently ill. Like low blood sugar/low blood pressure, I remember hands feeling very clammy and a sensation of falling, so I had to sit down or the wave of nausea would worsen.

Anyway, this is just proof of toxicity of tobacco.

JUST VAPE OR CHEW GUM (IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED NICOTINE)

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I quit cigarettes for 5+ years and then tried them and got extremely nauseous and violently ill. Like low blood sugar/low blood pressure, I remember hands feeling very clammy and a sensation of falling, so I had to sit down or the wave of nausea would worsen.

Anyway, this is just proof of toxicity of tobacco.

JUST VAPE OR CHEW GUM (IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED NICOTINE)
I want to get a vape now to prevent future incidences while intoxicated lol.

However, I've discovered that the "magic" effects of cigarette smoke is its MAO inhibiting property which releases excess dopamine and serotonin in the brain. This is what gives the temporal high, I think.

biffbelvin

When we where 15 we called this a niccy rush and it was the main reason we smoked. For me I'd feel an extremely comfortable tingling sensation in my knees and feet.

If i experienced that now however, I'd probably freak out.

@RichardDobson if you feel any chest pains around 3-6 days in, don't sweat it. This is a very common side effect of smoking cessation and goes away, usually before the second week.

SOMO

When we where 15 we called this a niccy rush and it was the main reason we smoked. For me I'd feel an extremely comfortable tingling sensation in my knees and feet.

If i experienced that now however, I'd probably freak out.

@RichardDobson if you feel any chest pains around 3-6 days in, don't sweat it. This is a very common side effect of smoking cessation and goes away, usually before the second week.

It could have also been that the cigarette I tried is a Newport which is a cheap toxic brand that is known for being low-quality and likely high in added chemicals.
I want to get a vape now to prevent future incidences while intoxicated lol.

However, I've discovered that the "magic" effects of cigarette smoke is its MAO inhibiting property which releases excess dopamine and serotonin in the brain. This is what gives the temporal high, I think.

The only downside of Nicotine I know is that it can promote angiogenesis and act as a vasoconstrictor. However, there's some evidence it can help with neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's and Alzheimer's specifically) and may even be protective against these.

Plenty of people vape all day every day with no side-effects, so I think it's probably a good way to go if you need a natural stimulant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals