WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Our results demonstrate that lifelong choline supplementation produces profound benefits and suggest that simply modifying diet throughout life may reduce AD pathology.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Radiation damage to the brain is most visible early in life, and in old age. In 1955, Alice Stewart showed that prenatal x-rays increase the incidence of brain cancer, leukemia, and other cancers. In 1967, a study in Japanese bomb survivors found that prenatal exposure to radiation had reduced their head size and brain size. In 1979, Sternglass and Bell showed extremely close correspondence between scores on the SAT and prenatal exposure to radiation.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 2F8D0752-8DCD-45DC-AA56-CE5EC3666FC2.jpeg
    2F8D0752-8DCD-45DC-AA56-CE5EC3666FC2.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Our innate immune system is perfectly competent for handling our normal stress-induced exposures to bacterial endotoxin, but as we accumulate the unstable fats, each exposure to endotoxin creates additional inflammatory stress by liberating stored fats. The brain has a very high concentration of complex fats, and is highly susceptible to the effects of lipid peroxidative stress, which become progressively worse as the unstable fats accumulate during aging.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“According to a 1989 study (Laura Manuelidis, neuropathology department at Yale), 13% of the people who had died from “Alzheimer’s disease” actually had CJD. Between 1979 and 2000, the number of people dying annually from Alzheimer’s disease increased 50-fold. Very competent neuropathologists differ radically in their descriptions of the dementia epidemic.”
-Ray Peat

“Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease Also called: CJD, subacute spongiform encephalopathy”

“A degenerative brain disorder that leads to dementia and death.
Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease may occur spontaneously, be inherited, or be transmitted by contact with infected tissue, such as during a transplant or from eating contaminated meat.“ -Google

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the prion diseases, the severely damaged brain appears to have a “pathological overactivity” of the serotonergic systems (Fraser, et al., 2003). This is an interesting parallel to Alzheimer’s disease, since it has been known for several years that the blood platelets have an increased tendency to release serotonin in that more common form of dementia. Serotonin itself is toxic to nerves, and is part of the adaptive system that gets out of control during prolonged inflammation. Serotonin is an important activator of the phospholipases.

The modification of proteins’ structure by glycosylation is involved in the development of the toxic form of the “prionic” protein, as well as in all the degenerative processes of aging. Until the ability to use sugar is impaired, cells produce enough carbon dioxide to protect proteins against random glycation, but with each exposure to free polyunsaturated fatty acids, the ability to use glucose is damaged. In the dementias, the brain has a greatly reduced ability to use glucose.

One of estrogen’s central effects is to shift metabolism away from the oxidation of glucose, decreasing carbon dioxide production. There is a much higher incidence of Alzheimer’s disease in women, and estrogen exposure exacerbates all of the changes that lead to it, such as shifts in nerve transmitters, increased vascular leakiness, and the increased production of the acute phase proteins.

Everything that is known about the “always fatal” prionic diseases, the diseases of disturbed protein folding, suggests that they can be avoided and even reversed by systematically reversing the processes that amplify inflammation.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“People who take aspirin, drink coffee, and use tobacco, have a much lower incidence of Alzheimer’s disease than people who don’t use those things. Caffeine inhibits brain phospholipase, making it neuroprotective in a wide spectrum of conditions. In recent tests, aspirin has been found to prevent the misfolding of the prion protein, and even to reverse the misfolded beta sheet conformation, restoring it to the harmless normal conformation. Nicotine might have a similar effect, preventing deposition of amyloid fibrils and disrupting those already formed (Ono, et al., 2002). Vitamin E, aspirin, progesterone, and nicotine also inhibit phospholipase, which contributes to their antiinflammatory action. Each of the amyloid-forming proteins probably has molecules that interfere with its toxic accumulation.

Thyroid hormone, vitamins A and E, niacinamide (to inhibit systemic lipolysis), magnesium, calcium, progesterone, sugar, saturated fats, and gelatin all contribute in basic ways to prevention of the inflammatory states that eventually lead to the amyloid diseases. The scarcity of degenerative brain disease in high altitude populations is consistent with a protective role for carbon dioxide.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Official” recommendations about salt, cholesterol, iron, unsaturated and saturated fats, and soybeans have generally been inappropriate, unscientific, and strongly motivated by business interests rather than by biological knowledge.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Drinking plain water can cause an extreme rise in blood pressure, especially in old people, and eating a meal (containing carbohydrate) lowers blood pressure.” -Ray Peat

Ideonaut

"Possibly the most toxic component of our environment is the way the society has been designed, to eliminate meaningful choices for most people. In the experiment of Freund, et al., some mice became more exploratory because of the choices they made, while others' lives became more routinized and limited. Our culture reinforces routinized living. In the absence of opportunities to vary the way you work and live to accord with new knowledge that you gain, the nutritional, hormonal and physical factors have special importance." -Ray Peat

There has always been inequality when it comes to physical appearance between men and women. The bar has always been unfairly higher for women, to look good, with men getting away with the bar being lower if they have money. Though misshapen bodies, hairless heads and wrinkles all play a part in a person's decline, I find uncleanliness to be the worst offender.

Yes women start getting sloppy or dowdy in their attire, but at least most try to disguise their unfortunate circumstances with make-up, baubles and perfume, men not so much. Men worry about not having enough hair when they're younger, but they really need to be worrying about too much hair when they are older. The scruff up to the eyeballs with unkempt smelly beards and greasy hair or comb-overs are doing them no favors. What is going on with these lazy people's appearances? When did the change happen from dressing up to go dinner to showing up in sweat pants and a t-shirt now? The word "sweat pants" alone should be the first clue you're getting lazy.

My dad was always a sharp dresser and a "ladies man". He was always active and cared about his physical abilities and strength. Then one day he showed up at my house and looked awful, and could barely walk. I had seen a slow decline in him over a ten years period, from living with a socially awkward woman, who liked watching movies all day everyday, but now not only did he get lazy, his hygiene was noticeably disgusting. His nails were now long and dirty and he did not enjoy long morning baths anymore either, and it was taking a toll on those around him. When he lived with me for awhile it was a fight to even get him to brush his teeth. What is the turning point that makes a person not care anymore about their appearance, yet still think they are eligible to date? How is their image in mirror so distorted that they think nothing is wrong, even when you tell them they smell awful? How do old people think it is appropriate to take their bath in a jacuzzi. How do they not know they smell like urine? Did they forget their own criticisms of the elderly in their youth?

Granted women don't try like they use to 50 years ago, to hide their physical misfortunes, but why do men not really try at all? What a shame too, cause after watching many of those "make-over" shows, I realize there are a lot of attractive men out there hiding under bad hygiene. It is no mystery to me why they can't get dates, and it says a lot about the women who date them regardless.
As an old man (72), I take some offense at this. I take a shower before using a public jacuzzi or swimming pool; it's just common sense. I never smell like urine, thank you, and I think that would be rather rare, encountered only in people who have real mental problems. I think you're guilty of presbyphobia with your generalizing. Baldness, hairiness, wrinkles? It just happens -- let old people be old! I don't think old women have any claim to superiority over old men in regard to hygiene or anything else. Old women tend to be physically weak (I'm still very strong), totally unsexy, and mental deadheads. Dating? I know quite a few people in their 70s but none who date. Get real!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
As an old man (72), I take some offense at this. I take a shower before using a public jacuzzi or swimming pool; it's just common sense. I never smell like urine, thank you, and I think that would be rather rare, encountered only in people who have real mental problems. I think you're guilty of presbyphobia with your generalizing. Baldness, hairiness, wrinkles? It just happens -- let old people be old! I don't think old women have any claim to superiority over old men in regard to hygiene or anything else. Old women tend to be physically weak (I'm still very strong), totally unsexy, and mental deadheads. Dating? I know quite a few people in their 70s but none who date. Get real!
The warning was FOR you, not ABOUT you. I am not much younger than you, so please don’t be offended by generalizations and facts that don’t pertain to you and me. You and I are exceptions to the rules of what everyone is doing, be well and not angry. This thread wasn’t to hate my father and his lazy habits that have made him ill, his habits were early signs of worse things to come, had I only known better.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Several years ago I met an old couple, who were only a few years apart in age, but the wife looked many years younger than her doddering old husband. She was from the Philippines, and she remarked that she always had to cook two meals at the same time, because her husband couldn't adapt to her traditional food. Three times every day, she still prepared her food in coconut oil. Her apparent youth increased my interest in the effects of coconut oil.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“As far as the evidence goes, it suggests that coconut oil, added regularly to a balanced diet, lowers cholesterol to normal by promoting its conversion into pregnenolone. (The coconut family contains steroids that resemble pregnenolone, but these are probably mostly removed when the fresh oil is washed with water to remove the enzymes which would digest the oil.) Coconut-eating cultures in the tropics have consistently lower cholesterol than people in the U.S. Everyone that I know who uses coconut oil regularly happens to have cholesterol levels of about 160, while eating mainly cholesterol rich foods (eggs, milk, cheese, meat, shellfish). I encourage people to eat sweet fruits, rather than starches, if they want to increase their production of cholesterol, since fructose has that effect.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The length of the life-span, and of the period of youth or immaturity, is closely associated with the size of the brain, and the brain has a very high rate of metabolism. When something interferes with this very high metabolic rate, the consequences may be instantanteous,* or developmental, or chronic and degenerative, or even transgenerational.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Hypothyroid people tend to lose sodium easily, and unopposed estrogen increases water retention, without an equivalent sodium retention, so low thyroid, high estrogen people have two of the conditions (edema and hyponatremia) known to predispose to seizures. Another outstanding feature of seizures of various sorts is that they are most likely to occur at night, especially in the early pre-dawn hours. Low blood sugar and high adrenalin predominate during those hours. Hypoglycemia, in itself, like oxygen deprivation, is enough to cause convulsions.

Progesterone and thyroid promote normal energy production, and their deficiency causes a tendency toward hypoglycemia, edema and instability of nerves. “ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“As I have discussed previously, progesterone alone has brought people out of post-epileptic dementia and senile dementia, but it is reasonable to use a combined physiological approach, including thyroid.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals