Water Causes Me Digestive Pain

Bogdar

So badly.

It started after a diarrhea event, every food would cause pain as if it would stuck somewhere on the left side of my abdomen.
Since this happened - and it was 6 months ago - every water sip taken on an empty stomach (sometimes even w/ food) irritates me.

It even makes me gazzy, odorant farts from ONLY water. If I drink like 2 sips of water before bed it can end up with me being woken up every hours bc of the pain. I also feel some "stress" from it, in my whole body, the agitating type of stress.

Wtf is this ? Never experienced that and/or this kind of pain and feeling before. The pain would propagate to my feet but fortunately this has stopped.

I feel like it's in a down left part and it could be from acid things going where they shouldn't go. The pain starts really soon after ingestion (sometimes few s), so I guess it's not that far in the digestive tract.

I visited a few doctors and they have no clues.

Any ideas ? :(

meatbag

Hypotonic liquids increase serotonin, do you get the same effects from liquids like milk?

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Hypotonic liquids increase serotonin, do you get the same effects from liquids like milk?
Milk caused me this diarrhea, and since this moment I have bad time digesting milk & cheese. It's been a long time I did not consume milk since it gave me weird physical/mental sensations.

IDK if it is of any importance, my platelets also sky-rocketed (we discovered it from the blood tests initially to help with my digestive issues), not sure if these 2 incidents have any link, but since I heard peat saying platelets were involved in making serotonin...

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Btw, at its best the issue was also linked with suicidal thought, feeling like I was going to collapse at any time, i.e I think serotonin related symptoms. It's all gone now however

meatbag

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

If it gets to the point you cant eat anything you can tell your doctor your getting nausea and that you want ondansetrone or mirtazapine for depression, or try cyproheptadine

thomas00

Sounds like you might have an infection.

Is it only water that does this? Do any other liquids do it? Does food?

I'd see about getting a comprehensive stool analysis to check for infection. Or just go straight to the antibiotics.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Sounds like you might have an infection.

Is it only water that does this? Do any other liquids do it? Does food?

I'd see about getting a comprehensive stool analysis to check for infection. Or just go straight to the antibiotics.
Yes every liquids would do this, but water even more than others. Food also at the begenning, I would get a lot of pressure on the lower-left part of the abdomen for hours and hours. Fortunately it stopped, I now still experience some pain but it depends on the day and the food I eat, and it is less intense/long. I think dairies do it the most.
With prior advices from this forum I tried an "aspirin cure", 1mg for a few days/weeks against some types of infections and nothing resolved.

What infections are you talking about ? Fungus ? Bacteria ? Parasites ?

thomas00

You said this happened after a 'diarrhea event'. Can you explain that a bit more? Was it after a meal? A holiday away in a country different from yours?

What infections are you talking about ? Fungus ? Bacteria ? Parasites ?

All of those things can produce some nasty effects, if that's what you have.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

You said this happened after a 'diarrhea event'. Can you explain that a bit more? Was it after a meal? A holiday away in a country different from yours?

All of those things can produce some nasty effects, if that's what you have.
I think it was spoiled raw milk. IBS, Suicidal Thoughts, Mental Decline. Need Your Opinions if you need more details

For the stool analysis, I just have to ask a gastro expert I guess ?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
You could easily have a stool pathogen from the spoiled raw milk. Is the stool analysis a culture and ova and parasite test? Sometimes a mild liquid diet of broth and gelatin will help a person recover from bacterial diarrhea. Many times antibiotics are not indicated for pathogens like Salmonella, Campylobacter, and Shigella.

postman

Tap water is full of irritants like flouride and chloramines, distilled water should work better.

thomas00

I think it was spoiled raw milk.

yeah, you could have picked up an absolutely awful infection from drinking that

For the stool analysis, I just have to ask a gastro expert I guess ?

I guess it depends on where you live but I've found that general practitioners can do it. Maybe gastroenterologists can get more comprehensive ones. You'll just have to ask. Some companies offer the test as a kit you can order online and send back to them.

In the meantime cascara might be of some help. That has some anti-parasitic,antibacterial and anti-viral action.