Weird Body Odor Emitted Last Night

So, I woke myself up this morning from a weird odor my body gave off last night while I was sleeping. The door was closed, there is no fan in the room, and I notices I was mildly damp from sweat. My daytime/work-out sweat does not smell bad at all, but something last night smelled quite strange. I wish I could describe it. I took an epsom salt/baking soda bath yesterday because I played soccer for the first time in a while, and was trying to prevent soreness today. The last meal I ate was an orange and some cream of tomato soup with parmesan cheese. I had a half a glass of wine within an hour of going to bed. I don't get it, but it really upset me when I found out I was making "that smell". My girlfriend began to sing "That Smell" my Lynard Skynard this morning :lol: which was pretty funny, but still upsetting. Thoughts?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Did it smell "skunk like"?

OP
E
Not so much skunk…more of a musky thick smell. I have never smelled anything like it. Thanks for the link Haagen…you have spiked my confidence level.

OP
E
I thought it could've been an excess of dairy because I ate A LOT of creamy soup and also put the cheese in it, but then I remembered that this used to be a problem for me back when my girlfriend and I first started dating, and that is when I was avoiding dairy all together…I was drinking a lot back then too, as well as mountain biking almost everyday. Not sure if any of this correlates, but it is a concern to me because I have been changing over to a more Peat themed diet, and I want to make sure I am doing it right, and not creating a build up of toxins that make me stink! :partydance

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I noticed some funky, skunk like smells the first few months of Peating.

OP
E
No, I have had this before, and it was when I wasn't eating dairy at all. Maybe it was the wine? Only a half a glass though! The epsom salt/baking soda bath? The increase in activity from soccer since I've been fairly stagnant? But wouldn't I have smelled while sweating on the field? So weird!

kiran

I think dewitt originally brought this up, but a peaty diet is low in molybdenum and thus you might be low in xanthine oxidase. So certain aromatic molecules might make it through say from food, resulting in funny smells.

Might be ketones if you're ending up in ketosis at night.

OP
E
Can you guys please elaborate a smidge more on these points for me? I tried reading about them, but my science background is greatly limited.

Mittir

RDA for Molybdenum is 45 mcg.
1 kg of whole or skim milk has 50 mcg
1 kg of cheese has 600 mcg
1 oz of liver ( beef,pork, lamb) has 45 mcg
100 grams of egg has 50 mcg
100 grams of cereal grains have on average 50 mcg
I think most people get good amount of molybdenum following RP
recommendations, probably lot less than people who eat a lot of grains.

Improper digestion is a common cause of bad odor.
RP recommends easy to digest food after
sunset as our digestive power slows down after that.
He also recommends that we eat most of the protein
during the day , sugar and fat in the evening.

marcar72

EndlessResearch said:
Can you guys please elaborate a smidge more on these points for me? I tried reading about them, but my science background is greatly limited.

Well what makes me think it could be ketones is that you said you had played soccer for the first time in awhile. Then from what I can tell you had a lot of soup with some OJ. What probably could have happened is that you burnt all your glycogen stores playing soccer and didn't adequately replace them afterwards, causing your body to turn to using fat for fuel as you slept. You also said it used to happen back in the day when you mountain biked a lot, same mechanism really of burning through all your glycogen stores and not adequately replenishing them afterwards. Google "ketosis body odor" for more info. :2cents

Parsifal

Mittir said:
Doesn't he recommends sugar throughout all day?

J

jb116

Parsifal said:
post 100646
Mittir said:
Doesn't he recommends sugar throughout all day?

yep to prevent hypoglycemia, protein/sugar during the day
fat/sugar in the evening/night.

Last edited by a moderator: