We learned the truth about health from Ray. Where to learn the truth about other topics?

BearWithMe

Who is the Ray Peat of history, politics, economy, psychology, human nature, relationships, business... and other important or interesting topics?

P

Peatness

Great question. Based on the last 18 months I'm sticking with Dr Peat on all subjects for now.

Peatful

Who is the Ray Peat of history, politics, economy, psychology, human nature, relationships, business... and other important or interesting topics?
Thomas Sowell: hx, politics, economy and education.

Highly highly recommend.

Vernon Coleman- is a good story teller too.
But T Sowell is right up there with Peat.

tankasnowgod

Ray is an excellent guide when it comes to topics of health, and even some other topics. I don't think it's wise to completely rely on one man or source, however. Even Ray has suggested as much, considering he has stated the only legitimate protocol is "Perceive, Think, Act." On top of that, no one can be an expert in everything. The fact that he spent decades researching health related fields means that he couldn't have spent the same decades studying something like business.

I think one of the best insights into the economy was Patrick Bryne's 2014 speech at CATO. It's about 47 minutes, and he will introduce you to a low of powerful entities you probably didn't even know exist. Yusef El of High Frequency Radio is also great in that regard, especially to business, the setup of the current government, and also law and history.

JamesGatz

The good thing is that people who know the truth about a lot of these topics are starting to migrate here and bringing their knowledge with them - I feel like more recently people I have been speaking to privately on the forum are well-versed in world truths and the feeling is growing.

I think peating is the best place to do it because my experiences on other forums is coming across people who are more resentful/angry because of course their diet/lifestyle usually makes them more stressed and less likely to have a logical discussion - through time in the future I think slowly but surely this forum will figure mostly everything out as politically-incorrect topics become more welcomed

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Thomas Sowell: hx, politics, economy and education.

Highly highly recommend.

Vernon Coleman- is a good story teller too.
But T Sowell is right up there with Peat.
Wow, Sowell's bibliography is epic. Can't wait to dive into this. What book would you recommend to read first?

TheSir

I'm sticking with Dr Peat on all subjects for now.
How to become a cultist. Wouldn't be surprised if Peat felt embarrassed over such sentiments, as it's so contrary to his philosophy.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

The good thing is that people who know the truth about a lot of these topics are starting to migrate here and bringing their knowledge with them - I feel like more recently people I have been speaking to privately on the forum are well-versed in world truths and the feeling is growing.

I think peating is the best place to do it because my experiences on other forums is coming across people who are more resentful/angry and less likely to have a logical discussion - through time in the future I think slowly but surely this forum will figure mostly everything out as politically-incorrect topics become more welcomed
I completelly agree with that.

Healthy people are much more likely to think logically, to refuse the brainwashing and connect the dots for themselves.

P

Peatness

How to become a cultist. Wouldn't be surprised if Peat felt embarrassed over such sentiments, as it's so contrary to his philosophy.
I've done a lot of reading in my life so far. I've read far and wide so to speak. That statement has context to it, it is not literal.

LeeLemonoil

Peats ideas are one key to deciphering truth in any other anthropogenic field (like history).

Human civilizations mirror human organism. There are the laws of evolution on ht eone side, and death n the other side. Everything in between is homeostatic homeodynamics that are subject to the laws of nature.

Ever truth can be derived between those poles. There is alwasy only a certin spectrum of what can be true or viable in any given situation, no matter the scope or context.

It can only be explained thi abstract in short and when he generaliy of it is to be adressed.

It can be outined in detail on distinct topics.

I quote myself from another thread to see how everythin follows necessity dictated by physiology:

These threads of elites and their hierarchy are like inflammatory cascades.

You have some upstream families/signalers like Nf-kB and downstream elites that are not as fundamental but necessary part of the cascade. Activated by the upstream stuff and themselves responsible for activating downstream.

Way down you have things like institutions, authorities, politicians, armed forces who are more like neutral or basic cytokines.

They could actually act „benign“ and damage-reducing in another context, but since everything is manipulated way upstream to be „inflammatory“ in a damaging sense they too do damage.

Cytokines can be part of a repel and repair mechanism or become damaging to the organism itself. Police, politicians for example.
In a textbook liberal democracy with rule of law they work to improve or keep alive the state and society / organism.

Not in the highly manipulated, pathological system that is the real existing western world, where upstream Nf-KB, Il-1b elites and so on twist everything into autoimmune conditions: Media becoming propaganda, politicians corrupt working for particular interests, police enforcing authoritarian rules, Pharma researching ways to maintain sickness instead of healing.

Part of these blind cytokines are especially the common people that swallow everything book line and sinker. They don’t realize that they reinforce the downward spiral with their everyday life and beliefs - believing that they are doing the normal, right, sensible stuff. That the politicians work for liberty, democracy, wealth.

Than you have movements like Antifa and BLM that actively and aggressively destroy these values - but also believing they do the right thing. That is aggressive autoimmunity.

And within these inflammatory cascades that are the elite hierarchies you do have components thar actually work and try to improve things and stop the downward spiral: Some integre judge, tax investigators, the odd politician and investigator really trying to combat international money laundering and so forth.
It doesn’t matter. Their effects are subdued and overwritten by the broad force and stream. In some very complex sense, these things work in favor of the downward spiral too, by allowing the malign forces to adapt to the remnants of counteractive mechanisms.

We are headed somewhere destructive.

That’s not unusual. Societies and civilizations die, get destroyed, implode, fizzle out.
Get corrupted or evolve to become empires or totalitarian dictatorships. All these mirrors physiological proceedings and phenomena. Because they are subject to the very same laws of nature. It’s identical.

The question is where we are headed today. Which end?

Apoptosis and renewal? This is the best case, the functional, healthy/homeostatic case.
I think that’s sadly not the part we are on.

Senescence maybe?
That’s the „fading out“, slow implosion of societies, systems, civilization.
Like the feudal medieval.
Slow, hardly efficient societies with meagre progress and growth, but somehow kept alive by a sturdy, set hierarchy that in some way is benign, to prevent more destructive and deleterious developments.

In the end, senescence too leads to end, but way differently to what where we are.
(And senescence can become malign too - Dean describes just that. Old noble elites conspiring and cooperating with emerging powers, way more forceful and energetic. The merchants and bankers. That‘s only in senescent cancers observed. They can somehow epigeneticaly rewrite themselves when they are forced into senescent by medication/intervention. Maybe failed revolutions are a similar mechanism, I’m not quite clear here, but I will be)

This is where we are now. And a Long way along the chain already.

Look at us. Look at China. There is growth. Efficiency. High energy. Everything gets more vivid, bright, colorful - Look at the Chinese and South East Asia Metropoles from design boards. They shine lights all night.

What is this „beauty“, this growth?

It’s estrogen for sure. The medieval and paternal cultures with their rigidness and lack of opulence were androgenic/senescent.

This is not.

Estrogen is what causes growth. What creates beauty. To procreate? You’ll need estrogen, we actually evolved procreation because of estrogen. It is responsible for everything young and beautiful - and also for cancer and gravest autodestruction. Other factors ultimately decide that.
We are in Estrogens realm now. It’s ruthless force and power striving to a certain point down the line. There awaits and works diligently in the background, in the shadows -coldly, ruthlessly, following rules we don’t understand - entropy.

The elites brought us on a part to an unprecedented Cancer. I can’t predict how this will turn out. They feast and profit from the path and mechanisms leading that way. But they too are eventually subject to entropy. They too are subject to the rules of nature. What makes them forceful and powerful - and what they vice versa reinforce and push along - will be their end too. Someday. Some way. Unprecedented in human history. Unpredictable in its phenomenas.

An Ultra cancer, a big beauty seemingly

A World in order. A ruling class set and secure in ultimate totalitarian control and order.
Technology and AI able to calculate and anticipate even the most complex of algorithms and complexities.

Their minds, supplanted by cyborg AI themselves, their bodies, virtually undieable thanks to biotechnology.

Limitless energy by renewables and cold fusion - via that: nearly endless Ressources of all sorts.

Unraveling the secrets and laws of nature step by step. Becoming Demi-gods.

Shaping the emvironment to beautiful paradises, resurrecting or even creating long extinct or novel organisms and animals.

New, unfathomable ways of experiencing pleasure. Drugs and interventions that create pure bliss without downsides for any length of time they wish.

Is that not beauty?
Or is it a sick dystopia?

Can they break entropy? Or will entropy break them?

Can the chain of events and causes be broken beforehand - „intrinsically“, by the downtrodden? Can that suffice? To where would that deflect the path? Back to Apoptosis?
Well, the scope and sort of Apoptosis needed is frightening in itself, isn’t it? And is there enough „stem cell“ to go back to homeostasis? World war 2 wasn’t enough to stop the estrogen-track we are on. It seemed so, for a time. But eventually and in truth, it made things more malign. The Estrogen-inflammatory elites more aware, more adaptable, more powerful.

Was that already a epigenetic Adaption of cancer I Wrote about above?

To be continued

Thanks. I hoped you would like it. I have more of that, slowly but surely I will unravel more analogies of human physiology and human civilization. I have already found very precise, detailed similarities. I think you will be astonished - and confirmed. Much of what you know and feel is true. It’s subject to rules. You can feel and observe the phenomenons. We will prove the mechanisms.

Did it feel plausible and cohesive when you read it? At least mostly. It has to, otherwise it isn’t correct. Not all will be correct, but errors will help figure everything out.

A bit of caution though:
Yes, maybe only 3.5% is needed. But we are not there yet.

And everything it needs to prove and convince people is already out in the open, discovered sufficiently to convince and prove.

But „they“ know that. That’s why they don’t hide it anymore. They just double down. Beliefs is all it takes. Narratives and beliefs.
They don’t need to hide anymore. They just create narratives and beliefs to follow, and everything else get pictures as conspiracy and lunacy. On and on and on.

The latter is not the difficult part. People can see through that too eventually.

The difficult part is the narrative and myth stuff. Humans need and want beliefs. It’s a basic need and drive to belief and be „right“ have moral superiority. It is as strong a need, motive and drive as sexuality. This is difficult to overcome with reason or explanations. People don’t have the time, the intellect of the urge for reason and explainations.
They do have the urge to know better than you and be morally superior. They will crush you for it.

But yes, it all comes down to quantity. There is likely a critical mass. And there are plenty of decent people who have it in them to pierce the veil.

Surfari

If you're interested in cosmology - the Electric Universe Theory is thought-provoking. There is a channel on youtube and a website called the Thunderbolts Project. Most of it is way over my head, but I remember watching one lecture that discussed how the sun creates weather. There is another youtube channel called See the Pattern that discusses the Electric Universe Theory in even more detail. Quite a rabbit hole!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Peats ideas are one key to deciphering truth in any other anthropogenic field (like history).

Human civilizations mirror human organism. There are the laws of evolution on ht eone side, and death n the other side. Everything in between is homeostatic homeodynamics that are subject to the laws of nature.

Ever truth can be derived between those poles. There is alwasy only a certin spectrum of what can be true or viable in any given situation, no matter the scope or context.

It can only be explained thi abstract in short and when he generaliy of it is to be adressed.

I quote myself from another thread to see how everythin follows necessity dictated by physiology:

You have some upstream families/signalers like Nf-kB and downstream elites that are not as fundamental but necessary part of the cascade. Activated by the upstream stuff and themselves responsible for activating downstream.

Way down you have things like institutions, authorities, politicians, armed forces who are more like neutral or basic cytokines.

They could actually act „benign“ and damage-reducing in another context, but since everything is manipulated way upstream to be „inflammatory“ in a damaging sense they too do damage.

Cytokines can be part of a repel and repair mechanism or become damaging to the organism itself. Police, politicians for example.
In a textbook liberal democracy with rule of law they work to improve or keep alive the state and society / organism.

Not in the highly manipulated, pathological system that is the real existing western world, where upstream Nf-KB, Il-1b elites and so on twist everything into autoimmune conditions: Media becoming propaganda, politicians corrupt working for particular interests, police enforcing authoritarian rules, Pharma researching ways to maintain sickness instead of healing.

Part of these blind cytokines are especially the common people that swallow everything book line and sinker. They don’t realize that they reinforce the downward spiral with their everyday life and beliefs - believing that they are doing the normal, right, sensible stuff. That the politicians work for liberty, democracy, wealth.

Than you have movements like Antifa and BLM that actively and aggressively destroy these values - but also believing they do the right thing. That is aggressive autoimmunity.

And within these inflammatory cascades that are the elite hierarchies you do have components thar actually work and try to improve things and stop the downward spiral: Some integre judge, tax investigators, the odd politician and investigator really trying to combat international money laundering and so forth.
It doesn’t matter. Their effects are subdued and overwritten by the broad force and stream. In some very complex sense, these things work in favor of the downward spiral too, by allowing the malign forces to adapt to the remnants of counteractive mechanisms.

That’s not unusual. Societies and civilizations die, get destroyed, implode, fizzle out.
Get corrupted or evolve to become empires or totalitarian dictatorships. All these mirrors physiological proceedings and phenomena. Because they are subject to the very same laws of nature. It’s identical.

Apoptosis and renewal? This is the best case, the functional, healthy/homeostatic case.

Senescence maybe?
Slow, hardly efficient societies with meagre progress and growth, but somehow kept alive by a sturdy, set hierarchy that in some way is benign, to prevent more destructive and deleterious developments.

In the end, senescence too leads to end, but way differently to what where we are.
(And senescence can become malign too - Dean describes just that. Old noble elites conspiring and cooperating with emerging powers, way more forceful and energetic. The merchants and bankers. That‘s only in senescent cancers observed. They can somehow epigeneticaly rewrite themselves when they are forced into senescent by medication/intervention. Maybe failed revolutions are a similar mechanism, I’m not quite clear here, but I will be)

Look at us. Look at China. There is growth. Efficiency. High energy. Everything gets more vivid, bright, colorful - Look at the Chinese and South East Asia Metropoles from design boards. They shine lights all night.

It’s estrogen for sure. The medieval and paternal cultures with their rigidness and lack of opulence were androgenic/senescent.

This is not.

Estrogen is what causes growth. What creates beauty. To procreate? You’ll need estrogen, we actually evolved procreation because of estrogen. It is responsible for everything young and beautiful - and also for cancer and gravest autodestruction. Other factors ultimately decide that.
We are in Estrogens realm now. It’s ruthless force and power striving to a certain point down the line. There awaits and works diligently in the background, in the shadows -coldly, ruthlessly, following rules we don’t understand - entropy.

The elites brought us on a part to an unprecedented Cancer. I can’t predict how this will turn out. They feast and profit from the path and mechanisms leading that way. But they too are eventually subject to entropy. They too are subject to the rules of nature. What makes them forceful and powerful - and what they vice versa reinforce and push along - will be their end too. Someday. Some way. Unprecedented in human history. Unpredictable in its phenomenas.

A World in order. A ruling class set and secure in ultimate totalitarian control and order.
Technology and AI able to calculate and anticipate even the most complex of algorithms and complexities.

Their minds, supplanted by cyborg AI themselves, their bodies, virtually undieable thanks to biotechnology.

Limitless energy by renewables and cold fusion - via that: nearly endless Ressources of all sorts.

Shaping the emvironment to beautiful paradises, resurrecting or even creating long extinct or novel organisms and animals.

New, unfathomable ways of experiencing pleasure. Drugs and interventions that create pure bliss without downsides for any length of time they wish.

Is that not beauty?

Can the chain of events and causes be broken beforehand - „intrinsically“, by the downtrodden? Can that suffice? To where would that deflect the path? Back to Apoptosis?
Well, the scope and sort of Apoptosis needed is frightening in itself, isn’t it? And is there enough „stem cell“ to go back to homeostasis? World war 2 wasn’t enough to stop the estrogen-track we are on. It seemed so, for a time. But eventually and in truth, it made things more malign. The Estrogen-inflammatory elites more aware, more adaptable, more powerful.

To be continued

Thanks. I hoped you would like it. I have more of that, slowly but surely I will unravel more analogies of human physiology and human civilization. I have already found very precise, detailed similarities. I think you will be astonished - and confirmed. Much of what you know and feel is true. It’s subject to rules. You can feel and observe the phenomenons. We will prove the mechanisms.

Did it feel plausible and cohesive when you read it? At least mostly. It has to, otherwise it isn’t correct. Not all will be correct, but errors will help figure everything out.

A bit of caution though:

And everything it needs to prove and convince people is already out in the open, discovered sufficiently to convince and prove.

But „they“ know that. That’s why they don’t hide it anymore. They just double down. Beliefs is all it takes. Narratives and beliefs.
They don’t need to hide anymore. They just create narratives and beliefs to follow, and everything else get pictures as conspiracy and lunacy. On and on and on.

The latter is not the difficult part. People can see through that too eventually.

The difficult part is the narrative and myth stuff. Humans need and want beliefs. It’s a basic need and drive to belief and be „right“ have moral superiority. It is as strong a need, motive and drive as sexuality. This is difficult to overcome with reason or explanations. People don’t have the time, the intellect of the urge for reason and explainations.
They do have the urge to know better than you and be morally superior. They will crush you for it.

But yes, it all comes down to quantity. There is likely a critical mass. And there are plenty of decent people who have it in them to pierce the veil.
Have had similar thought the other day.

There absolutely are universal laws that governs everything in this universe, as esoteric as this might sound. Once you figure these out, you have basically figured out everything. You have the knowledge about every aspect of our lives, and understanding of every activity you might want to pursue.

Loved this post!

There are certainly a few individuals out there.

But I will not link them because if you're the type of person that would benefit from their work/writings, you will eventually find them when the time is right.

Just like you did with Ray.

Peatful

Last edited:

PxD

Senescence maybe?

This is not.

Is that not beauty?

To be continued

A bit of caution though:

In line with the human body:society:economic system analogy, I’d suggest Gail Tverberg from the Our Finite World blog. I wouldn’t say she’s the original thinker here since she pulls together a lot of ideas from others who came before her, but the blog is an excellent introduction to understanding how energy systems feed societies and how they start, evolve, and die. It’s a big picture view of society.

Mauritio

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Didn't hans selye say : "the universe has no laws, only habits." ?
Habits can be overrided, changed, modified, you can make exceptions to your habits.

Laws (in this sense) are fixed, permanent and valid without any exceptions.

If we feel like there are exceptions to the "universal rule", we probably don't understand the rule correctly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals