Watermelon

BobbyDukes

Has anyone got any ideas on what to do about the annoying inconvenience of seeds in the watermelon? Any techniques/tips that they care to share? Watermelon is delicious, for me. It's highly nutritious and has a decent amount of calories. I much prefer it to OJ. But the pips, man. They are literally the most irritating thing ever.

I've always wondered whether swallowing them whole might not have any detremintal effect? Isn't that the idea? So they come out your other end, and then therefore they spread around and have a chance to grow again? On the cronometer, the seeds are said to be fairly toxic. High in zinc (apparantly) but super high in PUFA, which is obviously something I don't want to be chewing down on, and sucking up. But, I wonder if your body breaks them down if you swallow them whole?

At the moment, all of the pips will go into my mouth. I'll suck the juice (like a sivv) and spit out the pips with the 'melon mush' (yeah baby) into a lucky cup, nearby. Outsiders stop and stare, but I'm winning. Mwhahahaha.

I've tried buying 'de-seeded' melon sold in packets, but the flavour is so lacking and they are so expensive. I can buy a 1kg watermelon for £3, or I can buy a flavourless 400g 'melon medley' for £2.50. There isn't any comparison really.

I'll do some hunting around on the internet I think. If I find anything constructive, I'll bring it back to this thread.

That's if anyone cares, lol. Most here do the OJ thang.

4peatssake

I wouldn't recommend eating the seeds. :sick:

Alas, I must admit I have no expert watermelon de-seeding tips.

:welcome to the forum BobbyDukes!

Gl;itch.e

Its summer here in NZ and I've been eating a lot of watermelon. I just try not to chew the seeds. Of course this is easier when you get a watermelon without tons of seeds. For some reason even watermelons from the same place seem to vary wildly in taste and amount of seeds. Ironically the ones with the fewest seeds are the sweetest/tastiest I've found.

Might be more expensive but you'd probably enjoy the hell out of some honey dew melon. Easier to prepare by just scooping out the seeds from the middle.

tara

I think swallowing a lot of whole seeds can be hard on the digestive tract, potentially stimulating higher serotonin levels (Peat generally favour lower serotonin levels), or occasionally causing mechanical damage or getting stuck in pockets in the intestine, if it is not in good tone throughout.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals