Weight Loss Club

OP
Peata

Peata

Update - since Thurs. I have kept my calories under 2000 per day, but haven't lost. I am sure (hoping, at least) this is due to where I'm at in my cycle.

Period just started and I'm experiencing some bloating, bad acne on jaw, fibrocystic breasts. I'm taking Progest-E, though a lower dose than earlier in the month (I think I got the dosage schedule backwards :roll: ) and I'm taking some aspirin, which helps a lot with estrogen, IME. Also avoiding alcohol since that's another big estrogen spiker for me.

Any other tips appreciated.

Hope you all are having health and weight success this weekend.

HDD

We have two large pizzas in the house and I am very hungry. I am going to look up the calories as I drnk some coffee w/milk, sugar, and co.

Bluebell

Update from me, I'm still eating just under 2000 cals each day, have not lost weight but won't reduce the cals more until a week or two. I'm sure I'm eating less so I think it'll be a slow long one but safe. I remember Peat saying on an interview it's important to lose slowly or you can lose muscle mass which is not a good idea. Hoping for slow fat loss!

Peata you'll feel so much better in a few days time - sounds like you are doing all you can. Helps me a little to have regular sugar, and a little vit E at that time.

HDD that's dangerous, not 1 large pizza but 2! Those pizzas are not safe from being munched. BTW love your avatar is that a Bengal?

OP
Peata

Peata

Peata said:
Period just started and I'm experiencing some bloating, bad acne on jaw, fibrocystic breasts. I'm taking Progest-E, though a lower dose than earlier in the month (I think I got the dosage schedule backwards :roll: ) and I'm taking some aspirin, which helps a lot with estrogen, IME. Also avoiding alcohol since that's another big estrogen spiker for me.

Oh, and having the daily carrot too, of course.

OP
Peata

Peata

Diane, did you have some pizza?

I have a couple slices of pizza pretty much every week. Usually my own recipe, but sometimes other.

HDD

No, it was close. I looked up calories of one slice and it was around 300. :eek: I normally would have had 2 slices and felt yucky after. What do you use for crust when you make it?

I had only around 160 calories left because of full fat milk and cheese. I think under 2000 will be more realistic.

OP
Peata

Peata

For crust, I use King Arthur bread flour, water, yeast, and salt.

I don't have gluten problems or anything, and pizza - usually my own pizza - is just one of the non-Peaty things I allow and enjoy now and then.

HDD

"There are different kinds of weight gain. When a person's metabolic rate increases, and stress hormones decrease, for example when adding two quarts of milk to the daily diet, their muscle mass is likely to increase, even while their fat is decreasing. Since muscle burns fat faster than fat does, caloric requirements will gradually increase."

I did notice muscle mass increase at first, but I increased my fat too.

3:00
Temp. 99 (very warm here + coffee smoothie)
Bpm 89

Thanks Blubell, my avatar is a stock picture. I think it is just a cat. I like your avatar. I don't know how to do my own picture.

Paying attention to the calories is a pain but it is very helpful if trying to lose. I have not committed to any exercise yet because my work is enough. The only problem is that it is usually only 2 days per week.

Peata, I usually order pizza when I don't want to cook. So making my own would defeat my purpose. I have always wanted to make my own crust but have always been intimidated by the yeast. :oops:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Diane, if you have a picture in mind PM it to me and I will apply it to your avatar. That goes for anyone else to. :hattip

Bluebell

Haagendazendiane said:
"There are different kinds of weight gain. When a person's metabolic rate increases, and stress hormones decrease, for example when adding two quarts of milk to the daily diet, their muscle mass is likely to increase, even while their fat is decreasing. Since muscle burns fat faster than fat does, caloric requirements will gradually increase."

I did notice muscle mass increase at first, but I increased my fat too.

I think my muscle mass has increased a little, but fat has defo increased. I'd like it if my bones have become stronger/heavier too. I wonder if that's happened to anyone on Peat? Hard to tell although when a person gets back to their usual set weight, they might be able to estimate it.

OP
Peata

Peata

Went on a picnic yesterday and had PUFA foods, but it was a good day with family.

However, last night I was craving chocolate ice cream so I ate a cup.

Needless to say, the scale is not in a good mood this morning. But I will chalk it up to hormones and keep doing my best.

Hope everyone has a great week.

cfhunter

Ugh I know the one thing i have to give up is wine. If that we're gone completely? I'd drop weight. I'm sure of it. Sigh. Does anyone else feel like giving up on last pleasure is just more than enough? Ugh.

