WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis

Birdie

Oh I did, but he would get mad at me and do insulting haphazard attempts at things, like only brush his first two teeth and be done in seconds. I finally just had to take him to the dentist every couple of months to get cleanings. He will go to the gym jacuzzi and live in the same swimsuit after for days as if they were underwear. They would smell so bad I would just have to throw his clothes out. He would sleep in the same clothes day and night if I didn't nag him to change everyday. He moved in with his girlfriend. It was hard.
This is an entirely different situation than I imagined. Watching this kind of decline in your own father is really hard. So, he's living with the girlfriend. Hope this will help with the burden of it. You didn't rave about her though. ❤️

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What does it say?

There is no woman anxious to live a homeless situation, living in a van, with a person who has bad hygiene. So they have some issues themselves, like poor self esteem, they don't have other options or they are lazy themselves.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is an entirely different situation than I imagined. Watching this kind of decline in your own father is really hard. So, he's living with the girlfriend. Hope this will help with the burden of it. You didn't rave about her though. ❤️

No I didn't rave about her because she is in it for his money. My dad has been lazy about his hygiene to some extent, but this last 10+ years it has gotten worse. He likes being out in the bars karaoking EVERY night, and he use to get a lot of attention, which he thrives on, and he still does when he cleans up his act, cause he is fun and interesting. I sometimes see his sadness when he gets ignored, and it is his own fault not making himself presentable for the situation. He isn't a cripple or mentally ill, just lazy. He can complain about another person's faults, but he can't see his own, or smell his own, I should say ?

K

Kayaker

There is no woman anxious to live a homeless situation, living in a van, with a person who has bad hygiene. So they have some issues themselves, like poor self esteem, they don't have other options or they are lazy themselves.
What if he lives in a van because he didn't get the jab for his job?

Hugh Johnson

Women don't typically live with them. They just have relations with them, and they have their own money and place.

Nicole W.

"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance." -Ray Peat

There has always been inequality when it comes to physical appearance between men and women. The bar has always been unfairly higher for women, to look good, with men getting away with the bar being lower if they have money. Though misshapen bodies, hairless heads and wrinkles all play a part in a person's decline, I find uncleanliness to be the worst offender.

Yes women start getting sloppy or dowdy in their attire, but at least most try to disguise their unfortunate circumstances with make-up, baubles and perfume, men not so much. Men worry about not having enough hair when they're younger, but they really need to be worrying about too much hair when they are older. The scruff up to the eyeballs with unkempt smelly beards and greasy hair or comb-overs are doing them no favors. What is going on with these lazy people's appearances? When did the change happen from dressing up to go dinner to showing up in sweat pants and a t-shirt now? The word "sweat pants" alone should be the first clue you're getting lazy.

My dad was always a sharp dresser and a "ladies man". He was always active and cared about his physical abilities and strength. Then one day he showed up at my house and looked awful, and could barely walk. I had seen a slow decline in him over a ten years period, from living with a socially awkward woman, who liked watching movies all day everyday, but now not only did he get lazy, his hygiene was noticeably disgusting. His nails were now long and dirty and he did not enjoy long morning baths anymore either, and it was taking a toll on those around him. When he lived with me for awhile it was a fight to even get him to brush his teeth. What is the turning point that makes a person not care anymore about their appearance, yet still think they are eligible to date? How is their image in mirror so distorted that they think nothing is wrong, even when you tell them they smell awful? How do old people think it is appropriate to take their bath in a jacuzzi. How do they not know they smell like urine? Did they forget their own criticisms of the elderly in their youth?

Granted women don't try like they use to 50 years ago, to hide their physical misfortunes, but why do men not really try at all? What a shame too, cause after watching many of those "make-over" shows, I realize there are a lot of attractive men out there hiding under bad hygiene. It is no mystery to me why they can't get dates, and it says a lot about the women who date them regardless.
My father in law calls them his “dress” sweats ( as in a dress shirt) …as a joke but still wears them. Comfort becomes paramount and everything else fails in importance.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My father in law calls them his “dress” sweats ( as in a dress shirt) …as a joke but still wears them. Comfort becomes paramount and everything else fails in importance.

I really don't mind the clothing choices, though it is a shame that people don't care as much anymore, it is the unsanitary conditions that I am more concerned with, for everyone's sake.

K

Kayaker

I really don't mind the clothing choices, though it is a shame that people don't care as much anymore, it is the unsanitary conditions that I am more concerned with, for everyone's sake.
What if they are trying to avoid exposure to fluoride in water? ?

Cloudhands

I know people (someone in particular cane to mind) who sweat excessively, has terrible acne and stinks so bad i wont even allow him to come into my house, and when i was younger my mom would tell him he couldnt take his shoes off in her house lol. I know for a fact he showers everyday, goes to a dermatologist, takes special medicines and special shampoos and nothing works.
Myself on the other hand, showers a few times a week (2-4), just to tame my curly hair, but if i dont shower for long periods i dont really ever smell (i know this after going on longterm camping trips and being homeless for weeks at a time).
I think that sebum production only smells when it produces a bacterial overgrowth. I believe this is related to estrogen and cortisol dominance on the skin, relative to progesterone. People who are anxious tend to get clammy and stinky. I also know that some pheromones, like androsterone, smell irresistible to a certain population of women, and detestable to the rest. I dont know the cause of this, but its another way to look at things. But i agree, in our current culture of mcdonalds eating savages, i wouldnt share a public pool or jaccuzzi either. I think a good rule of thumb is if a person smells bad, dont spend to much time around them, theres probably a reason your body rejects them lol.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know people (someone in particular cane to mind) who sweat excessively, has terrible acne and stinks so bad i wont even allow him to come into my house, and when i was younger my mom would tell him he couldnt take his shoes off in her house lol. I know for a fact he showers everyday, goes to a dermatologist, takes special medicines and special shampoos and nothing works.
Myself on the other hand, showers a few times a week (2-4), just to tame my curly hair, but if i dont shower for long periods i dont really ever smell (i know this after going on longterm camping trips and being homeless for weeks at a time).
I think that sebum production only smells when it produces a bacterial overgrowth. I believe this is related to estrogen and cortisol dominance on the skin, relative to progesterone. People who are anxious tend to get clammy and stinky. I also know that some pheromones, like androsterone, smell irresistible to a certain population of women, and detestable to the rest. I dont know the cause of this, but its another way to look at things. But i agree, in our current culture of mcdonalds eating savages, i wouldnt share a public pool or jaccuzzi either. I think a good rule of thumb is if a person smells bad, dont spend to much
time around them, theres probably a reason your body rejects them lol.

That is more of an unfortunate situation. If you see that the person is dressed clean, and their nails are trimmed and clean and their hair isn't greasy then I wouldn't fault them, I feel sorry for someone dealing with bad acne and those unfortunate issues. You can tell who is trying and who isn't. I know a successful older person that smells terrible like urine from wearing the same clothes all of the time and never washing them. That is lazy.

K

Kayaker

I think that sebum production only smells when it produces a bacterial overgrowth. I believe this is related to estrogen and cortisol dominance on the skin, relative to progesterone. People who are anxious tend to get clammy and stinky. I also know that some pheromones, like androsterone, smell irresistible to a certain population of women, and detestable to the rest. I dont know the cause of this, but its another way to look at things. But i agree, in our current culture of mcdonalds eating savages, i wouldnt share a public pool or jaccuzzi either. I think a good rule of thumb is if a person smells bad, dont spend to much time around them, theres probably a reason your body rejects them lol.
He probably has an unfortunate combination of iron overload and sweating a lot. The iron would both feed bacteria on the skin and cause sebum to peroxidize. The smell is from stale oil and bacteria poop.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Other germs that live in hot tubs can also make you sick. Cryptosporidium causes GI infections with diarrhea. Legionella causes a severe type of pneumonia, or lung disease. Hot tubs might not be safe for pregnant women because they increase body temperature."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is part of a story from a man who almost died from sepsis....

"My fever broke, and the tests showed there wasn’t any brain damage. I was still in the hospital when my doctor told me I picked up some bacteria most likely from the hot tub. (Sepsis and Bacterial Infections) He told me if you’re diabetic you should never be in a hot tub. I never knew something so enjoyable almost killed me. After being released from the hospital, for weeks at home I was still on antibiotics. I finally got my strength back, and was able to return back to work. Believe me when I say that I never got into another hot tub, no matter how alluring they may be. Glory to GOD, for giving me a great health care team, who recognized the symptoms for sepsis, and antibiotics."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Interestingly, the results showed that changes in the gut ecosystem do not follow a linear relationship with age, but instead the difference between the gut microbiota of young adults and the elderly is very small compared to that observed between centenarians and adults 65 years of age and younger. The findings of this study suggest relative stability of the gut ecosystem until approximately age 65, after which the aging process begins to exert an effect.

Two major groups of bacteria, Bacteroidetes and Firmicutes, were the most prevalent residents of the gut across all the age groups, although there were significant changes in the relative proportion of the subgroups of Firmicutes in the centenarians. Firmicutes produce butyrate, a short chain fatty acid that serves as a major energy source for the body’s intestinal cells, and offers a protective role against inflammatory bowel disease. The researchers found lower quantities of butyrate producers in centenarians than in other age groups. In contrast, centenarians’ guts had a higher concentration of Proteobacteria, another bacterial group that, under some circumstances (e.g., inflammation), can induce disease. With regard to inflammation, the proportion of centenarians showing a high inflammation score was significantly greater than in the other age groups."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Why should E. coli have all the fun? Cryptosporidium is another feces-borne troublemaker.

Cryptosporidium, according to the CDC, holds the superlative of the leading cause of water-borne disease among humans in the United States. This infectious parasite, which causes the gastrointestinal illness cryptosporidiosis, is called crypto for short. Its outer shell makes it resilient to chlorine, meaning it can spread in pools as well as fresh water.

Cryptosporidiosis symptoms include watery diarrhea, stomach cramps or pain, dehydration, nausea, vomiting, fever, and weight loss. To prevent crypto transmission, the CDC says anyone with diarrhea should not swim, and those with a diagnosis of cryptosporidiosis should wait 2 weeks after the diarrhea has stopped to go swimming. In addition, children should not swim in diapers, and diapers should be changed far from the water’s edge. Importantly, the CDC strongly advises to avoid swallowing the water at pools, lakes, and other recreational swimming places."

[URL ="true"]https://www.mdlinx.com/article/7-da...thogens-to-watch-out-for-this-summer/lfc-4009[/URL]