Weight Loss: Reduce Starch Or Fat?

DaveFoster

Can large quantities be defined?
Say more than 20% to 30% of calories from dairy fat, cocoa butter or even olive oil.

Just drinking low fat milk and using coconut oil for frying should be fine.

D

Deleted member 5487

Say more than 20% to 30% of calories from dairy fat, cocoa butter or even olive oil.

Just drinking low fat milk and using coconut oil for frying should be fine.

I did just get my hands on some Full Fat Raw Jersey Milk. It is so good. You can feel/taste the difference, feels like it defiently lowers the stress hormones and creates an anti-inflammatory effect.
http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/hormones.html

cyclops

Best combo I have found is Sugar+ Decent sat fat for the muscles to oxidize at rest since they don't have a bunch of glucose from starch.

Muscles to oxidize what...body fat? Are you saying that when you don't eat starch your muscles don't have glycogen so they burn more fat?

D

Deleted member 5487

Could it be the opiate effects Travis has talked about?

Not sure but I like it haha

Been reading around. https://www.westonaprice.org/the-biochemical-magic-of-raw-milk-and-other-raw-foods-glutathione/

1)Mabey some extra Gluthaione and increased efficiency brought on by the non-denatured whey found in Unpasteurized milk.

2) Maybe some Progesterone offsetting the inflammatory effects of DHT. I do have male pattern baldness on the temples, tho I know that theory is not really accepted here and I agree.

I am probably going to purchase a share in a Jersey Cow 15 miles outside my university, you get a gallon a week when u buy a share.

DaveFoster

tomisonbottom

Just to chime in, my experience is that a reasonable amount of saturated fat and up to a tablespoon of olive oil make me lean, because they lower my gut stress.

If you are one of the lucky ones for whom starch or low fat makes you lean then I congratulate you. And I wish I had your healthy guts.

I think you've hit the nail on the head on why different things work for different people; Low fat works only if you can tolerate a lot of liquid or starch.

Curious though, why do you include olive oil?
And how much saturated fat?

Stilgar

I think you've hit the nail on the head on why different things work for different people; Low fat works only if you can tolerate a lot of liquid or starch.

Curious though, why do you include olive oil?
And how much saturated fat?

I get a nice feeling from food cooked in olive oil - not sure why, I think it can just be less sickly than butter and feels more antiseptic to me.
Perhaps it is just taste.

I eat generous amounts, some with every meal, just enough to make food taste good. Sometimes it is 50g-70g a day, sometimes 10-20g, but I eat a lot of lowish fat feta too (which still is about 25g fat a day). I use coconut oil most of the time and seem to be able to eat plenty of it without gaining weight. Like I could eat close to a cup and feel leaner the next day! I'm more cautious with the butter and olive oil but not overly so.

I think low thyroid is responsible for my situation though. I am still experimenting with the right dose and the fat is just necessary whilst my gut function is compromised. Eases things through and lowers bacterial growth. It feels intuitively right too.

tomisonbottom

I get a nice feeling from food cooked in olive oil - not sure why, I think it can just be less sickly than butter and feels more antiseptic to me.
Perhaps it is just taste.

I eat generous amounts, some with every meal, just enough to make food taste good. Sometimes it is 50g-70g a day, sometimes 10-20g, but I eat a lot of lowish fat feta too (which still is about 25g fat a day). I use coconut oil most of the time and seem to be able to eat plenty of it without gaining weight. Like I could eat close to a cup and feel leaner the next day! I'm more cautious with the butter and olive oil but not overly so.

I think low thyroid is responsible for my situation though. I am still experimenting with the right dose and the fat is just necessary whilst my gut function is compromised. Eases things through and lowers bacterial growth. It feels intuitively right too.

Yes, I think coconut oil is in a land of it's own when it comes to saturated fats.