Weight Gain And Trouble Breathing

iLoveSugar

Over the past 3 years, I've been steady gaining weight. Its really hindering my ability to breathe. I'm waking up all night with trouble breathing, out of breath going from standing to laying down, walking up stairs, etc. Thyroid hasnt helped at all.

My comfortable weight was always 155 (I'm a short male 5'6). I'm now at 200. I'm hurt and can't breathe right, and really need help.

J

james2388

Thyroid probably made you fatter. So many people on here just jump to thyroid, without understanding what a healthy diet looks like.
You love sugar, but you better not be mixing it with FAT.
Truly the best example of the Ray Peat Sugar Lifestyle is the Vegan Durian Rider, who barely consumes any fat at all and as much sugar as he wants.

Scrap your whole diet, Get on the vertical diet by Stan Efferding. Red meat, White rice, OJ, simple veggies, Coffee w/ skim milk and sugar. Remember Ray is a low fat milk guy, too many people forget this when it comes to icecream or whole milk with sugar binges.

Start walking, jump ropping, simple isometric breathing exercises with core engagement. Seriously start doing something, and start getting coaching if you can afford it because you need some direction. Possibly even a sleep apnea machine right now.

Recoen

Over the past 3 years, I've been steady gaining weight. Its really hindering my ability to breathe. I'm waking up all night with trouble breathing, out of breath going from standing to laying down, walking up stairs, etc. Thyroid hasnt helped at all.

My comfortable weight was always 155 (I'm a short male 5'6). I'm now at 200. I'm hurt and can't breathe right, and really need help.
Are you taking any B1?

Hans

Forum Supporter

Both are connected to the gut so if you can sort out your gut, you'll see improvements.

Nicole W.

Thyroid probably made you fatter. So many people on here just jump to thyroid, without understanding what a healthy diet looks like.
You love sugar, but you better not be mixing it with FAT.
Truly the best example of the Ray Peat Sugar Lifestyle is the Vegan Durian Rider, who barely consumes any fat at all and as much sugar as he wants.

Scrap your whole diet, Get on the vertical diet by Stan Efferding. Red meat, White rice, OJ, simple veggies, Coffee w/ skim milk and sugar. Remember Ray is a low fat milk guy, too many people forget this when it comes to icecream or whole milk with sugar binges.

Start walking, jump ropping, simple isometric breathing exercises with core engagement. Seriously start doing something, and start getting coaching if you can afford it because you need some direction. Possibly even a sleep apnea machine right now.
In what way do you think thyroid would make him fatter?

Nicole W.

In what way do you think thyroid would make him fatter?
Interesting theory, I guess that’s possible. Personally, I found that when I was low thyroid I was always tired, cold and hungry looking for a source of energy. But when I supplemented thyroid, appetite and blood sugar normalized and I could go longer without food.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

No sugar with fat. I have one small serving of Häagen-Dazs daaz 3-4x per week. Other than that, not much really. Maybe some chocolate here and there. Sometimes 1 pancake in the morning (masa harina) with butter. Im rapidly gaining.

Barbarossa

Did you checked your cortisol levels? ACTH? may be Cushing’s syndrome or disease?

Jessie

How many calories are you eating per day? Are you eating foods like liver and eggs to meet nutritional requirements? B vitamins are rapidly drained when you eat a bunch of refined sugar. You'll need to either A) increase the consumption of B vitamins (likely through supplementation), or B) replace some of the refined sugar with natural sources like fruit.

The ACTH/cortisol theory could also be an issue, considering one of the most significant features of elevated cortisol is weight gain and insulin resistance. Eating smaller more frequent meals will keep blood sugar balanced. Pregnenolone can also help with this.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Breathing is still a large issue at hand. Always losing my breath, easily exerted, etc.

Do the Master Cleanse for 10 days and do the saltwater flush with it . Get a series of colonics before you do the master cleanse. Dont listen to all the people on here who go crazy calling the MC a fast. It really isn't, it just living on glucose/fructose and water and salt . It is fast and you feel great.

YourUniverse

What about breathing exercises? Maybe you pulled an extrarespiratory muscle, or stress caused it to tighten and now it needs to be stretched back out and relaxed.

Deep, forceful breaths in through the nose, hold for a count, and very slow exhale. Make a noise on the exhale like a sigh (this audible portion is very important for some reason, I think the vibration of the vocal cords resonates close to 'om', discussion for another day).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals