"We Are All Different" BS Rationale

thomas00

So all those scientific experiments on animals and humans showing radically different health outcomes based on what they are fed have now been invalidated...

JohnHafterson

Check out the book Biochemical Individuality by Roger Williams PhD.

Good read, Peat mentions him in some of his articles.

From the Article: Gelatin, Stress, and Longevity:

"One of the brightest of the genetically oriented nutritionists, Roger Williams, used the idea of genetic individuality to explain that the popular idea of a species-wide standard diet couldn't be applied to exceptional individuals, and that disease was often the result of the mismatch between special nutritional requirements and a “standard” diet. Linus Pauling's concept of orthomolecular medicine was a restatement of Williams' principle for the general scientific community"

ExD

Different phenotypes of human have existed for thousands and thousands of years.

I'm 6 foot 4 and weigh around 80-kg. I'm 33 years old and I've had those stats since I was 16. I don't put on weight. I have around 6-7% body fat and good muscle definition. People have told me my whole life "when you hit 20 you'll balloon, when you hit 25, you'll explode, when you hit 30, you'll be a whale. When you hit 40..." because they assume everyone struggles with weight because they are human, which is a fallacy

I can eat an excess of 10000 calories a day, loaded with gluten, pufa or whatever else and I won't put on weight, but if I eat under 3000 calories I start getting sick and suffer from hair loss and cold extremities because my metabolism is extremely fast and I am not good at storing good fat, unlike most other people.

Also, comparing animal species to human beings is equally fallacious. Human beings are not only aware of their mortality, but have the capacity to reflect on it and attempt to circumvent it by experimenting with food and environment. And even despite this, one can extrapolate that within species themselves, there can be stark contrasts - the most obvious one that springs to mind are bears vs pandas. Both are considered carnivora ursidae yet one is almost entirely vegetarian and lives a sedentary, peaceful life, whereas the other...

Ableton

Different phenotypes of human have existed for thousands and thousands of years.

I'm 6 foot 4 and weigh around 80-kg. I'm 33 years old and I've had those stats since I was 16. I don't put on weight. I have around 6-7% body fat and good muscle definition. People have told me my whole life "when you hit 20 you'll balloon, when you hit 25, you'll explode, when you hit 30, you'll be a whale. When you hit 40..." because they assume everyone struggles with weight because they are human, which is a fallacy

I can eat an excess of 10000 calories a day, loaded with gluten, pufa or whatever else and I won't put on weight, but if I eat under 3000 calories I start getting sick and suffer from hair loss and cold extremities because my metabolism is extremely fast and I am not good at storing good fat, unlike most other people.

Also, comparing animal species to human beings is equally fallacious. Human beings are not only aware of their mortality, but have the capacity to reflect on it and attempt to circumvent it by experimenting with food and environment. And even despite this, one can extrapolate that within species themselves, there can be stark contrasts - the most obvious one that springs to mind are bears vs pandas. Both are considered carnivora ursidae yet one is almost entirely vegetarian and lives a sedentary, peaceful life, whereas the other...

i agree with your observation, and I think phenotypes are a result of a combination of genes and environment (especially in development years, where they more often than not manifest themselves for the rest of the individuals life).
I doubt you would have this phenotype if not for an active lifestyle as a kid and teenager.
Now keeping in mind the aspect of environment: it has changed drastically over the last 10000 years, and so have phenotypes and their variance. I am not sure phenotypes are as old as the human race, bc hunter gatherers essentially all lived the same lifestyles. Sure, there were differences in climate, but there is also phenotypes among animals for this and other reason. I am mainly talking about hormonal phenotypes here.
There were no sedentary lifestyles and industrial food basically.
Phenotypes then change and are probably carried on through genetic properties again, but ofc can be influenced through a certain degree in childhood/teens.
When our modern lifestyle exist for a couple more generations it will probably be saddening to see the results. I suspect it will become increasingly difficult to overcome genes through optimizing environment, which in itself is a monumental task nowadays

so yes, we are all different because we created different environments, not bc we are incrementally (a lot) different imo

Last edited:
Dr. Peat’s model of the organism is that as time goes by, it adapts and changes according to the environment and thoughts and experiences.

If that is true, and I think it is, then it makes sense that we may need different types of diet in different phases of our lives.

OP
T

TheBeard

Bears and Pandas are not the same genus nor species (Ursus vs Ailuropoda).
Hence their different diets and ways of living.
All humans pertain to the same species.
So that makes the comparaison false.

Saying that humans have consciousness and awareness doesn't make the fact that we have "different needs" any less bs.

You are actually proving my point: we are constructing these "different needs" with our beliefs and imagination, and getting further and further away from our true natural needs because of these mental constructions.

Your reacting differently to a modern processed diet than others isn't a surprise: the variety of processed foods is such that you might be ingesting totally different chemicals from others, which will different trigger different hormone cascades and make your metabolism higher.

I'm sure if the 7 billion people on earth knew what their natural physiological diet was, we would all look the same.

There is no obese lions, flamingos, pigeons in the wild.

ExD

Bears and Pandas are not the same genus nor species (Ursus vs Ailuropoda).
Hence their different diets and ways of living.
All humans pertain to the same species.
So that makes the comparaison false.

Hmm. Well, I'm not an expert but feel free to explain why this isn't the case.

"For many decades, the precise taxonomic classification of the giant panda was under debate because it shares characteristics with both bears and raccoons. However, molecular studies indicate the giant panda is a true bear, part of the family Ursidae.

Only one species—Ailuropoda melanoleuca—currently exists; the other three species are prehistoric chronospecies. Despite its taxonomic classification as a carnivoran, the giant panda has a diet that is primarily herbivorous, which consists almost exclusively of bamboo."

Saying that humans have consciousness and awareness doesn't make the fact that we have "different needs" any less bs.

Why not?

You are actually proving my point: we are constructing these "different needs" with our beliefs and imagination, and getting further and further away from our true natural needs because of these mental constructions.

What "true natural needs"?

Also, you specifically asked people to offer you "mental constructions" or philosophical arguments against your own belief system, so I don't know how I'm "proving your point" by actually thinking it through...

Your reacting differently to a modern processed diet than others isn't a surprise: the variety of processed foods is such that you might be ingesting totally different chemicals from others, which will different trigger different hormone cascades and make your metabolism higher.

I grew up on grassfed beef, irish potatoes and milk for the most part and while I can eat processed foods, they will not make me fat, so while you may try and explain this away as some modern fad or hormonal pigeonhole, I'm going to look at hisory and realize that people with my metabolism were well known and understood thousands of years ago and that there were/are diets specifically designed to compliment them - of which i subscribe to and thrive on in the modern day

I'm sure if the 7 billion people on earth knew what their natural physiological diet was, we would all look the same.

I don't know why you are sure or why you think this but I do understand that repeating something over and over again despite having no rationale behind it, is generally how brain washing works.

There is no obese lions, flamingos, pigeons in the wild.

I don't know what point this is meant to make :<

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals