Water Filter

meatbag

Its very cool, kinda wish there were measurements of the water before and after of various compounds to display its effectiveness.

Beastmode

I sent a Peat an email about this. Will update if he responds.

He mentioned a home distiller would be fine since it removes everything.

RealNeat

Distiller is best this seems too gimmicky. Just distill the water with an Aquanui (I have a discount code if you want) and then I put some Mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate in.

InChristAlone

Distiller is best this seems too gimmicky. Just distill the water with an Aquanui (I have a discount code if you want) and then I put some Mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate in.
Matt Blackburn says mag bicarbonate is best as that's what would be found in good spring water.

RealNeat

Matt Blackburn says mag bicarbonate is best as that's what would be found in good spring water.
Mag bicarbonate doesn't play well with a lot of people it uses impure mag hydroxide to make, a far cry from the natural production in a spring from minerals being complexed by carbonic acid. Either way the amount found in most springs is not significant, including the gimmick purifier he also sells for 2,000 based off Glen Caulkins evidence lacking claims? Have you read my water article based on the misinformation he continues to spread on his PrisitineHydro fanboy rants? I'll link it.

also Mag bicarbonate was initially mostly being recommend by Mark Circus who goes on to talk about Mg Chloride and sodium Bicarbonate mix. Mag bicarbonate in stomach acid becomes co2, water and mag chloride anyway. At least both mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate are relatively pure.

RealNeat

Mag bicarbonate doesn't play well with a lot of people it uses impure mag hydroxide to make, a far cry from the natural production in a spring from minerals being complexed by carbonic acid. Either way the amount found in most springs is not significant, including the gimmick purifier he also sells for 2,000 based off of the garbage Glen Caulkins spews. Have you read my water article based on the misinformation he continues to spread on his PrisitineHydro fanboy rants? I'll link it.

here is the article I wrote

https://www.primitiveinitiative.com/dwvsph-pt-1-of-2

OP
G

Gone Peating

Yea I get gallons of distilled water at the grocery store for like 90¢ and add salt and sodium bicarbonate.

I’ll start adding mag chloride that’s a good idea

InChristAlone

Mag bicarbonate doesn't play well with a lot of people it uses impure mag hydroxide to make, a far cry from the natural production in a spring from minerals being complexed by carbonic acid. Either way the amount found in most springs is not significant, including the gimmick purifier he also sells for 2,000 based off Glen Caulkins evidence lacking claims? Have you read my water article based on the misinformation he continues to spread on his PrisitineHydro fanboy rants? I'll link it.

also Mag bicarbonate was initially mostly being recommend by Mark Circus who goes on to talk about Mg Chloride and sodium Bicarbonate mix. Mag bicarbonate in stomach acid becomes co2, water and mag chloride anyway. At least both mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate are relatively pure.
Thank-you for sharing that I will read your article, though my eyes hurt from reading white on black. I thought mag water was popular around here? I even have some in the fridge though I don't use it much. I prefer mag chloride on my jaw muscles at night.

RealNeat

Thank-you for sharing that I will read your article, though my eyes hurt from reading white on black. I thought mag water was popular around here? I even have some in the fridge though I don't use it much. I prefer mag chloride on my jaw muscles at night.
I'm sorry the funny thing is I thought the format would be more easy on the eyes since I can't stand white backgrounds (like this forum) no offense @charlie lol I think the Mag bicarb works for some and doesn't for others, there are multiple accounts of issues on threads plus Rays warning on hemorrhoids from subpar Mag is quite real.

ken

A NOTE FROM Dr. POLLACK REGARDING

CORPORATE ENDORSEMENTS

Multiple companies producing water-based products use my picture to imply that we endorse their products.

I do share personal experiences on various interviews. However, we have no formal association with any outside company other than our own 4th-Phase, Inc.; nor do I receive fees from any company producing water-based products.

Dr. Pollack is not mentioned on this site. In addition the processes seem very different, It looks and sounds like the old Nikken multi level marketing water "purifier"

yerrag

Mag chloride useful if you want to get acidic pH. Good luck with that.

"Mag bicarbonate in stomach acid becomes co2, water and mag chloride anyway. At least both mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate are relatively pure."

How did you figure this out? You're simply misleading people with your imagined reactions taking place in the stomach.

I don't pretend to know what's going on in the stomach w/r to mag bicarbonate. But I've used both magnesium chloride and magnesium bicarbonate on separate daily intakes of 600mg elemental magnesium for at least 3 months.

Magnesium chloride made my acid-base balance very acidic and got me sick. Magnesium bicarbonate does not do that, and it's been very helpful. From these experiences, I can say that taking magnesium bicarbonate is very very different from taking magnesium chloride.

But for you to say matter-of-factly that taking mag bicarbonate is the same as taking mag chloride is wrong, and for you to say it's better to take mag chloride than mag bicarbonate is even more misleading. People can get really sick from such advice.

Here is something for you to read so you can understand why mag chloride intake is an acid load of which daily intake in large quantities will destroy your acid-base balance. Both the divalent chloride salts (magnesium and calcium) -CaCl2 and MgCl2 -are acidic loads. The monavalent chloride salts (sodium and potassium) -NaCl and KCl - aren't.

People should read it because it gives them a proper understanding of what they're talking about.

Attachments

• Remer Acid-Base.pdf
    613.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

RealNeat

Mag chloride useful if you want to get acidic pH. Good luck with that.

"Mag bicarbonate in stomach acid becomes co2, water and mag chloride anyway. At least both mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate are relatively pure."

How did you figure this out? You're simply misleading people with your imagined reactions taking place in the stomach.

I don't pretend to know what's going on in the stomach w/r to mag bicarbonate. But I've used both magnesium chloride and magnesium bicarbonate on separate daily intakes of 600mg elemental magnesium for at least 3 months.

Magnesium chloride made my acid-base balance very acidic and got me sick. Magnesium bicarbonate does not do that, and it's been very helpful. From these experiences, I can say that taking magnesium bicarbonate is very very different from taking magnesium chloride.

But for you to say matter-of-factly that taking mag bicarbonate is the same as taking mag chloride is wrong, and for you to say it's better to take mag chloride than mag bicarbonate is even more misleading. People can get really sick from such advice.

Here is something for you to read so you can understand why mag chloride intake is an acid load of which daily intake in large quantities will destroy your acid-base balance. Both the divalent chloride salts (magnesium and calcium) -CaCl2 and MgCl2 -are acidic loads. The monavalent chloride salts (sodium and potassium) -NaCl and KCl - aren't.

People should read it because it gives them a proper understanding of what they're talking about.
I think you overlooked the part where I said pair it with sodium bicarbonate, that will buffer the chloride. You also assume that I suggested taking your daily recommended intake with just supplements, I only do it in addition to food, not in place of. You are having some cognitive dissonance here. Both chloride and bicarbonate can disturb pH balance, hence why people have adverse reactions to both, for every benefit story from Mag Bicarb there is a disaster story too, (just read the threads) Also it's not an imaginary reaction unless you want to flood your stomach to the point where you fully dilute your stomach acid then the bicarbonate ions may actually be preserved through to the duodenum. the hydrochloric acid in your stomach will react with Bicarbonate especially around meal time, besides meal times it may be less of a reaction as stomach acid is "higher" in pH. You can easily search these chemical reactions... plus you answered your own criticism further down on your response. We are essentially agreeing.

from my experience and others Mag Bicarbonate is impure and makes going to the bathroom painful.

Mag Chloride especially from the great salt lake is complexed with other minerals paired with sodium bicarbonate as a buffer, does not do this. However the devil is in the dose. I would not take 100% of my daily Mag from Chloride or Bicarbonate. But from my experience the Mag hydroxide is not pure and causes many people issues.

yerrag

Mag bicarbonate in stomach acid becomes co2, water and mag chloride anyway.

Isn't this what you said?

So does sodium bicarbonate in stomach acid become CO2, water and sodium chloride also, by your logic? And so it would be better to take sodium chloride than to take sodium bicarbonate? Since that is your logic?

I think you overlooked the part where I said pair it with sodium bicarbonate, that will buffer the chloride.
Did you say that? No matter, it is just wrong to recommend taking magnesium chloride. Why do you have to go thru the added trouble to adding something to minimize the bad effect from mag chloride? And you should just read that article I posted, just for you. It tells you plain and straight the acidic load in taking magnesium chloride. It's there for you to see.
I only do it in addition to food, not in place of.
Why the qualifier? And what do you mean in addition to food? You really have to make it complicated, do you? And why are you saying it just now?
You are having some cognitive dissonance here.
Where is the cognitive dissonance? Do you just like to use heavy words, even when it has no relevance and does not help your case?
Both chloride and bicarbonate can disturb pH balance, hence why people have adverse reactions to both, for every benefit story from Mag Bicarb there is a disaster story too, (just read the threads)
Arguing equivalence doesn't help when there is no equivalence. Anything in excess can disturb pH balance, even water.

And where is the disaster story with mag bicarb? Show me.
Also it's not an imaginary reaction unless you want to flood your stomach to the point where you fully dilute your stomach acid then the bicarbonate ions may actually be preserved through to the duodenum. the hydrochloric acid in your stomach will react with Bicarbonate especially around meal time, besides meal times it may be less of a reaction as stomach acid is "higher" in pH. You can easily search these chemical reactions...
And yet you say that with the same certainty and matter-of-factness which I chided you for. Your telling people magnesium chloride is better than mag bicarb for the reason that mag hydroxide is impure and magnesium isn't, that is just plain wrong logic. Do I still have to explain to you why that is?
plus you answered your own criticism further down on your response. We are essentially agreeing.

from my experience and others Mag Bicarbonate is impure and makes going to the bathroom painful.
We are not agreeing.

Magbicarb has impurities but it is tolerable. There are other reasons why you have a bad experience. Like, are you sure you're not ingesting some traces of unreacted mag hydroxide? A lot of people mix mag hydroxide in soda water, and end up with unreacted mag hydroxide. How are you making your mag bicarb? I know I'm doing it the right way, and I have no mag hydroxide left after the CO2 fully reacts with mag hydroxide when making magbicarb.

Your inability to make magbicarb without mag hydroxide left unreacted is your problem, not that of mag bicarbonate itself.

And because of your problem, you shouldn't be telling people to take mag chloride as it doesn't make it any better for them.

Mag Chloride especially from the great salt lake is complexed with other minerals paired with sodium bicarbonate as a buffer, does not do this.
What does being complexed have to do with mag chloride being any better? It is still predominantly mag chloride and it will do what mag chloride does, complexed or not .

So, can you show us the right ratio to pair mag chloride with sodium bicarbonate then, being that you so recommend that? I personally don't want the added complication. I just take the form of magnesium that works best without having to pair with sodium bicarb. But that's just me, and maybe a lot of other people too.

I would not take 100% of my daily Mag from Chloride or Bicarbonate. But from my experience the Mag hydroxide is not pure and causes many people issues.

I already explained to you why I don't agree with you in above replies.

RealNeat

@yerrag Ok I have a lot to say in my response so maybe @charlie can make a new thread for this subject. Maybe like Mag Bicarb or Chloride for supplemental use.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

RealNeat

Background should not be white. On the bottom left of the forum there is a "style chooser". Click on that and select "Casual".
Oh wow awesome thanks!

Beastmode

Peat's response on Pollack's water filter:

"I didn’t know about it, I’ll investigate."

I chuckled when I read this as I imagined myself investigating this topic compared to him. I'll go to pubmed and he'll recall 38 articles he read in 1948 about water filtration that he can cite and make connections with.

:lol:

RealNeat

Isn't this what you said?

So does sodium bicarbonate in stomach acid become CO2, water and sodium chloride also, by your logic? And so it would be better to take sodium chloride than to take sodium bicarbonate? Since that is your logic?

Did you say that? No matter, it is just wrong to recommend taking magnesium chloride. Why do you have to go thru the added trouble to adding something to minimize the bad effect from mag chloride? And you should just read that article I posted, just for you. It tells you plain and straight the acidic load in taking magnesium chloride. It's there for you to see.

Why the qualifier? And what do you mean in addition to food? You really have to make it complicated, do you? And why are you saying it just now?

Where is the cognitive dissonance? Do you just like to use heavy words, even when it has no relevance and does not help your case?

Arguing equivalence doesn't help when there is no equivalence. Anything in excess can disturb pH balance, even water.

And where is the disaster story with mag bicarb? Show me.

And yet you say that with the same certainty and matter-of-factness which I chided you for. Your telling people magnesium chloride is better than mag bicarb for the reason that mag hydroxide is impure and magnesium isn't, that is just plain wrong logic. Do I still have to explain to you why that is?

We are not agreeing.

Magbicarb has impurities but it is tolerable. There are other reasons why you have a bad experience. Like, are you sure you're not ingesting some traces of unreacted mag hydroxide? A lot of people mix mag hydroxide in soda water, and end up with unreacted mag hydroxide. How are you making your mag bicarb? I know I'm doing it the right way, and I have no mag hydroxide left after the CO2 fully reacts with mag hydroxide when making magbicarb.

Your inability to make magbicarb without mag hydroxide left unreacted is your problem, not that of mag bicarbonate itself.

And because of your problem, you shouldn't be telling people to take mag chloride as it doesn't make it any better for them.

What does being complexed have to do with mag chloride being any better? It is still predominantly mag chloride and it will do what mag chloride does, complexed or not .

So, can you show us the right ratio to pair mag chloride with sodium bicarbonate then, being that you so recommend that? I personally don't want the added complication. I just take the form of magnesium that works best without having to pair with sodium bicarb. But that's just me, and maybe a lot of other people too.

I already explained to you why I don't agree with you in above replies.

I'm going to respond with much more but here is a decent article from Mark

https://drsircus.com/magnesium/the-ultimate-mitochondrial-cocktail/

I'm going to rename and start a new thread for this discussion. It's worth having.

yerrag

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals