Weird experience from switching backto organic whole milk

Lostguy24

So recently I have decided to switch back to drinking organic whole one was that I have had better ability to make conversation with people which is something that I have never been able to do since before I took an ssri but I have had taken some beta alanine and taurine but I swear that things didn’t click with me till after i switch to the different milk. And another thing is that I had have trouble or restless sleep but it has nothing to do with the taurine i do suspect that it has something to do with what ever chemicals are in the milk that I had previously drank but it might be something to do with the brand of milk as I had never had this happen when I first switched

There's no "chemicals" in non-organic milk and i honestly cannot taste a difference at all regardless of the brand between organic and non-organic milk. The only thing that really makes a difference in the taste of milk is whether it is homogenised or not and organic milk is just as processed as non-organic if it doesn't state otherwise and also the breed of cow the milk came from e.g Jersey cow milk is slightly sweeter than milk that comes from Holsteins IME

There is raw milk as well, but i don't think Pasteurisation really affects the flavour too much until it sours of course and then you end up with something like Sur Mjolk without the texture

Progress888

There's no "chemicals" in non-organic milk and i honestly cannot taste a difference at all regardless of the brand between organic and non-organic milk. The only thing that really makes a difference in the taste of milk is whether it is homogenised or not and organic milk is just as processed as non-organic if it doesn't state otherwise and also the breed of cow the milk came from e.g Jersey cow milk is slightly sweeter than milk that comes from Holsteins IME

There is raw milk as well, but i don't think Pasteurisation really affects the flavour too much until it sours of course and then you end up with something like Sur Mjolk without the texture
Weird because I notice a major difference between the standard milk and the Organic milk here on the East side of Canada and the organic milk still isn’t even 100% grass fed!

I had 100% grass fed milk and noticed even more of a difference between that - the standard milk and the organic milk!

It was like it felt thicker and creamier!

OP
L

Lostguy24

Sorry I was referring to the non organic milk that I drank before in the context that there was some chemical and that I was in some kind of withdrawal from it

Lollipop2

i honestly cannot taste a difference at all regardless of the brand between organic and non-organic milk.
You have not had good organic Amish/Mennonite non homogenized milk. What you say is true for horrible organic brands like Horizon Organics. BUT friend there are some outrageously yummy organic milks, keep looking.

Lollipop2

Weird because I notice a major difference between the standard milk and the Organic milk here on the East side of Canada and the organic milk still isn’t even 100% grass fed!

I had 100% grass fed milk and noticed even more of a difference between that - the standard milk and the organic milk!

It was like it felt thicker and creamier!
?

You have not had good organic Amish/Mennonite non homogenized milk. What you say is true for horrible organic brands like Horizon Organics. BUT friend there are some outrageously yummy organic milks, keep looking.
Typical, condescending yank always assuming their experience trumps everybody elses no matter the context...

Well, probably not because i don't live in the US and i also don't naturally assume everybody does either and I absolutely cannot stand this about the internet. I Have no idea what "Horizon Organics" is, but i mostly consume in the UK non-homogenisedhl Jersey cow milk, and raw milk from Jersey cows all of which is grass fed and produced by independent farmers. If i buy super market i get the non-homogenised Duchy Jersey cow milk from Waitrose, the non-homogenised milk from Daylestord farms at Ocado, and Yeo Valley non-homogenised when i can't get either, and if i can't get that, i get Grahams Gold Smooth which is also Jersey cow milk and most of these(the first 3 supermarket options) are grass fed for 3 quarters of the year. Irritating isn't it, somebody reeling off a bunch of products you have no familiarity with or access to

It seems like to me that the milk you are referring to is probably non-homogenised then as that is the only thing that really affects the taste other than the breed of cow. I've lived in over 5-6 different countries across Europe, Scandinavia, and the Balkans over the last decade and a bit. i've tried milk and dairy produce from all of them some and of these countries i'd argue have much better agriculture and soil quality than anywhere in the ew es ay. The likelihood of the milk you are talking about being some kind of uber milk and worlds away from what i already tried(from both farmer produce and commercial)seems incredibly unlikely.

I'll leave you muricans to circlejerk eachother about your superior milk and whatever else you deem to be superior despite often having no other form of reference for comparison outside your own country?

reality

Ray has said that bad reaction to milks can be due to what the cow is eating and trying different brands helps.

That has been my experience aswell with milks, some I’m fine with others not

Lollipop2

Typical, condescending yank always assuming their experience trumps everybody elses no matter the context...

