Was Crowded Mass Transport Cars In NYC The Cause Of Their Epidemic?

David PS

I posted this in a 5G thread this morning. I suspect that mass transport is reason for their epidemic. New Yorkers are proud of their subways. The city can not survive without. It is inconceivable that they would lock down their subways in the beginning days of the virus. Now the city and perhaps the country is paying the price.

The annual ridership is almost an order of magnitude greater than the second city on this list. Crowded mass transport cars are the most efficient way to spread a virus
List of United States rapid transit systems by ridership - Wikipedia

Giraffe

Air pollution in subways?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/a...dy to assess the potential for health impacts

In New York City for example, the concentrations of iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), and chromium (Cr) in suspended particulate matter were found to be more than 100 times higher in the subway system than aboveground (Chillrud et al., 2004). Subway particles also have greater capacity than outdoor (street-level) particles to induce DNA damage and oxidative stress in cultured lung cells (Karlsson et al., 2005; Seaton et al., 2005).

Medium article: Air Quality in NYC Subways: Worse Than You Might Think

Might partly explain why blacks and hispanics are hit harder in New York?

ampersand

Might partly explain why blacks and hispanics are hit harder in New York?

I think that's the case other places as well. Just off the top of my head I'd assume there's a vitamin D connection? The darker one's skin the harder it is to build up adequate vitamin d stores in northern latitudes?

OP
David PS

David PS

Yes, I agree. It might explain part of it. Race and age are considered non-modifiable risk factors for hypertension and they may come into play here as well. Vitamin D levels are generally lower in blacks and hispanics and that can be added to the list of co-factors as well.

From the Italian data that I posted in your Po Valley thread, it appears that hypertension is the major factor. It is known as the silent killer. However, it does not fit in the panic scenario. It is a silent contributor to the high death rate. The media has not mentioned it.

I am about to start contacting my friends and extended family to remind them of the importance of high blood pressure and the need for them to know their numbers. They can not change the environmental pollution levels but they can work on changing their blood pressure. Thank you for pointing this out.

InChristAlone

Yet another reason I'm glad I don't live in a major city. But that is what they want for the future. They want everyone in smart cities, you won't own a car, you won't own any land, you won't even own your own house, all you will have is a jail cell.

Drareg

There are many things I like about New York but the place has a permanent smell of stale urine in the air at all times, for that to be airborne tells us something,it takes a day or 2 to get used to it.
The saying in nyc is "everything is just a phone call away" ,it’s like a microcosm of planet earth ,with that in mind it will also contain possibly all virus strains and bacterial strains on the planet because of the flow of people through there, if Peat is correct about our organism containing many different viruses with the potential to be activated then nyc is a great place cherry pick if you were that way inclined.

Regina

There are many things I like about New York but the place has a permanent smell of stale urine in the air at all times, for that to be airborne tells us something,it takes a day or 2 to get used to it.
The saying in nyc is "everything is just a phone call away" ,it’s like a microcosm of planet earth ,with that in mind it will also contain possibly all virus strains and bacterial strains on the planet because of the flow of people through there, if Peat is correct about our organism containing many different viruses with the potential to be activated then nyc is a great place cherry pick if you were that way inclined.
I don't know. I commuted on NYC subways for 12 years. The only scary thing was a near empty car. That's the uh-oh moment when you are a sitting duck to any lunatic.
I've never been a hand-washer. I mean, yes I wash my hands. But not after I got out of the subway. Not when I went to the amazing small grocers along Broadway with all the produce on the sidewalk for everybody to fondle. Everybody comes out of the subway and starts fondling sidewalk produce. It's the NY way. I might finally wash my hands when they get greasy during food prep.
Then I did martial arts (with mostly immigrants from all over the world) where you roll all over each other on the floor sweating profusely.
I never got sick. See, I even lets wolves lick my face. :):
The only time in my adult life that I got sick was when I was a teacher. After a summer away from teaching, the new fall students reliably made me under the weather for a couple /few days. Then, I'd be good until the next fall of new students.

Drareg

I don't know. I commuted on NYC subways for 12 years. The only scary thing was a near empty car. That's the uh-oh moment when you are a sitting duck to any lunatic.
I've never been a hand-washer. I mean, yes I wash my hands. But not after I got out of the subway. Not when I went to the amazing small grocers along Broadway with all the produce on the sidewalk for everybody to fondle. Everybody comes out of the subway and starts fondling sidewalk produce. It's the NY way. I might finally wash my hands when they get greasy during food prep.
Then I did martial arts (with mostly immigrants from all over the world) where you roll all over each other on the floor sweating profusely.
I never got sick. See, I even lets wolves lick my face. :):
The only time in my adult life that I got sick was when I was a teacher. After a summer away from teaching, the new fall students reliably made me under the weather for a couple /few days. Then, I'd be good until the next fall of new students.

Oh yeah if you have a decent level of health that’s my point ,nyc shouldn’t kill you, if we took someone with cystic fibrosis or other lung problems to nyc for the first time they may fall seriously ill very quick ,the same with nursing home based elderly,transfer them to nyc same thing might happen however the same types of people living in nyc many years won’t have as serious a reaction, immune system won’t react to what new systems perceive "invaders”, of course the whole question of how the immune system is really working comes into play but inflammatory responses are the issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals