We had 23 sunny days in past 2 years

BearWithMe

Just have checked my dminder log. I have sunbathed for 23 days total in past 2 years, and I made sure I'm sunbathing on every sunny day.

Even when it was sunny, the sun was almost always behind thin layer of clouds (the kind that makes shadows softer and the sun is generally not as powerful).

Before 2019, I was sunbathing pretty much every day in summer, and the sky was usually clear.

I'm in central Europe. Do you have sunny days in your location recently?

Vileplume

I live in California, USA, in the Sierra Nevada Mountain foothills. We have sunny days about 75% of the year. Probably 270 or so per year, maybe even more.

Do you feel inclined to move to a new location?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I live in California, USA, in the Sierra Nevada Mountain foothills. We have sunny days about 75% of the year. Probably 260 or so per year.

Do you feel inclined to move to a new location?
Wow, that sounds awesome.

Yes, I am. That's part of the reason I'm asking this question.

But I'm also curious how is that possible. A place that was so sunny for decades is suddenly so cloudy. How the local climate can change so drastically and rapidly?

Vileplume

But I'm also curious how is that possible. A place that was so sunny for decades is suddenly so cloudy. How the local climate can change so drastically and rapidly?
Yeah, no location in the world can escape these large, sudden changes. In my area it’s become exceptionally dry in the last 10 years or so. 1/5th the rainfall we used to get, so fires have become a huge problem.

The ramping up of certain human activities, done in an unsustainable way, seems like the only explanation. I’m no expert on that, though.

dukesbobby777

Where are you? We’ve had way more sunny days than that in the UK.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Yeah, no location in the world can escape these large, sudden changes. In my area it’s become exceptionally dry in the last 10 years or so. 1/5th the rainfall we used to get, so fires have become a huge problem.

The ramping up of certain human activities, done in an unsustainable way, seems like the only explanation. I’m no expert on that, though.
The thing is... My area is exceptionally dry too. Rain is very rare. It is just permanently cloudy.

A few years back, we had more sunny days, but also more rain.

Last edited:

Peater

It's not CO2. The suspicious observers YouTube channel has excellent info on solar cycles, the waning magnetic field affecting the jetstreams, wandering magnetic poles, space weather affecting the planet etc.

Vileplume

It's not CO2. The suspicious observers YouTube channel has excellent info on solar cycles, the waning magnetic field affecting the jetstreams, wandering magnetic poles, space weather affecting the planet etc.
Interesting. I’ll check it out. That would imply that this is some sort of natural trend in the universe’s patterns. In this case, I just wouldn’t expect the changes to take place so suddenly. I would imagine any universal trends to settle in over a looooong time, like tens of thousands of years at least.

Peater

Interesting. I’ll check it out. That would imply that this is some sort of natural trend in the universe’s patterns. In this case, I just wouldn’t expect the changes to take place so suddenly. I would imagine any universal trends to settle in over a looooong time, like tens of thousands of years at least.

We're coming to the end of a cycle, and a 'cycle of cycles'. Things tend to speed up and get more chaotic the closer you get to an inflection point. :)

As true in the financial markets as for nature!

Explorer

Here in Latvia recently we had very strong snow and rainfall thunder cloud coldness combination during spring but now today it seems like the pre-summer period has ended and the sky is clearing and tommorow there is 20 celsius temperature promised

Usually it's mid-late May till September when the sunlight is good here in the baltic-north area and then rest of the year is dark and cold

ursidae

I get plenty of sunny days now, and having lived in Scotland previously, I am very grateful that I do. Positive impact on mood

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals