Water Retention,fluid,fiber;yellow Skin.

Dutchie

So since eating more this way ive noticed some positive things,but i also started battling with swollen lower legs on and off and very rarely swollen eyelids.
I also sometimes experience yellowish orange inner of hands and face.

I have no idea whats the cause of it...if its sod./potas. , sugar vs. Salt, lack of fiber. Today the doc also said something about not enough proteine can cause water retention?....what about fat?and migth that be a factor in the yellowing skin bc of overburdened liver?or too much toxins/acidic food?o

pboy

seems like a backed up lymph, particularly your liver/gall...it has a little to do with what you eat but mostly the state of mind and digestion as a whole

The gallbladder and liver are cruicial for digestion, and energetically speaking (literally as well), the strength of the gallbladder and bile particularly has to do with decisiveness, assertiveness, and strength of conviction. If you are constantly unsure about what your eating and undecisive mentally, or confused, or have not come to firm personal convictions in the mind, then you can always expect your gallbladder to be in a hyperactive, and/or more likely weakened overburdened state. I suggest writing a list of all the factors you mentioned above that could be playing a role in your symptoms (sodium / potassium, protein, lack of fiber, ect) and literally test them out day by day in a grounded, controlled way, making notes if you like. Try to learn something new, strengthen a conviction, or dispel at least one fear by the end of each day

OP
D

Dutchie

pboy said:
seems like a backed up lymph, particularly your liver/gall...it has a little to do with what you eat but mostly the state of mind and digestion as a whole

The gallbladder and liver are cruicial for digestion, and energetically speaking (literally as well), the strength of the gallbladder and bile particularly has to do with decisiveness, assertiveness, and strength of conviction. If you are constantly unsure about what your eating and undecisive mentally, or confused, or have not come to firm personal convictions in the mind, then you can always expect your gallbladder to be in a hyperactive, and/or more likely weakened overburdened state. I suggest writing a list of all the factors you mentioned above that could be playing a role in your symptoms (sodium / potassium, protein, lack of fiber, ect) and literally test them out day by day in a grounded, controlled way, making notes if you like. Try to learn something new, strengthen a conviction, or dispel at least one fear by the end of each day

Thanx pboy but this has nothing to do with emotions/mental stuff bc it comes randomly and as for your suggestions. I'm experimenting on&off with everything and everytime I think I found the solution it happens again proving my theory wrong....or at least partly wrong.
I know, it's about the rigth mineral,sod./pot. salt/sugar balance for me, iron is a big no-no here but it seems I really need lots of iron or Vit.C or Gelatin along with an iron source to take it up correctly. And it seems I need fiber to move it all along....

So,like I said part of this 'diet' has brougth me good things yet it also seems that once you start eating this way,sugar,salt,(starch),sat fat and fluids.......you really are walking a fine line in relation to the rigth balance of it all.

pboy

another thing I can offer...ive seen you post about how you don't like cocoa ( I assume you probably aren't eating it then)...you might wanna think about chromium. Its vital for sugar metabolism, and found pretty much only in broccoli, brewers yeast, beer, dark chocolate, liver, and shellfish in any significant quantity...you probably aren't eating bread or beer or supplementing brewers yeast, probably not broccoli either, and apparently not much if any chocolate. If you think the fiber is what the issue in the chocolate is (it can be for me too if I eat too much), try brewing some 100% bakers cocoa or powdered cocoa through a filter or tea bag just for the sake of getting minerals...its a pleasant warming drink as well

(molasses and eggs have some chromium too, but not very much and you wouldn't necessarily want to load up on these, coffee also has a little)

OP
D

Dutchie

pboy said:
another thing I can offer...ive seen you post about how you don't like cocoa ( I assume you probably aren't eating it then)...you might wanna think about chromium. Its vital for sugar metabolism, and found pretty much only in broccoli, brewers yeast, beer, dark chocolate, liver, and shellfish in any significant quantity...you probably aren't eating bread or beer or supplementing brewers yeast, probably not broccoli either, and apparently not much if any chocolate. If you think the fiber is what the issue in the chocolate is (it can be for me too if I eat too much), try brewing some 100% bakers cocoa or powdered cocoa through a filter or tea bag just for the sake of getting minerals...its a pleasant warming drink as well

(molasses and eggs have some chromium too, but not very much and you wouldn't necessarily want to load up on these, coffee also has a little)
Its not that i dislike cacao,it seems to dislike me. Whenever i ate a chocolate bar/piece my temp seemed to drop. Havent tried the powder how3ver.

J

j.

Dutchie, have you tried cocoa powder with milk? Having it with other nutrients might be better.

OP
D

Dutchie

j. said:
Dutchie, have you tried cocoa powder with milk? Having it with other nutrients might be better.
No,i havent but i will....its usually sugared milk with vanilla that i seem to want.
One thing i noticed today,during the day i kept thinking about chocolate but in the evening it completely vanished after i took the second half of vit.e....now i know cacaobutter cojtains some vit.e and the high iron i need to move my bowels along and get warm,migth actually diminish my vit.e thus craving chocolate.
But this is still no explanatiion&solution for my problems.

Edle

I can recognize myself in the yellow face and hands. This happened to me also a few months after starting to eat Peat like, and it has been very stubborn. It can get pretty bad. Usually worse after exercise, but if I feel a bit off, it will usually get worse as well. When I cut down on fruits with beta carotene, it got a bit better, but I don´t want to cut carrots, oranges, papaya etc. completely. It is definitely not mental for me either. Sure, it has to do with the liver, maybe also the gallbladder, but I am getting pretty fed up of it. I look really weird in photos. Always a yellow hue in my face.

I not feeling too bad. I eat home liver 1x week, oysters 1x week, home made OJ, goats milk, organic cheeses, lots of seafood, bone broth etc, etc. Extra sugar does not seem to resolve the yellowness.

OP
D

Dutchie

Edle said:
I can recognize myself in the yellow face and hands. This happened to me also a few months after starting to eat Peat like, and it has been very stubborn. It can get pretty bad. Usually worse after exercise, but if I feel a bit off, it will usually get worse as well. When I cut down on fruits with beta carotene, it got a bit better, but I don´t want to cut carrots, oranges, papaya etc. completely. It is definitely not mental for me either. Sure, it has to do with the liver, maybe also the gallbladder, but I am getting pretty fed up of it. I look really weird in photos. Always a yellow hue in my face.

I not feeling too bad. I eat home liver 1x week, oysters 1x week, home made OJ, goats milk, organic cheeses, lots of seafood, bone broth etc, etc. Extra sugar does not seem to resolve the yellowness.
I actually havent eaten any betacarrotene food for a couple of weeks and still it happens sometimes,especially it seems when i had (cow)butter.

OP
D

Dutchie

Please is there anyone,who can help out with the swelling mystery?! I think its water,since it comes&goes throug&out the day amd sometimes in my upperlegs and butt,sometimes lower legs. Last couple of days i woke up with swollen eyelids and this lower belly pouch.

HDD

I am a part time caregiver for an elderly woman. She normally only drinks coca cola but on a couple of occasions she has had iced tea. When she has tea, instead of coke, her urine output is like a flood and she has swelling. I am thinking the tea acts like a diuretic and messes up her sodium balance which causes the swelling.

OP
D

Dutchie

Haagendazendiane said:
I am a part time caregiver for an elderly woman. She normally only drinks coca cola but on a couple of occasions she has had iced tea. When she has tea, instead of coke, her urine output is like a flood and she has swelling. I am thinking the tea acts like a diuretic and messes up her sodium balance which causes the swelling.

I eat lots of Himalayan Salt and indeed I only drink Green Detox Tea,bc water is so bland and also part of my own scaredness, I dont drink coke or coffee for my own reasons.(I did try out some coconutwater a week ago and that stuffs awesome when you're really thirsty on a hot day!) Yeah I always peed a lot drinking the tea but I dont really crave very salty foods (in general more mildly tasting cheeses and dairy or sour tasting) nowadays. So,I'm guessing sodium is not the issue,otherwise I'd probably be craving baking soda too, I suspect it's bc Him.Salt is quite a lot higher in iron than the seasalt I have. But still I never experienced something like this....I sometimes look like that Michelin tire guy,with all kinds of bumps in my body bc of all the weird swelling places.
It's been so long now since I've actually been able to run/sprint,which is kinda a problem when I need to run in order to get the bus or train on time, or just do any high intensity fast movement stuff.....and I'd actually love to start learning Martial Arts if I have the financial resources to do so.Part of this swelling issue is also why I didnt succeed at the jobplacement,which still pisses me off also bc that's why I loaned money to hire Billy in oredr for me to help me get this job,but it all didnt turn out to be what I envisioned helpwise. I don't even know anymore what my body feels and is like in a normal state.....or what is normal for that matter.

Also today I noticed this darkish layer on my chest and one nipple being covered with a completely dark layer,so when I rubbed those places all skin just flew around. It looked like a snowglobe and pink soft skin started to show. I also painfully carefully pulled off the dark crust that covered one of my nipples. I felt like a fr*king lizard shedding it's skin.
Is this normal?

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:

Thank you for the links. I've tried to read through articles o Ray's site but they're too scientific for me to understand the message he's trying to convey.
I don't think I'm necessarily low on sodium. Sometimes I think it's the sodium/potassium/fluid balance and what seems the need for fiber. Other times it also seems it's about the rigth mineral balance.
I really don't know anymore. I actually loaned money to hire a wellknown Peat inspired health coach (not EastWest) to help me nutritionally&exercise scheme to be able to get the job as a roadmaker/paviour.......and the job is already down the drain,had to quit it (though I officially still have 2months trial left). So,I feel like this investment totally wasnt worth it though he's very knowledgeable, but I just didnt got what I asked for which frustrates me a lot.Part of me knows that it's no use to call and ask for another try,but there's also another part that wants to be able to succeed&get the job against all odds which is already a lost cause to with the lack of proper guidance....I keep mailing about the swelling issues but this also seems to lead nowhere as he says (which I do understand from his p.o.v.) he has no temps,brix or whatever to look into from me.

So,I keep on drowning in my own eating&training mess......
( I came across this picture and I have to say I love the way she looks,except for the popping veins on her arm. She'll probably lift 50kg stones with ease,walk with barrow full of bricks etc. I'd love to have her physique but wouldn't even know how to get that....that was my hope&believe in this practitioner that I'd now get proper guidance after many years of failure to built that physique exercise(&foodwise,although food/eating has a bit of a twisted background) even though it is through internet and succeed at getting the job at ease. But I guess I can write it off,as yet another one of my failed hopes&dreams.....

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/259424/Denise-Rodrigues )

OP
D

Dutchie

It seems like im constantly going back&forward probably by my own doing in the entire game of sod.pot.&fluid balance....and probably also adrenal/insulinspike/diabeteslike issues?my heart sometimes.starts to pound heavy/rapid if im eating,thing is that that makes me mentally feel blissful and careless so eatin some more stuff. Afterwards my heart can be pounding for a while still.

I also noticed im fine with feel rested/some energy with a solid 7hours on days when i wake up swollen. On days such as today,i wake up not swollen but still feel kinda tired after 8hours of sleep. Is it bc body migth be dehydrated,that i peed out certain minerals or what?

So,when im without swelling(dehydrad?) I am able to move but feel like crap and with swelling i feel mentLly better,but have hard time moving around....

pboy

dutchie, I recommend going a day without thinking about food at all. Do something fun, ANYTHING, no matter how childish or seemingly a waste of time it may be. Drink only water with no salt or sugar or anything if you feel thirsty. Then once you've actually worked up an appetite, eat whatever it is you want the most...then go from there

Attachments

• 2co.png
    2co.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 45

Beebop

Dutchie said:
but I dont really crave very salty foods (in general more mildly tasting cheeses and dairy or sour tasting) nowadays. So,I'm guessing sodium is not the issue,otherwise I'd probably be craving baking soda too

Hi Dutchie, I don't often crave salt, but I've come to realise that when I feel stressed or tired, eating extra salt often makes me feel SO much better, and a similar effect with baking soda. I too, prefer mild cheeses. Reducing my liquids in general, has really helped me, I used to have to pee several times a night which was really, really annoying, and I was constantly thirsty to an alarming degree. Extra salt and less liquid stopped all of this.

OP
D

Dutchie

Beebop said:
Dutchie said:
but I dont really crave very salty foods (in general more mildly tasting cheeses and dairy or sour tasting) nowadays. So,I'm guessing sodium is not the issue,otherwise I'd probably be craving baking soda too

Hi Dutchie, I don't often crave salt, but I've come to realise that when I feel stressed or tired, eating extra salt often makes me feel SO much better, and a similar effect with baking soda. I too, prefer mild cheeses. Reducing my liquids in general, has really helped me, I used to have to pee several times a night which was really, really annoying, and I was constantly thirsty to an alarming degree. Extra salt and less liquid stopped all of this.

Thanx, I think I'm sometimes overusing Himalayan&Sea Salt a bit to make my gut move through and it warms me but I usually aso feel quite lethargic and/or tired by it. And I guess this way my body(&adrenals?) will never get used to potassium as the main source in the body.

@PBoy I can't keep going on fasts etc. anymore,I actually need to learn to eat 3times of substantial meals a day. You mention 'eat whatever',but that is something I noticed, I hardy have a desire anymore for foods outside the Peatish kinda spectrum not even rice or potato. I find myself looking satiated at all these sugars,fruit,dairy/cheese,coconut,cacao,shrimp,whitefish based recipes.
Doing anything fun that I dream about,just isn't in the works for me at the moment bc I really have no money so I'm trying like crazy to get a job. The only 'fun' thing I do is going to the gym everyday when waking up,though like I said I feel like I'm lacking a proper regimen and am just doing something, and shop for groceries. Staying at home during the day and for instance doing something creative makes me really anxious.

Back
Top Bottom