Ways To Lower/Inhibit IGF-1?

Adrenaline

Seems like there are lot of IGF-1 promoters but not inhibitors.

As you know IGF-1 has lot of deleterious effects. Cancer, cardiovascular diseases, organ damage hair loss, acne..

So how to lower IGF-1? I searched PubMed and I will start with Nifedipine (Calcium Channel Blocker)

Markus

Fasting, protein restriction and avoiding high-glycemic carbohydrates that lead to hyperinsulinemia.

Inaut

I believe Peat has said it is a growth promoter and that it can be a good and a bad thing. I'm paraphrasing (poor job I know) but I heard it on an interview the other day.

Hans

Forum Supporter
If you search PubMed a little, you will see that it has harmful effects. Peat also against those growth hormones - factors.
It's a dysregulation of IGF-1 handling that's the issue, and things like hyperinsulinemia and estrogen, both of which promote IGF-1.

baccheion

It's a dysregulation of IGF-1 handling that's the issue, and things like hyperinsulinemia and estrogen, both of which promote IGF-1.
So IGF-1 near the middle or top of the range isn't necessarily problematic?

Hans

Forum Supporter
So IGF-1 near the middle or top of the range isn't necessarily problematic?
I don't think so. The median serum IGF-I level is 374.1 ng/ml at the age of 18. Given that we continue to grow and mature up to 40, I don't think we should try to lower it. But because growth isn't as rapid anymore after puberty, unless we try to build muscle, it doesn't have to be sky high.
But all natural things that increase IGF-1, like vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, DHEA, zinc, etc., shouldn't be limited to minimize IGF-1, because then deficiencies might occur. Plus, all those natural stuff that increase IGF-1 are highly beneficial for us.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals