Well, my mother took the Astra-Zeneca vaccine.

worrywart

I've managed years ago to convince her to stop consuming PUFAs, and now her and my father have been eating a PUFA-free diet for years. But my anti-vaccine talking was to no avail. She's been vaccinated for a little over a month. I'm worried about her health. I'm also worried about the transmissibility of whatever they inoculated her with, as regards myself and my father. I've been living with my parents for a while now and I can't move out right now.

As I said in the title, it's the Astra-Zeneca shot. What would be some advisable measures here?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I'd think aspirin and vitamin K to address any clotting risks. Progesterone and thyroid (if hypometabolic).

But most importantly, you have to care for your own psychological health through this. There is only so much we can do for the ones we love. Do not think of her in negative scenarios and support her without guilt or overburdening yourself.

Dr. B

I'd think aspirin and vitamin K to address any clotting risks. Progesterone and thyroid (if hypometabolic).

But most importantly, you have to care for your own psychological health through this. There is only so much we can do for the ones we love. Do not think of her in negative scenarios and support her without guilt or overburdening yourself.
wouldnt vitamin K nullify the aspirin effects? since the blood will already be potentially clotted from the vaccine

Inaut

policosanols and pine needle tea are two things i'd recommend. policosanols are probably easier to prescribe.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
wouldnt vitamin K nullify the aspirin effects? since the blood will already be potentially clotted from the vaccine
Not really - K2 works both ways through protein C that is activated in the liver by vitamin K and is anticoagulative. Vitamin K is much more than pro-clot, but in that sense it can regulated coagulation in both ways. Given that reports of the jab incidents have been clotting and bleeding, K would make sense IMHO.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
policosanols and pine needle tea are two things i'd recommend. policosanols are probably easier to prescribe.
I do have some friend drinking pine needle tea. I do not know much about it but that is a cute read.

Dr. B

Not really - K2 works both ways through protein C that is activated in the liver by vitamin K and is anticoagulative. Vitamin K is much more than pro-clot, but in that sense it can regulated coagulation in both ways. Given that reports of the jab incidents have been clotting and bleeding, K would make sense IMHO.
interesting so vitamin K2 can both clot as well as thin the blood? is that for MK7, MK4, and K1 or only a specific one of those

Kram

Sorry to hear that. My mom had covid, still had confirmed antibodies in her system (ie still had immunity) and still got the pfizer vaccine. I try to respect people's choices but don't understand how people can be so plain stupid.

M

metabolizm

Sorry to hear that. My mom had covid, still had confirmed antibodies in her system (ie still had immunity) and still got the pfizer vaccine. I try to respect people's choices but don't understand how people can be so plain stupid.

What was your mother’s reasoning for getting the vaccine?

Kram

What was your mother’s reasoning for getting the vaccine?
She said she would have felt awful if she got covid again and spread it to other people. She didn't understand the vaccine doesn't offer that protection anyways and having natural immunity does. Think her doctor may have suggested it to her as well. Like a lot of people, she doesn't know how to think for herself and needs advice from the so called 'experts'.

OP
W

worrywart

Thanks for all the replies.:):
My mother seems to be doing pretty well. Her hands are consistently warmer than mine.
I've convinced her to take a daily aspirin, and I think she's more reluctant about taking the second shot now.
I'll look into the other advised substances. I think anything Peat-approved (niacinamide, cypro etc.) would be a good bet, no?