OP
Peata

Peata

Ugh, I craved more chocolate ice cream tonight. I ate a lot (at least one cup). OK, I'll keep telling myself this is a period thing.

I understand, cfhunter. I had alcohol tonight too, and it helped put me over my calorie limit.

Bluebell

I am managing to stay below 2000, we'll see if I'm losing when I weigh in a few days. The difficult thing is keeping it going after the initial push! It's going to take quite a few weeks. I think we should have a little of what we really want, a bit of wine & ice cream is OK I think. Of course wine isn't strictly Peat, but if you love it I'd say have some. I am having a dessert each evening.

Hope everyone has a good weight loss week this week.

montmorency

cfhunter said:
Ugh I know the one thing i have to give up is wine. If that we're gone completely? I'd drop weight. I'm sure of it. Sigh. Does anyone else feel like giving up on last pleasure is just more than enough? Ugh.

Is that red or white?

When I went low-carb, I gave up beer, and switched to red wine (on the basis it was supposed to have less residual sugar than white, and all the supposed anti-oxidant benefits, etc, etc).

That kind of worked, provided I didn't overdo the wine (which I'm afraid I have a tendency to do).

Since discovering Peat, I've been trying to avoid alcohol, but I do occasionally slip (even an occasional beer, which I'm sure is bad on several levels).

If I go to a pub now, I'm more inclined to buy a pure orange juice (usually it's from concentrate, but still..), and in the current heat, with ice.

I'm wondering if I'd get away with slipping the occasional gin or vodka into it though....
(oops, sounds like a real alcoholic's trick, doesn't it..... :shock: ).

HDD

"Yes, I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system.
Yes, that's why a resistant (antiseptic) fiber such as bamboo shoots or raw carrot helps with weight loss, it reduces endotoxin and the stress hormones, and lets the liver metabolize more effectively." ~ RP

So fascinating what the simple carrot can do.

@Blubell are you having a carrot 2 x per day? Are you seeing any result from that?

I have not given up my French fries. I ate 1/2 piece of pizza the next day when it wasn't as good. I don't have any ice cream in the house or wine right now. When I do, I usually indulge in both, a little.

Lifting 10lb weight each arm rapidly for 20 seconds burned 6 calories. Lol
Dancing 15 minutes while making dinner burned 60.

Ate 3 oz of liver yesterday. It sure is a powerhouse of nutrients. Probably why I was able to lift weights.

Bluebell

Haagendazendiane said:
"Yes, I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system.
Yes, that's why a resistant (antiseptic) fiber such as bamboo shoots or raw carrot helps with weight loss, it reduces endotoxin and the stress hormones, and lets the liver metabolize more effectively." ~ RP

So fascinating what the simple carrot can do.

@Blubell are you having a carrot 2 x per day? Are you seeing any result from that?

I have not given up my French fries. I ate 1/2 piece of pizza the next day when it wasn't as good. I don't have any ice cream in the house or wine right now. When I do, I usually indulge in both, a little.

Lifting 10lb weight each arm rapidly for 20 seconds burned 6 calories. Lol
Dancing 15 minutes while making dinner burned 60.

Ate 3 oz of liver yesterday. It sure is a powerhouse of nutrients. Probably why I was able to lift weights.

Hi Diane, thank you for all these quotes, they are really motivating. :)

Yes I am doing a carrot salad 2x per day now, and I've given up starch, but am having sweet things as much as I want. It's hard to tell but I think I feel a little better from having it 2x per day (it was 1x per day for a long time before that). I am exercising daily with a bit of walking n weights, stretches. Think I've lost a little but will wait until a week since starting for weigh-in.

I'm having quite a bit of liver too, I really like it at the moment & I am trying to eat concentrated nutrients. I need to drink more OJ.

Dancing while making dinner, conjures up a groovy image.

cfhunter

Red wine is usually my favorite. I think it's what keeps my belly fat on. I am muscular and thin everywhere else :( definition in legs arms shoulders and back bit not tummy. Cortisol isn't the issue NOW but it could be residual estrogen or cortisol issues from last year (it was a rough one).

OP
Peata

Peata

Had another good day below 2000 calories, but the scale has actually gone up a pound the last few days. I weighed less when I was eating more.

Still, I'll keep this up and see if it doesn't start to drop when the hormones have settled down some.

OP
Peata

Peata

Just had a thought about the amounts of fat and sugar. I've read if you have a lot of one, you shouldn't have a lot of the other? Maybe I'm having too much of both and that's why I have a little more fat than I want in certain areas.

What amount of fat and sugar should we be getting?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals