• No

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Yes - 1-2 glasses a day

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Yes - More than 2 glasses a day

Votes: 35 32.7%

• Total voters

dookie

Peat talks about the dangers of excess water in hypothyroidism, and he generally seems to recommend to not drink more than you thirst for. I have recently noticed that even a glass of water can sometimes trigger a bit of stress response, with some short-lived hot flush and anxiety occurring, immediately after swallowing the water. I have consciously tried to drink less water, and have replaced it with fruit juice and milk, but I'm finding it hard to cut it out totally and I still have a glass or two of water a day. How do you view water and have you cut down your consumption of it after learning of Peat?

daIllu

I feel that sugar raises my thirst, I feel bad if I don't drink at least a litre a day usually, I try to keep my diet low liquid otherwise for now though, very high liquid diet of lots of oj, milk just doesn't go well with me, I get constipated and get troubles with bowel movement.

Also I love coffee and it seems to go pretty well with me but I feel it also is a bit dehydrating so I really feel water is important for me.

frankfranks

You are able to interpret these feelings correctly: Loss of essence. Are you drinking only pure rainwater? I have experienced loss of essence. Women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

OP
D

dookie

frankfranks said:
You are able to interpret these feelings correctly: Loss of essence. Are you drinking only pure rainwater? I have experienced loss of essence. Women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

I drink bottled spring water (I use it for cooking too).

Loss of essence.. Can you elaborate on what you mean?

tara

Yes, often 2-3 glasses a day, sometimes more or less.

I used to drink a lot of water, sometimes probably too much, sometimes green tea, and avoided sweet drinks and coffee. Sometimes just one glass of water was too much, esp. if I hadn't been eating much.
When I first tried drinking lots of milk and juice, I was getting plenty of water from that and not wanting more straight water.
Now I am probably eating more solids, I drink lots of juice and a little coffee, and drink some water too most days. I only drink water when I feel like it [edit to add:] ie when it tastes good, not some set amount, but usually at least 500ml. The more calorie dense the rest of my intake is, the more water I typically want. If my pee gets dark yellow it usually means I could use more water. I usually drink water before going to sleep, and seldom have to get up in the night.

milk_lover

I don't drink plain water. I drink a lot of milk, orange juice, coffee etc. Those provide me with enough water.

XPlus

Eating Peaty could introduce a load of liquids in the diet.
Probably because we're usually too busy to prepare something solid.
I think I can find a bottle of milk sitting next to me most of the time.
So, in my experience it's more challenging to control the liquid excess vs. trying to get more of it.

Gl;itch.e

frankfranks said:
Dr Strangelove, is that you?

Jsaute21

Is silica a concern in bottled water? I grabbed an Evian today at the airport as I was very thirsty after a salty lunch and was surprised to see it on the bottle. Apparently it is a naturally occurring element in water so I'm not overly concerned...

Bladezz

Well there’s water in the coffee. That’s mostly plain water. Especially if you have more than one cup each day (like many here do).
Yes, I do remember hearing on a danny roddy podcast that water increases as metabolism increases

youngsinatra

I drink almost 3 liter of mineral water a day to thirst. Alongside many espresso's and almost a liter of OJ. I don't have problems with liquids.
But I tend to eat 20-30g of salt spread across my meals, so this might mitigate that.

Bladezz

I drink almost 3 liter of mineral water a day to thirst. Alongside many espresso's and almost a liter of OJ. I don't have problems with liquids.
But I tend to eat 20-30g of salt spread across my meals, so this might mitigate that.
Yeah, I mustof been dehydrated last night because I feel so wired and off... I have a problem with over thinking basic things like water. Thanks for your reply!

Inaut

I drink two bottles of hydrogen rich water a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I also drink teas in the evening (currently chamomile). I think if you are drinking a lot of plain water daily, it's probably not a good idea but we shouldn't avoid water (even if drinking other liquids like milk or juice)

LA

Water if great. I drink it whenever I feel like it. I cannot drink Orange Juice or any Fructose even our home-grown winter-lemons; hurts my gums and the roof of my mouth. We make our own distilled water and run it through charcoal filters before drinking. It has been very helpful in keeping my teeth and gums healthy. I love water. Once in a while we drink bottled mineral water although 'supposedly' most of the European mineral water is full of used cocaine residue. I grind coffee beans in the morning for coffee otherwise whole milk is my other liquid.

southcesar

I live in a very hot and humid climate and I spend most of my day outside. I feel the need to drink something. Would salt and sugar water be a good option? if yes, in what quantities?