ways to increase CYP11A activity other than K2MK4? Cholesterol→Pregnenolone

ddjd

i've noticed that K2 MK4 absolutely does work for me in terms of increasing androgens and lowering cholesterol through the CYP11A enzyme (flatter stomach, more strength, more resilient, more energy etc.)

are there any other substances that can increase activity of CYP11A?

I have read that sufficient potassium is also important for CYP11A activity

Ihor

Not about CYP11A directly, but I read somewhere that the conversion of pregnenolone as a substrate for hormones that downstream occurs in the mitochondria and requires a sufficient production of ATP, therefore, it requires well thyroid work and those components that are not enough for this, or the elimination of what blocks it. This is probably why Ray advises taking pregnenolone with a thyroid supplement.

GelatinGoblin

Not about CYP11A directly, but I read somewhere that the conversion of pregnenolone as a substrate for hormones that downstream occurs in the mitochondria and requires a sufficient production of ATP, therefore, it requires well thyroid work and those components that are not enough for this, or the elimination of what blocks it. This is probably why Ray advises taking pregnenolone with a thyroid supplement.
Thank you!
I forgot that he often says Thyroid function is needed for these conversions and production.

Ihor

Thank you!
I forgot that he often says Thyroid function is needed for these conversions and production.
I wonder if Pregenolone can be better choice for those who are already healthier, and for those who are relatively more depleted, then it is better to take Progesterone and DHEA, which are further along the course of steroidogenesis, like for insurance, when the enzymes for converting these two from Pregnenolone are inactive/blocked when metabolism are poore, because it is not always easy to correct the thyroid or depleted adrenal glands (in which, as I know, the conversion of DHEA from Preg occurs) in practice, it can take months or years.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Ihor @GelatinGoblin @Lokzo i just saw on @Hans' website that "There are multiple animal studies showing that vitamin K (only MK-4) boosts testosterone production by increasing StAR, which is the rate-limited step in transporting cholesterol into the mitochondria for conversion to pregnenolone."

so maybe its moerso this mechanism that is effective rather than increasing CYP11A activity (the enzyme that converts cholesterol into pregnenolone).

any other supplements that increase StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) i wonder?? would be good to test

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

forgot to add this line "The MK-4 increases protein kinase A (PKA) signalling, which stimulates the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) to transport cholesterol from the outer to the inner mitochondria."

Aries

@ddjd Have you tried boron? K2MK4 and boron made me feel ”high T” more so than any other hormonal supplement/medication I have tried. Better than pregnenolone, DHEA, tribulus, testosterone injections or drostanolone injections. They both only worked for a week or two though but I think they increased the whole hormonal cascade filling something important for me that is not one of the usual suspects.

Thyroid and HCG increase steroid synthesis from cholesterol but I don't know if more efficient StAR can be achieved by HCG than with average levels of LH.

EDIT. FWIW, I don't know if boron increases StAR. It just feels similar to K2 anecdotally.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

@ddjd Have you tried boron? K2MK4 and boron made me feel ”high T” more so than any other hormonal supplement/medication I have tried. Better than pregnenolone, DHEA, tribulus, testosterone injections or drostanolone injections. They both only worked for a week or two though but I think they increased the whole hormonal cascade filling something important for me that is not one of the usual suspects.

Thyroid and HCG increase steroid synthesis from cholesterol but I don't know if more efficient StAR can be achieved by HCG than with average levels of LH.

EDIT. FWIW, I don't know if boron increases StAR. It just feels similar to K2 anecdotally.
late reply but thanks for this Aries. i will try the boron with k2 mk4

im 100% sure now that its the StAR boosting effect of the k2mk4 thats helping boost my testosterone. taking the k2 mk4 alongisde magnesium and vitamin A retinol palmitate is really helping it seems.

@Hans has got some good articles about boosting StAR

apparantly Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) can also do it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals