Ways To Inhibit 5AR In The Brain

MarcR

Hey guys, i want to inhibit 5AR in the brain.

Finasteride/duta seems too risky, i saw copper ions can potently inhibit 5AR type 1.

So i thought of taking GHK-Cu + Zinc Picolinate 60mg + 40mg B6

Zinc is a potent 5AR inhibitor, the picolinate version should pass the BBB best. B6 was shown to improve zinc absorption rate.

Are there other things i could try? With this i want to lower conversion from Progesterone to 5a dhp and allopregnanolone.

Maybe reishi or saw palmetto?

GelatinGoblin

I don't see a reason to inhibiting it, it does not seem like a bad thing. Do you just want to increase Progesterone?

OP
M

MarcR

I think i have high 5a DHP and Allopregnanolone (i have pssd)

GelatinGoblin

Interesting. Aren't the health implications do to SSRIs (in this case SD) appear because of systemic health damage (cascade of events)? Wouldn't increasing systemic health resolve the issue?

OP
M

MarcR

Interesting. Aren't the health implications do to SSRIs (in this case SD) appear because of systemic health damage (cascade of events)? Wouldn't increasing systemic health resolve the issue?

Yes, i think theres partly mitochondrial damage. But i tried to improve my health as much as possible in the last 2 years with diet and exercise, 50 different supplements etc.

I think the first part that needs to be solved is the high allopregnanolone so gaba gets lowered and the neurons can get excited again

My symptoms are similiar to pfs

GelatinGoblin

Yes, i think theres partly mitochondrial damage. But i tried to improve my health as much as possible in the last 2 years with diet and exercise, 50 different supplements etc.

I think the first part that needs to be solved is the high allopregnanolone so gaba gets lowered and the neurons can get excited again

My symptoms are similiar to pfs

How much of it was Peaty is the question... And exercise is a drawback until you improve your health, if you still do it switch it out for walking. Also supplements may at times be Estrogenic, and generally not Peaty, again.
This is in the same tune as the rest of the dogmas nowadays, which lead to anything but improved health.

Are you doing a Peaty diet and lifestyle?

GelatinGoblin

The first part is good Thyroid function to begin with, then comes Testosterone, Neurosteroidogenesis and healing

OP
M

MarcR

How much of it was Peaty is the question... And exercise is a drawback until you improve your health, if you still do it switch it out for walking. Also supplements may at times be Estrogenic, and generally not Peaty, again.
This is in the same tune as the rest of the dogmas nowadays, which lead to anything but improved health.

Are you doing a Peaty diet and lifestyle?

Thanks, yes I even cant really gain muscle in this state. Overdoing gym is useless or even detrimental.

I did keto for a while. Now mostly eating as healthy as possible with self cooked meals

OP
M

MarcR

The first part is good Thyroid function to begin with, then comes Testosterone, Neurosteroidogenesis and healing

Problem is in pssd there might be too much Allopregnanolone. This alone could inhibit alot of healing

GelatinGoblin

Nothing can stop the benefit of Red Light, try it. Eat carbs in sugar form for now. If you can tolerate, then maybe Starch, but sugar is the most preferable.

GelatinGoblin

Thanks, yes I even cant really gain muscle in this state. Overdoing gym is useless or even detrimental.

I did keto for a while. Now mostly eating as healthy as possible with self cooked meals

It took me a bit to realise that it is detrimental to my health as well, and I have never felt better, while still keeping my muscle mass; and sometimes achieving greater strength then my days at the gym; both mental and physical.

What is your diet like?

OP
M

MarcR

It took me a bit to realise that it is detrimental to my health as well, and I have never felt better, while still keeping my muscle mass; and sometimes achieving greater strength then my days at the gym; both mental and physical.

What is your diet like?

Honestly my diet right now is abit out of hand since ive been research reading all day and night. Normally i try to eat low carbs and alot of meats with vegetables

Mito

I think i have high 5a DHP and Allopregnanolone (i have pssd)

“I can't officially release products to treat named conditions. I can only say that things like cyproheptadine (and other serotonin antagonists), bupropion, dopamine agonists, TRT, etc have all been successfully used for PSSD. See study below for more detailed information. The pathology most likely involved downregulated serotonin receptors, low SERT expression, and as such low dopamine. The chemicals mention above or below in the study all works on one or more of these pathways. IMO, dopamine reuptake inhibitors would probably be the most successful route which may explain why bupropion seems to work so well.”
Error - Cookies Turned Off
Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

GelatinGoblin

Honestly my diet right now is abit out of hand since ive been research reading all day and night. Normally i try to eat low carbs and alot of meats with vegetables
Stop researching, please. Stop all supplements except B Vitamins, completely.

Low carb and alot of meat with vegetables is very much non Peat.
Eat more carbohydrates, preferably sugar (Sucrose, Lactose, Fructose, Glucose), otherwise Starch (Safest --> White Rice , Buckwheat, Red Potatoes with the skin, Wheat --> Least safest).
Sleep at consistent times.
Take slow walks after a decent sized meal.
Switch out the meat for Eggs, Milk, Gelatin.
Make Gelatin soup via Turkey Necks (very very cheap) , some veggies, a carrot, just a soup. Make it for 3-4 hours, Turkey Necks need little time, even 2,5 hours will probably do. Otherwise make the soup out of Oxtail (Cows Tail muscle) ( a bit more expensive ), make it for 6-8 hours (In the end, if you place the soup in a fridge and let it drop temps it should turn to straight jelly, search up Russian Holodets. Although I recommend just heating it up again and eating it as a hot soup).
Drop the vegetables if they are not well cooked (boiled for 20 min). Search on Google "Ray Peat magnesium YouTube" and watch some of the vids (they are bits form podcasts) some will have info such as boiling a pound of good leafy green vegetables ( well washed; Kale, Spinach, Chard ) and keeping the water, the water would be a good source of Magnesium (could add the water into the soup you'll eat), and perhaps eat the vegetables that were boiled and eat them every other day. Otherwise, stop eating as many vegetables. If you are gonna eat regular meat, opt for ground beef from the butcher (not burgers but ground beef). Otherwise you can add some Gelatinus hard parts with lots of connective tissue (Shoulder,back and front Calf muscles) to your Gelatinus soup. In a few months start eating Liver. Beef Heart is also very cheap.
Limit Turkey and Chicken (aside from Turkey Necks for the soup) for once every 2 weeks. Otherwise as I said, Beef Liver and Ground Beef or bison are better and cheaper options. If you have some more buck, go for some beef cuts for the oven, or some steaks (Flat Iron, T-Bone; those are not TOO expensive steaks. Eat the fat on the side with the steak).
Use butter and sea salt liberally or as much as you feel is right. Washed carrot with non hydrogenated, virgin, cold pressed, without the shell coconut oil daily for reducing gut Endotoxin and sterilising the digestive tract. Limit fatty fish and Omega 3 (and any other PUFA) to non, or as little as possible. Avoid vegetable cooking oils aside from Coconut Oil
Orange Juice, Ripe Fruits, warm milk with honey (add the honey at the end to your cup), Cane Sugar (white sugar) with those juices or water if undergoing stress. Avoid too much water. Avoid darkness. As I said, a consistent sleep schedule with consistent waking and bed times.
B-Vits only after a meal. Get early sun exposure (6:30-9 AM) for proper Dopaminergic Cycling. Avoid starving yourself. Relax sometimes. Avoid reading too much. Good posture.
You sound slightly Orthorexic, so again, stop all supplements. Stop reading on supplements.
If you still want to read something read Ray's articles on RayPeat.com . If you have any questions on what I wrote/any type of terminology or words you don't quite ask understand go to Google and type "Ray Peat Forums [word]" and you should get some threads on it. Otherwise perhaps a Google search (without the RPF before the thing you're looking for) for simple stuff.

Good luck, and I believe you can figure this out. If you have any questions ask me or the forum, and once again I advise you to read Raymond Peat's articles.

success23

The anti inflammatory drug indomethacin inhibits 3a hsd and lowers allo.
Maybe with it you can lower allo and keep your dht.

GutFeeling

I second mito. Dopamine agonists/HT2 antagonists have proven efficacy and safety. Catuaba and marapuama are awesome at increasing libido.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom