WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis

Hayley

I guess that gets at my point- why are sweat pants (or similar comfortable clothing) automatically considered 'sloppy' and not something acceptable to wear in public? Again, not trying to pick on your views personally, as this is the current societal view. Whereas slacks or even jeans are ok, even though I've known plenty of people I'd consider sloppy who regularly wore both.

Maybe that's more of a rhetorical question, but it's a social more I hope eventually fades away. Over the decades, jeans slowly became acceptable professional work and social attire for men. I'm hoping it continues in that direction.
Seeing people dressed sloppily in public is a bummer to me. Being well dressed elevates society, and in America in most places this is almost completely lost. Being well dressed shows you care, it looks nice, it’s sort of a sign of respect for yourself and others. People having no consideration for aesthetics or beauty in their dress whatsoever is sad and disheartening, much like walking around a city with very ugly architecture as opposed to a beautiful city. People need beauty.

Birdie

Seeing people dressed sloppily in public is a bummer to me. Being well dressed elevates society, and in America in most places this is almost completely lost. Being well dressed shows you care, it looks nice, it’s sort of a sign of respect for yourself and others. People having no consideration for aesthetics or beauty in their dress whatsoever is sad and disheartening, much like walking around a city with very ugly architecture as opposed to a beautiful city. People need beauty.
Seeing people dressed up a little cheers me up. I remember a month or so ago running into a mother (wheelchair) and daughter from Canada who had put on the most interesting things. Their hair was semi-bleached and done up casually but artistically. I complimented one of them on her hat. Some kind of unusual cap. They seemed happy people.

But some people are up to putting on a little frosting every day and some are maybe too weighed down with life or have another view. Or don't know how to do it. I like variety and lots of times I barely get out the door myself. But at least I do look arty most of the time. Doing my part ?

Hayley

Seeing people dressed up a little cheers me up. I remember a month or so ago running into a mother (wheelchair) and daughter from Canada who had put on the most interesting things. Their hair was semi-bleached and done up casually but artistically. I complimented one of them on her hat. Some kind of unusual cap. They seemed happy people.

But some people are up to putting on a little frosting every day and some are maybe too weighed down with life or have another view. Or don't know how to do it. I like variety and lots of times I barely get out the door myself. But at least I do look arty most of the time. Doing my part ?
I appreciate it when I see it, and I know I don’t feel like my best self when I’m dressed poorly. I also think a lot of people underestimate how dressing well for your body type and style you want to exude can make you SO much more attractive and magnetic.

P

Peatness

There's something unique about grape juice - it might be the high fructose content, sulphite? fluoride?

johnwester130

"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance." -Ray Peat

There has always been inequality when it comes to physical appearance between men and women. The bar has always been unfairly higher for women, to look good, with men getting away with the bar being lower if they have money. Though misshapen bodies, hairless heads and wrinkles all play a part in a person's decline, I find uncleanliness to be the worst offender.

Yes women start getting sloppy or dowdy in their attire, but at least most try to disguise their unfortunate circumstances with make-up, baubles and perfume, men not so much. Men worry about not having enough hair when they're younger, but they really need to be worrying about too much hair when they are older. The scruff up to the eyeballs with unkempt smelly beards and greasy hair or comb-overs are doing them no favors. What is going on with these lazy people's appearances? When did the change happen from dressing up to go dinner to showing up in sweat pants and a t-shirt now? The word "sweat pants" alone should be the first clue you're getting lazy.

My dad was always a sharp dresser and a "ladies man". He was always active and cared about his physical abilities and strength. Then one day he showed up at my house and looked awful, and could barely walk. I had seen a slow decline in him over a ten years period, from living with a socially awkward woman, who liked watching movies all day everyday, but now not only did he get lazy, his hygiene was noticeably disgusting. His nails were now long and dirty and he did not enjoy long morning baths anymore either, and it was taking a toll on those around him. When he lived with me for awhile it was a fight to even get him to brush his teeth. What is the turning point that makes a person not care anymore about their appearance, yet still think they are eligible to date? How is their image in mirror so distorted that they think nothing is wrong, even when you tell them they smell awful? How do old people think it is appropriate to take their bath in a jacuzzi. How do they not know they smell like urine? Did they forget their own criticisms of the elderly in their youth?

Granted women don't try like they use to 50 years ago, to hide their physical misfortunes, but why do men not really try at all? What a shame too, cause after watching many of those "make-over" shows, I realize there are a lot of attractive men out there hiding under bad hygiene. It is no mystery to me why they can't get dates, and it says a lot about the women who date them regardless.

Many men do not wipe their private parts

There is a whole subreddit devoted to it

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It is the low energy cellular state that leads to the retention of calcium and iron, and to the production of age pigment, and other changes that constitute the vicious circle of aging. And mental activity that challenges obsession and rigidity might be the most important brain energizer. Pseudo-optimism, humor-as-therapy, has a certain value, but a deeper optimism involves a willingness to assimilate new information and to change plans accordingly.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Nutritional supplements that might help to prevent or correct these brain syndromes include: Vitamin E and coconut oil; vitamin A; magnesium, sodium; thyroid which includes T3; large amounts of animal protein, especially eggs; sulfur, such as magnesium sulfate or flowers of sulfur, but not to take continuously, because of sulfur's interference with copper absorption; pregnenolone; progesterone if needed. Bright light, weak in the blue end of the spectrum and with protection against ultraviolet, activates respiratory metabolism and quenches free radicals. Raw carrot fiber and/or laxatives if needed; charcoal occasionally for gas or bowel irritation. Coconut oil serves several purposes. Its butyric acid is known to increase T3 uptake by glial cells. It has a general pro-thyroid action, for example by diluting and displacing antithyroid unsaturated oils, its short- and medium-chain fatty acids sustain blood sugar and have antiallergic actions, and it protects mitochondria against stress-injury.” -Ray Peat

Sefton10

I’ve genuinely never seen the attraction of jacuzzis. They’re full of mold and chemicals then you’re essentially sitting in other peoples bodily fluids. Rank ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I’ve genuinely never seen the attraction of jacuzzis. They’re full of mold and chemicals then you’re essentially sitting in other peoples bodily fluids. Rank ?

Yep like taking a bath together. For many years I have been avoiding public pools for the same reason.

johnwester130

For the record, I do not care what a man or woman smells like. If their odour is indicative of bad health, that is a concern. But as far as their worth, Christ did not call on me to judge my fellow man based on the bodily fragrance.

I totally disagree.

A person should bathe and clean.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse & rePeat:
“There is a large group of people that don’t think bathing is necessary and I am not one of ten. I get that the majority of cleansers are hormone disrupters and can cause dry or oily skin, but is there any detriment, besides offensive smells, not bathing or washing ones hair?”

RAY PEAT:
“People with oily skin and hair can use baking soda instead of soap to remove the excess oil. An MIT professor sells a product containing bacteria to prevent the development of sweat odor; he says he hasn’t showered for more than ten years.”

Rinse & rePeat:
Well that is very interesting. Can not bathing have any detriment, like staph infections?

RAY PEAT:
“The normal skin is generally more resistance to infection than excessively washed skin, because it produces multiple antibiotic substances that are easily washed away.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The e-mail exchange above is good to know for emergency situations when water is sparse!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals