Water Soluble Vitamin A Is 10 Times As Toxic As Fat-soluble

OP
J

j.

Re: Water Soluble Vitamin A is 10 times as toxic as fat-solu

Danno said:
Why do you need to supplement vitamin A anyway? Isn't there enough in liver? Like 4 oz beef liver once a week, and maybe a little chicken liver plus all the vit a from dairy.

Vitamin A requirements change with vitamin D levels, metabolism, red light exposure, and other things. Most people who supplement do it because otherwise they get vit A deficiency symptoms, typically, acne or dandruff.

BaconBits

So if it says water dispersed is micellized?
I hate this, so we have a "not very tested" product on the market which method of production is a secret and very few studies show something fishy about it. I looked at some studies and there is something fishy about it.
I see there is also water dispersed vitamin D.
What if this micellized messes up the RDAs. Should we stay away or Ray Peat says its OK? How to even know if its micellized, do you have to write to the company to find out.

OP
J

j.

BaconBits said:
So if it says water dispersed is micellized?

Yes.

BaconBits said:
What if this micellized messes up the RDAs. Should we stay away or Ray Peat says its OK?

Ray Peat himself takes micellized vitamin A. When I mentioned a study that says they were dangerous, he mocked the authors. Regarding the RDA, it probably makes it harder to hit a goal, because it's better absorbed, which makes calculations harder. But I guess it works if you go by feel or symptoms.

My impulse is to stay away if I have alternatives. The problem is that I reacted with allergies to all vitamin A's I tried except one version that is micellized.

OP
J

j.

BaconBits said:
I hate this, so we have a "not very tested" product on the market which method of production is a secret and very few studies show something fishy about it.

There are also many studies which show the safety of substances that aren't safe, so that doesn't really matter that much. I'm saying that if a study or MSM said something was safe, it could be unsafe anyway, that's what happens most of the time.

BaconBits

j. said:
Ray Peat himself takes micellized vitamin A. When I mentioned a study that says they were dangerous, he mocked the authors. Regarding the RDA, it probably makes it harder to hit a goal, because it's better absorbed, which makes calculations harder. But I guess it works if you go by feel or symptoms.

My impulse is to stay away if I have alternatives. The problem is that I reacted with allergies to all vitamin A's I tried except one version that is micellized.

I have no idea have to go by the feel or symptoms. Its also very hard to split a capsule in 20 parts if the micellized is 10x more absorbed, that would mean 500IU would be enough?

OP
J

j.

BaconBits said:
I have no idea have to go by the feel or symptoms. Its also very hard to split a capsule in 20 parts if the micellized is 10x more absorbed, that would mean 500IU would be enough?

If you don't have symptoms of deficiency, maybe having liver once a week would be enough.

The study that claims is 10 times more absorbed is the one that was mocked by Ray Peat. Maybe it isn't accurate. If you're worried, I would experiment with Dr. Clark's Vitamin A drops. I haven't tried it but I think it isn't micellized and doesn't have additives.

jandrade1997

Does anyone know how well micellized vitamin A is absorbed topically? Should we still consider this 10x improved absorption when using a micellized A product topically?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Luann

So, is the vitamin A added to skim milk water-soluble? And how much to drink of that milk before it would be a problem?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals