Wellbutrin - Bupropion

Can someone PM me Ray's email? Had a question about Wellbutrin.

Am currently on this medication for depression / to help with my adhd. I know it acts on dopamine and noradrenaline I'm just wondering if it's that bad, can I lower the noradrenaline through other measures?

redsun

Am currently on this medication for depression / to help with my adhd. I know it acts on dopamine and noradrenaline I'm just wondering if it's that bad, can I lower the noradrenaline through other measures?

Wellbutrin is not good for ADHD, not enough dopamine effect. Its noradrenaline effect cannot be lowered or reduced at all. If you are going to take something, take ritalin or some similar because they have a lot of dopamine effect to balance it out.

Cooper

I take it too, first 150mg and then 300 when the bottle finished. It does not reduce depression in particular sense but it builds/ adds a ''wall'' to your strength towards life.

So indirectly, you feel less depressed and immune to anxiety and stress. I heard it can also boost libido but im a Post Accutane Victim so im different. I live in literal hell for years so that kinda helped.

Im an anti- drug person due to my inital disease as you can imagine, but i was going to kill myself, so there is that.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
It's terrible like good 90% of pharma meds. Just straight up bollocks.
EQ is cool tho? jk

Idk for someoen that lacks motivation and/or used to rely on ADHD meds like addy etc. I want something that doesn't cause that nasty comedown where I end up feeling depressed

Any recommendations / replacements? I also, relied on Addy to keep me lean but I realize now how unhealthy that was to restrict my appetite / rely on the adrenaline effects to mimic exercise

Last edited:
OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Wellbutrin is not good for ADHD, not enough dopamine effect. Its noradrenaline effect cannot be lowered or reduced at all. If you are going to take something, take ritalin or some similar because they have a lot of dopamine effect to balance it out.
Want to avoid the ADHD meds

Makes me an irritable prick lol

redsun

Want to avoid the ADHD meds

Makes me an irritable prick lol

I have read that phenylpiracetam is good (cholinergic) but also a mild DNRI. May be worth a try. But just remember there is no perfect drug, there's always a consequence.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
I have read that phenylpiracetam is good (cholinergic) but also a mild DNRI. May be worth a try. But just remember there is no perfect drug, there's always a consequence.
Do you take amphetamines or ritalin? I got a nasty comedown from ritalin but could get my work done lol

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
I take it too, first 150mg and then 300 when the bottle finished. It does not reduce depression in particular sense but it builds/ adds a ''wall'' to your strength towards life.

So indirectly, you feel less depressed and immune to anxiety and stress. I heard it can also boost libido but im a Post Accutane Victim so im different. I live in literal hell for years so that kinda helped.

Im an anti- drug person due to my inital disease as you can imagine, but i was going to kill myself, so there is that.
builds/ adds a ''wall'' to your strength towards life.

What do you mean by that?

redsun

Do you take amphetamines or ritalin? I got a nasty comedown from ritalin but could get my work done lol

No I don't as I don't have a need for it. But ritalin is good for those who do and most will respond well to it. It does take some time to get used to them (including the come down), should be using extended release form which last most of the day.

Clavius78

Normally I only lurk on this forum. I never really reply or post anything. But for Wellbutrin I'll make an exception though. I had such a horrid experience with it that I feel like I need to warn people.

It's the first drug that the doctor put me on for my ADHD-PI. I only took it for 6 months. It wreaked havoc on my body. I had to quit because I suddenly got this loud whistle in my ears. Tinnitus is what they call it. Also, all my muscles started to become so very tense, that my joints started to hurt very bad. And what was even worse, I cared about nothing anymore, which almost made me lose my job.

I found the relation between those symptoms and Wellbutrin myself on the internet and confronted my psychiatrist with it. He confirmed those to be possible symptoms and weaned me off the stuff as quickly as possible.

That was 3 years ago. The pain in my joints and muscle slowly faded away. The whistle in my ears faded a bit, but is still there. It will probably never go away completely.

I just started Concerta 36mg slow release for treating my ADHD, which works wonders! I have very good focus and no comedowns. Which means that I take exactly the appropriate amount for me.

Frankdee20

Bupropion is a substituted cathinone.... The herb Khat, and methcathinone are often abused stimulants... It is definitely better than taking an SSRI

meatbag

I've used it before, the initial dopamine boost can be helpful but after a week it gets bad as it has a lot of other effects. Some of these posts might be helpful. It looks like the b-vitamins(b1,b3,b6) and the nutrition recommendations are helpful

Low Vitamin D Levels In Patients With ADHD

ADHD may be simply a vitamin B6 deficiency symptom

"In addition, the study provides some confirmation of Ray's writings that low dopamine, high serotonin and high glutamate are both causes and symptoms of autism, creating a vicious circle resulting in a chronically overexcited brain. Low dopamine and high glutamate are hallmark symptoms of "ADHD/ADD" and gut dysfunction is also implicated.
Btw, a human trial with cyproheptadine found improvement in 40% of children compared to placebo."
Autism linked to gut dysfunction
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caller: I know Dr. Peat talked about these students that were having difficulty in topics being taught and I am just hoping to have the subjects of low energy, memory, focus, ADHD developed a bit further. Could you speak a bit about poor memory and focus?

RP: Having an adequate amount of protein in your diet is an essential first thing. And for the average sized person, between the ages of 20 and 60, with everything else being equal, around 100 g of good protein per day optimizes your mental functioning. But there is a study of plane pilots done by the Pentagon, in which a high fat diet was best for their attention and their avoidance of accidents in interpreting information. And thiamine – vitamin B1 - is used to produce energy from glucose. And it can make a tremendous difference if you’ve been at all deficient in it. It’s just spectacular what a supplement of 10 mg or more of B1 can do for your mental focus and clarity. And if it isn’t strictly a simple nutritional problem, it’s often low temperature of the brain. If your brain is only 94 and 95 °F, it just isn’t going to function very well in any sense. There were studies in which the brain temperature was raised just by heating the head on the outside, and they found that memory, quickness of response, clarity of reasoning: all increased as the temperature went up even over 99 degrees. I think it was around 101 where the mental capacity was still increasing.
Vaccines And Immunity 1 And 2 - KMUD, 2014

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals