Weird Reaction To Magnoil?

scoobydoo

So I’ve been using magnoil for a while and get different reactions every time I use it
Sometimes it helps sleep a ton other times it makes it worse and I get this rash on my arms that’s very itchy. Any ideas what would cause this? It’s like a weird histamine reaction but I’m not sure what would be causing this to occur..

Attachments

• 195F781D-C9B4-4BEF-88DE-FB295447FB61.jpeg
    195F781D-C9B4-4BEF-88DE-FB295447FB61.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 86

brocktoon

So I’ve been using magnoil for a while and get different reactions every time I use it
Sometimes it helps sleep a ton other times it makes it worse and I get this rash on my arms that’s very itchy. Any ideas what would cause this? It’s like a weird histamine reaction but I’m not sure what would be causing this to occur..
Magnoil uses DMSO as a carrier, no? If so, it may be transmitting something already on the surface of your skin into the dermal layers. I'd be sure my arms were clear of any other creams, lotions, soaps, etc.

managing

Rub it in very slowly. DMSO rubbed vigorously will give me itchy red dots. Rubbed carefully and not a lot, it does not.

Only weird reaction I've ever gotten is a very large, very urgent bowel movement right after I used first time. But only the first time.

boris

@brocktoon is right.

Arms have to be absolutely clean before application, because of the DMSO. Just a tiny bit of grime or oily residue of other supplements or creams on the skin is enough to cause this reaction. It‘s best applied after a shower. Best to use soap/baking soda only, no weird shower gels.

OP
S

scoobydoo

@brocktoon is right.

Arms have to be absolutely clean before application, because of the DMSO. Just a tiny bit of grime or oily residue of other supplements or creams on the skin is enough to cause this reaction. It‘s best applied after a shower. Best to use soap/baking soda only, no weird shower gels.
Cheers thanks

salotz

How much are you applying over what area?

In another thread haidut mentions that the magnesium itself on the skin can cause irritation, ergo you must not apply too much over too small an area so that the magnesium can quickly be absorbed and not cause itchiness etc.. I've definitely felt this using it if I don't spread it around too much (e.g. 20 drops to an arm) I get an itchy irritated feeling for a little bit (although I don't think I got the rash).

I've gotten up to 50+ drops by doing 5 at a time on different parts of my body after a shower with no irritation.

Preglowman

Forum Supporter

I got the same thing. After using magoil with a spectacular results for at least two years,
A few months back I started to get a rash in my belly button, then arms then legs. Same pattern originally.

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 13