We are sometimes winning now — the Covid tyranny optimism thread

OP
ecstatichamster

A big win for medical privacy and the principles of freedom. Ford, General Motors and Stellantis have agreed the United Auto Workers union members will not be forced to take the mandatory vaccine as a condition of employment. [UAW Announcement] Additionally, the vaccine status of the workers will remain private with a policy of private and voluntary disclosure.

OP
ecstatichamster
A huge deal. Huge.

Everybody had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated," Polis told Colorado Public Radio on Friday. "Hopefully it's been at your pharmacy, your grocery store, a bus near you, [or at] big events. At this point, if you haven't been vaccinated, it's really your own darn fault."

Those who get sick, it's almost entirely their own darn fault," he continued. "I don't want to say that nobody [will get the virus if they’re] vaccinated, but it's very rare. Just to put it in perspective, of the about 1400 people hospitalized, less than 200 (or 16 percent) are vaccinated. And many of them are older or have other conditions. Eighty-four percent of the people in our hospitals are unvaccinated, and they absolutely had every chance to get vaccinated."

"And at this point, I think it's almost like they made a deliberate decision not to get vaccinated," he added. "I still encourage everybody who hasn't been vaccinated to get protected. And for those who are, make sure to get that booster after six months. The data shows it's important and very likely even more so with this omicron variant."

Polis said he supported local jurisdictions instituting their own mandates according to their individual needs, but that the state should stay out of it.

Colorado Governor Jared Polis at a press conference the morning after a gunman opened fire at a King Sooper's grocery store on March 23, 2021 in Boulder, Colorado. Ten people were killed in the attack.

"The emergency is over," he said. "You know, public health [officials] don’t get to tell people what to wear; that's just not their job. Public health [officials] would say to always wear a mask because it decreases flu and decreases [other airborne illnesses]. But that's not something that you require; you don't tell people what to wear. You don't tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it's their own darn fault.

"If you haven't been vaccinated, that's your choice. I respect that. But it's your fault when you're in the hospital with COVID," he added.

L

Lord Cola

The emergency is the disgusting individuals in positions of power in seemingly every government agency / branch and powerful organization who saw that they can completely disregard any concept of human rights with a fake pandemic. These people are trivializing their role in promoting the crisis.

Another bull**** health crisis will happen again unless these people are removed from positions of power, and that's just a small part of what must be done so another health terror doesn't happen.

-Luke-

Orome

Forum Supporter
I like this one:
You don't tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it's their own darn fault.
True. :):

The idea of a "nanny state" is simply not for everyone.

FitnessMike

David PS

Doc Sandoz

Some sane reading. Surprisingly, the Atlantic.
@Doc Sandoz
Reminds me of here. So strange, I read all this news about the madness in other places, and yet here - aside from a few masked types now and again - it is like nothing ever happened. The "old normal" Schwab says we're never going back to lives on.

Back
Top Bottom