Well, probably not because i don't live in the US and i also don't naturally assume everybody does either and I absolutely cannot stand this about the internet. I Have no idea what "Horizon Organics" is, but i mostly consume in the UK non-homogenisedhl Jersey cow milk, and raw milk from Jersey cows all of which is grass fed and produced by independent farmers. If i buy super market i get the non-homogenised Duchy Jersey cow milk from Waitrose, the non-homogenised milk from Daylestord farms at Ocado, and Yeo Valley non-homogenised when i can't get either, and if i can't get that, i get Grahams Gold Smooth which is also Jersey cow milk and most of these(the first 3 supermarket options) are grass fed for 3 quarters of the year. Irritating isn't it, somebody reeling off a bunch of products you have no familiarity with or access to

It seems like to me that the milk you are referring to is probably non-homogenised then as that is the only thing that really affects the taste other than the breed of cow. I've lived in over 5-6 different countries across Europe, Scandinavia, and the Balkans over the last decade and a bit. i've tried milk and dairy produce from all of them some and of these countries i'd argue have much better agriculture and soil quality than anywhere in the ew es ay. The likelihood of the milk you are talking about being some kind of uber milk and worlds away from what i already tried(from both farmer produce and commercial)seems incredibly unlikely.

I'll leave you muricans to circlejerk eachother about your superior milk and whatever else you deem to be superior despite often having no other form of reference for comparison outside your own country?
How sweet and lovely. May all who read this see your deepest kindness for another.

I

i_nomad

Well, probably not because i don't live in the US and i also don't naturally assume everybody does either and I absolutely cannot stand this about the internet.
Oh wahhhh. It isn’t our job to sit around concerned someone else in some corner of the world might be unaware, uncomfortable or even offended.

I live in Northern California and I don’t have access to brands people mention from Southern California… let alone Amish/Mennonite which would be probably in the New England area.

You hear me throwing a fit about it?

I just google it if I’m curious or ignore it if I can’t be bothered.

Get over yourself.

Lollipop2

Oh wahhhh. It isn’t our job to sit around concerned someone else in some corner of the world might be unaware, uncomfortable or even offended.

I live in Northern California and I don’t have access to brands people mention from Southern California… let alone Amish/Mennonite which would be probably in the New England area.

Get over yourself.
:):

Lollipop2

Get over yourself.
Hey did you see this? It is an organic scorecard but lists different milks in the US. Someone posted on another thread. I know some good milks that aren’t organic and thus are not listed. It isn’t totally complete, but maybe gives some good ideas:

Organic Dairy Scorecard - Cornucopia Institute

Dr. B

pasteurized milks have always tasted better to me. the heating process improves the flavor, IMO. raw milk will taste better than cheap store bought milk, but if you heat that same raw milk it tastes better. the best tasting milk ive had is jersey/holstein mix, 50% grass fed 50% corn fed. that's not the best for health though. its A1 protein, only half grass fed. but corn does something to the milk and meat too apparently, some of the farms providing meat for fancy steak restaurants, have their cows fed both grass and corn.

lvysaur

Well, probably not because i don't live in the US and i also don't naturally assume everybody does either and I absolutely cannot stand this about the internet.
lmao the dude literally only said "Mennonite milk is good". I can also vouch that it's pretty good. Why so triggered?

I'm not throwing a hissy fit because white people don't know about the total lack of A1 protein in Indicine cattle, although that's arguably a much more important thing than whatever it is you're upset about

Dr. B

lmao the dude literally only said "Mennonite milk is good". I can also vouch that it's pretty good. Why so triggered?

I'm not throwing a hissy fit because white people don't know about the total lack of A1 protein in Indicine cattle, although that's arguably a much more important thing than whatever it is you're upset about
indicine cattle? the jerseys can also lack A1 right. and guernseys are like 95% of them lack A1 or something?

lvysaur

indicine cattle?
As opposed to the Middle Eastern Taurine clade, yes

Guernseys are a Taurine breed that lack A1, yes. Jerseys still have it, but a bit less than Holstein.

Although I think that any breed can be bred to lack it

Dr. B

As opposed to the Middle Eastern Taurine clade, yes

Guernseys are a Taurine breed that lack A1, yes. Jerseys still have it, but a bit less than Holstein.

Although I think that any breed can be bred to lack it
do you think A1 is inflammatory and unnatural in cows? didnt it only come into existence 1000 years ago, makes it seem like something stressful/damaging to the cows caused them to start making A1 instead of A2?