Weight Loss Club

OP
Peata

Peata

mayart said:
Thank you . I have something else to share but it is past my bedtime. LOL
It is very great for women to know what has happened to me, in this area, and it is super surprising and great. I had an issue and this program made me 100% normal when I THOUGHT I needed surgery or something. It must have been-- hormonal this issue? I will find a suitable link to post this on tomorrow. It is a miracle really. Plus I am in pregnancy and childbirth groups and breastfeeding groups to help women, and I recently found out a cause that could been the cause of my issue - This is not an issue to graphic for a man to read and feel uncomfortable, it is very GREAT.

Did you make this post yet? I would like to read more about your experiences.

OP
Peata

Peata

Well, I FINALLY dropped a little weight. All this time, I kept bouncing up and down 2 - 3# on the highest end of my comfort zone. I rarely saw a certain lower number, and when I did, could never get the next number down on the scale. Instead I'd just bounce back up again. Today I had a feeling I had made progress, and sure enough when I got on the scale, I saw a number that I hadn't seen in about a year. I'd still like to lose at least 4 more pounds, but that fact that I lost anything at all is a good sign. I believe things are getting healed.

This is real progress because my weight has been stuck for almost a year. I used to be able to lose easily when my insulin resistance(?) wasn't going on. In those cases I couldn't lose and would gain some. But any other time, I could lose with minimal effort. A friend of mine often told me women can't lose weight or it's very hard after 40 and I thought I was just getting a taste of that (of course I know that's connected to hormones like pretty much everything).

What I think is happening is that I'm finally getting a handle on some of this excess estrogen. It was after I started certain supplements that I've felt a change. I'll probably make a post about it before too long in my log here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1826 I've been doing Peat stuff for 8 months now.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata said:
I'll probably make a post about it before too long in my log here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1826
Please do. :hattip

As I was reading your post I had the same thought as you about you being able to lose a little extra weight now. Your hormones and metabolism must be getting better.

"You don't lose weight to get healthy, you get healthy to lose weight."

OP
Peata

Peata

I made the post. I just tried to put down everything I was supplementing, how long, how much, and any certain food changes I could think of.

OP
Peata

Peata

Still down on the scale - no bounce back up so far. I think at least some of it is due to swelling/water retention being reduced (which should mean lower estrogen too from what I've been reading). I think this because my pants practically slid down off of me a few times yesterday. Breasts aren't sore and swollen like they normally would be this time of month. I just have this lean feeling about me, which I haven't felt in a long time so it's good.

I do feel like things are healing. I haven't had blood tests in a long time and won't be able to for at least a couple more months, but going by how I feel physically/mentally, etc. I think my liver has improved its function and my sugar and fat metabolism is functioning better too.

Hope this is all the case and that the improvements stick.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A friend told me yesterday they she had dropped something like 10 pounds in the last couple weeks. Without even thinking I told her that, oh, your estrogen must be dropping and you are dumping water. I got a :eh: with that one. :lol:

OP
Peata

Peata

Down yet another pound. Losing one pound per week since the beginning of Nov.

HDD

I have lost 9 pounds from my highest weight of 142 lbs. The first 5 pounds came off during an illness that I had a fever from for almost a week. I was at 135 for quite some time going up and back down with a few pounds. When I started thyroid, on the days I was starving and ate to keep up, I dropped a few pounds. After that loss, my weight has gone up and down with the couple of pounds. It seems that on the days I eat less I go up and when I eat more, I go down. Crazy. I thought I must be imagining it so have been hesitant to post. I made a potato soup with cream cheese that I loved and thought for sure I would gain because it had to be fattening. But, no, scale went down. I am now at 133 lbs. but still would like to drop maybe 8 more pounds. It is hard for me to know a good weight because I have always been thin and used to looking a certain way. When I see myself in the mirror now, it is too much weight for my frame. I would like to get down to 115 but 125 is probably more realistic. I have been less sedentary lately so this also could be the reason for the weight loss.

HDD

I am down 2 more pounds. It is definitely because of being more active and not sitting and eating as much. I haven't taken temperature and pulse so I am hoping less food doesn't affect my metabolism. It seems I lose some at Christmas every year even though I eat more cookies and fun food. :D

superhuman

It would be really great if people provided their stats in terms of bodyweight, height etc and the amount of calories they eat and what they eat so one can determend if its the food, hormones etc that is making you loose the weight or if its just the restricting of calories.

J

j.

superhuman said:
It would be really great if people provided their stats in terms of bodyweight, height etc and the amount of calories they eat and what they eat so one can determend if its the food, hormones etc that is making you loose the weight or if its just the restricting of calories.

I find counting calories very tedious.

juanitacarlos

j. said:
superhuman said:

I find counting calories very tedious.
I do too, but find it necessary sometimes.

I think it would be an interesting experiment to see how much people are eating to maintain, lose etc in relation to their weight and height.

I think people under eat too much when trying to lose weight. That generally comes from this idea this blanket statement that women need 2000 and men need 2500. It's quite ridiculous when you think about it.

Because of my current weight being so high, I can maintain on about 2700-2800 calories, and lose easily on 2300.

I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading an article on some organisation or group in the UK trying to have the daily recommendation for women increased to 2400 calories, because when they actually tested a range of women's daily requirements (through actual calorie expenditure, not through food journals), that is the figure that was coming up. But more importantly, the women they tested on had to meet the following criteria: they have never dieted or had any major weight issues. When a person calorie restricts/starves/diets too extreme, they damage their metabolism and require sometimes 25% less calories than someone of the equivalent height and weight. So you think about someone eating like me, who needs 2800 to maintain, 'diets' and eats 1500-1800, that's probably like a 1000 calorie deficit. So much damage is done eating so little. That is definitely starving yourself and doing damage.

And I wonder how much under eating causes weight gain eventually. Imagine you are trying to eat this magical 2000 calorie mark, when you need 2500 calories daily. You would be hungry, slow metabolism, be more obsessed by food (especially in this obesogenic environment) etc. Eventually this would lead to overeating. I think a lot of people are just chronically undereating and stuffing up their metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals