We All Scream For No Cream Ice Cream - In Minutes! (with photos)

yerrag

No need to heat up. Just eat as is. Or mix with chili paste and lemon juice to a taste that suits you

yerrag

Sound like another foodie adventure!
I don't know if the fu goes well with soup, as it will become soggy, but with rice porridge, it's a good accompaniment.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don't know if the fu goes well with soup, as it will become soggy, but with rice porridge, it's a good accompaniment.

I found this little write up on ways to use it!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just tried it and it is like very delicate sweet jerky. The sauce you recommended is good with it too reminiscent of hoisin. It both would be good in Chinese steamed buns (Gua Bao). Neither is "Peaty", but both make great emergency food, being shelf stable, and have so many ways to use them both!

yerrag

I just tried it and it is like very delicate sweet jerky. The sauce you recommended is good with it too reminiscent of hoisin. It both would be good in Chinese steamed buns (Gua Bao). Neither is "Peaty", but both make great emergency food, being shelf stable, and have so many ways to use them both!
Hoisin is often what makes the taste and color of the meat filling is the steamed buns that are reddish in the inside. I don't know if hoisin and the chilli paste have similarities, but I'd enjoy a bun filled with the pork floss with chilli paste and lemon inside.

Here's something I like that's hot for some foods where Tabasco doesn't seem to fit in :

Amazon product ASIN B00MBVH63UView: https://smile.amazon.com/Linghams-Sauce-Original-12-6-Ounce/dp/B00MBVH63U/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=lingham+chili+sauce&qid=1628117993&sr=8-3

It's a better version of Thati sweet chilli sauce that seems to blend in with foods better than the Thai chilli sauce.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hoisin is often what makes the taste and color of the meat filling is the steamed buns that are reddish in the inside. I don't know if hoisin and the chilli paste have similarities, but I'd enjoy a bun filled with the pork floss with chilli paste and lemon inside.

Here's something I like that's hot for some foods where Tabasco doesn't seem to fit in :

Amazon product ASIN B00MBVH63UView: https://smile.amazon.com/Linghams-Sauce-Original-12-6-Ounce/dp/B00MBVH63U/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=lingham+chili+sauce&qid=1628117993&sr=8-3

It's a better version of Thati sweet chilli sauce that seems to blend in with foods better than the Thai chilli sauce.

Your chili paste isn't as dark as hoisin, and it is a bit spicier, but paired with the pork Fu it reminds me of it.

I like the simple ingredients in your hot sauce, just 4! I am gonna try it! I so love a good hot sauce. Not too crazy about the vinegar dominant ones though like the original Tabasco. My favorite though is Tabasco Habanero, really hot with a hint of smokey sweetness. I dump tons of it on my creamy Oyster Chowder!

yerrag

Your chili paste isn't as dark as hoisin, and it is a bit spicier, but paired with the pork Fu it reminds me of it.

I like the simple ingredients in your hot sauce, just 4! I am gonna try it! I so love a good hot sauce. Not too crazy about the vinegar dominant ones though like the original Tabasco. My favorite though is Tabasco Habanero, really hot with a hint of smokey sweetness. I dump tons of it on my creamy Oyster Chowder!
That reminds me to get some hoisin. And also spend more time in the kitchen. The downside with having good sugar metabolism is you have to live to eat.

Funny you have developed well enough to inspect the ingredients. I forgot about how simple it's made. I have 2 bottles of its extra hot version and I don't know if it'll expire. It's just too hot for me.

The Habanero Tabasco is awesome. But their Sriracha sauce is a letdown. Real good Sriracha is hard to find locally. I had to settle for inferior kinds. Some have cornstarch extenders, and those are the worst offenders.

Oyster chowder! I can't forget when I went to Portland Maine and their chowder was great, but the baked potato that came with it was insane. How did they make the inside skin char but the outer was untouched? But the burnt flavor was incomparable. I thought it was Maine style, but the rest of the trip through Maine I couldn't fine another dish like that.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yeah charring the inside of a baked potato, but not the outside is a curiosity! My household likes this Sriracha better that the original chemical laden one!

Attachments

• 20210804_175301.jpg
    20210804_175301.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210804_175312.jpg
    20210804_175312.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 10

yerrag

Yeah charring the inside of a baked potato, but not the outside is a curiosity! My household likes this Sriracha better that the original chemical laden one!
Dates and tangerine. That isn't tame. It has Moroccan blood mixed in. Occult lol!

yerrag

I doubt I can find that here, though I can imagine how the tangerine and the dates would blend in. Does it make the taste more mellow?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I doubt I can find that here, though I can imagine how the tangerine and the dates would blend in. Does it make the taste more mellow?
No just a little fruity sweeter and natural tasting than Sriracha.

yerrag

No just a little fruity sweeter and natural tasting than Sriracha.
I haven't had it organic. Maybe if I went looking at higher end supermarkets, I could find it.

This is the one I like but can't find here (I consider it the original, but I could be wrong as I'm imprinted with its taste the first time I had Sriracha in a thai resto back when):

Amazon product ASIN B00886I9HEView: https://smile.amazon.com/Shark-Brand-Sriracha-Medium-Bottle/dp/B00886I9HE/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=sriracha&qid=1628130114&sr=8-21

In small type: I like it slathered on the thick noodle dish called Pud See Ew.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I haven't had it organic. Maybe if I went looking at higher end supermarkets, I could find it.

This is the one I like but can't find here (I consider it the original, but I could be wrong as I'm imprinted with its taste the first time I had Sriracha in a thai resto back when):

Amazon product ASIN B00886I9HEView: https://smile.amazon.com/Shark-Brand-Sriracha-Medium-Bottle/dp/B00886I9HE/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=sriracha&qid=1628130114&sr=8-21

In small type: I like it slathered on the thick noodle dish called Pud See Ew.
That's a good clean one! I will have to give that one a try too!

yerrag

That's a good clean one! I will have to give that one a try too!
A one-star review says it has preservatives, but I don't think it's that bad. It's not organic though, but with sauces, it's already hard not to find those without PUFAs.

I'd like to make my own sauces, but I also like working out. When I have more than 24 hours a day lol

OP
Rinse & rePeat
A one-star review says it has preservatives, but I don't think it's that bad. It's not organic though, but with sauces, it's already hard not to find those without PUFAs.

I'd like to make my own sauces, but I also like working out. When I have more than 24 hours a day lol

How sneaky was Amazon! They advertised it with this as the ingredoents!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-200645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-200645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 8

yerrag

How sneaky was Amazon! They advertised it with this as the ingredoents!
I like sellers that answer questions, and don't hide behind the answers of users who don't know anything or work for the seller. Amazon has become more and more customer-unfriendly now that they have cornered the market. I now prefer buying from elsewhere as Amazon is no longer tries hard to be customer-first.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals