Wash Your Rice Before Cooking It (aflatoxin)

paymanz

Comparing Efficiency of Rice Washing and Soaking Processes in Reducing the Amount of Aflatoxin B1 | Nassehinia | Iranian Journal of Health, Safety and Environment

upload_2018-9-24_14-56-51.png

and notice the method they used for washing them

upload_2018-9-24_15-5-50.png

im just wondering why their base aflatoxin level are different between soaking and washing group,strange!
however i havent real whole paper. but other studies on corn for example shown washing is effective and more efficient than cooking alone.

also adding more water will help , it also improves digestability of rice , pressure cooker also does the same,decreases alflatoxin and improve digestability.

and probably most of time brown rice has more alfatoxin than white rice.
Distribution of aflatoxins in shelling and milling fractions of naturally contaminated rice — Experts@Minnesota
The sums of AFB 1 and AFB 2 in stored paddy rice, hulls, brown rice, bran and white rice were 141, 39, 158, 367 and 56 μ gkg -1, respectively. The ratio of aflatoxin B 1 and B 2 was about 10: 1. AFG 1 and AFG 2 were less than 1 μ gkg -1. Thus, brown rice contained 92.9% of the aflatoxins in paddy rice, whereas white rice contained only 27.9%

Last edited:

Nighteyes

An interesting observation I have made in regards to rice: whenever I buy basmati rice in plastic bags the rice smells super moldy and This does not go away after rinsing. The steam smells really bad while cooking.
Buying basmati rice from a different brand that uses cardboard boxes does not produce foul smelling rice. I think the storage of rice is very important to avoid mold and thus toxins.

Aymen

An interesting observation I have made in regards to rice: whenever I buy basmati rice in plastic bags the rice smells super moldy and This does not go away after rinsing. The steam smells really bad while cooking.
Buying basmati rice from a different brand that uses cardboard boxes does not produce foul smelling rice. I think the storage of rice is very important to avoid mold and thus toxins.
There is Thailand white long grain rice in the supermarket , it's good quality you can find it .

OP
P

paymanz

probably moisture causes that

abruzzi

I take it that rice is OK on this diet? For some reason I thought rice was a no no

Steene

I take it that rice is OK on this diet? For some reason I thought rice was a no no

Of course its ok. Just because some people can not tolerate starch doesn't make it right for everyone. If you don't feel any negative effects of it then don't drop it.

OP
P

paymanz

rice or any other starchy food are not optimal in peat view. he avoids starch , i avoid them whenever possible too!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom