Weighting pros and cons of nettle for grey hairs

I might think the same as all the skeptics too, except seeing my cousin reverse his, and he did nothing else healthy, but take nettle was pretty convincing. When I started using nettle I could pluck a hair out and see the new color regrowth at the root. With so many products on the market promoting nettle as reversing it, there is obviously something to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-105615_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-105615_Samsung Internet.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 63

caraudio

I might think the same as all the skeptics too, except seeing my cousin reverse his, and he did nothing else healthy, but take nettle was pretty convincing. When I started using nettle I could pluck a hair out and see the new color regrowth at the root. With so many products on the market promoting nettle as reversing it, there is obviously something to it.
What type and amount of nettle worked for you?

I used this brand and just followed the directions.

Attachments

• 20210912_105755.jpg
    20210912_105755.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 57
Here are a few important things to know about stinging nettle. It is high in K whichbis a plus for Ray Peater who don't eat vegetables and suppliment K. Vitamin K and nettle helps blood clotting which is good for "O" blood types. Nettle has pain relieving properties. It lowers blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol. Nettle also has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, bonus, bonus, bonus!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210912-110733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210912-110733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 20

PeskyPeater

Nettle is pretty good stuff, has beta-sitosterols that can help the mitochondria respiration phases and help restore melanin production. I mean if you apply it topically.

Gustav3Y

Some people in certain European cultures used to wash their hair with boiled nettle water, rinses they say, often the talk is that the old women did that.
Not sure why there is always the talk about the grannies doing that, but I never heard about it regarding men.

Some people in certain European cultures used to wash their hair with boiled nettle water, rinses they say, often the talk is that the old women did that.
Not sure why there is always the talk about the grannies doing that, but I never heard about it regarding men.

Probably because old men don't care so much about gray hair, only balding.

PeskyPeater

Like Dr Peat said it takes high metabolism to sustain hair growth and it is regulated also by thyroid hormones at the follicle

Like Dr Peat said it takes high metabolism to sustain hair growth and it is regulated also by thyroid hormones at the follicle

I started taking nettle the same time as I went grain free. So I may have gotten better results than the average high phosphorus consumer.

PeskyPeater

Its good to care and try doing something about hair loss and graying, coz you will get motivated to do your own research and figuring it out.
this means activating the brain to novel information and this generates youth hormones especially progesterone, practically having anti-aging effects :)

PeskyPeater

It's the roots that are used for prostate problems, indicating bioactive substances that mimic steroid hormones. The leaf is more for anti-allergy. So the root extract seems the best option to use as an anti-graying tonic.

Ben.

Yes you are right, and in the past (40-60-80 years ago) it would seem men cared so little even about balding, let alone hair going grey.

At thoose times people were not so intensely stimulated constantly by movies, ads and social media.
Feeling inadequate is something one is constantly reminded off nowadays. Beauty standards have evolved to be more and more unrealistic/unachievable.
The difference comes of wether or not this ***t has been engraved into you at a young age.

Either way, im sure even 100 or 200 years before people woud've kissed your feet if you had a cure for balding/greying, even if it wasn't as important as nowadays.

Its good to care and try doing something about hair loss and graying, coz you will get motivated to do your own research and figuring it out.
this means activating the brain to novel information and this generates youth hormones especially progesterone, practically having anti-aging effects :)

I like the way you think. :hattip

Yes you are right, and in the past (40-60-80 years ago) it would seem men cared so little even about balding, let alone hair going grey.

Men can look good gray and even bald, "balding" not as much. They look wise or rugged, not women.

ilovethesea

It's the roots that are used for prostate problems, indicating bioactive substances that mimic steroid hormones. The leaf is more for anti-allergy. So the root extract seems the best option to use as an anti-graying tonic.
Would you agree with this @Rinse & rePeat ?

If I could kill two birds with one stone - anti grey hair and allergy symptoms - that would be ideal but I'm not sure what to buy now.

I found Swanson and Now have nettle that is specifically the root:

However those have excipients... unlike the one you took:

And in Canada we have this weird "aerial parts" version that seems to be leaves and seeds and claims to be a diuretic (as I said in the other thread I'm not too keen on taking this)

Any thoughts??

I

If I could kill two birds with one stone - anti grey hair and allergy symptoms - that would be ideal but I'm not sure what to buy now.

And in Canada we have this weird "aerial parts" version that seems to be leaves and seeds and claims to be a diuretic (as I said in the other thread I'm not too keen on taking this)

Any thoughts??

I only used the leaves so I couldn't say. I kill two birds too with the leaves getting my vitamin K :)

Any thoughts??

On this organic hair skin and nail vitamin they use nettle leaf.

Attachments

• 20210919_152103.jpg
    20210919_152103.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 20

ilovethesea

On this organic hair skin and nail vitamin they use nettle leaf.
Ok thanks! I think I’ll just stick to what worked for you and your family members then... I managed to find one seller here that has your version!
Good to know about the vitamin K as well. K2 supplements are banned in Canada for some reason.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals