WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The most highly unsaturated fats, including DHA, accumulate with aging, and their toxic fragments are increased in Alzheimer's disease.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Women on average have more DHA circulating in the serum than men (Giltay, et al., 2004; McNamara, et al., 2008; Childs, et al., 2008). This highly unsaturated fatty acid is the first to be liberated from the fat stores under stress, and, biologically, the meaning of estrogen is to mimic stress. Estrogen and polyunsaturated fatty acids have similar actions on cells, increasing their water content and calcium uptake. Long before the Women's Health Initiative reported in 2002 that the use of estrogen increased the risk of dementia, it was known that the incidence of Alzhemer's disease was 2 or 3 times higher in women than in men. Men with Alzheimer's disease have higher levels of estrogen than normal men (Geerlings, et al., 2006). The amount of DHA in the brain (and other tissues) increases with aging, and its breakdown products, including neuroprostanes, are associated with dementia. Higher levels of DHA and total PUFA are found in the plasma of demented patients (Laurin, et al., 2003).“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Maintaining a high rate of oxidative metabolism, without calorie restriction, retards the accumulation of PUFA, and a high metabolic rate is associated with longevity. An adequate amount of sugar maintains both a high rate of metabolism, and a high respiratory quotient, i.e., high production of carbon dioxide. Mole rats, bats, and queen bees, with an unusually great longevity, are chronically exposed to high levels of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide forms carbamino bonds with the amino groups of proteins, inhibiting their reaction with the reactive "glycating" fragments of PUFA.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Aging and stress increase some of the inflammatory mediators, tending to reduce the barrier function of the bowel, letting larger amounts of bacterial toxins enter the bloodstream, interfering with energy metabolism, creating inflammatory vicious circles of increasing leakiness and inflammation.

Often people visualize something like a sausage casing when they think of the intestine, but when the intestine is becoming inflamed its wall may swell to become an inch thick. As it thickens, the channel narrows to a few millimeters in diameter, and may even close in some regions. In the swollen, edematous, inflamed condition the contractile mechanism of the smooth muscle is impaired. The failure of contraction is caused by the same structural changes that increase permeability. (Garcia, et al., 1996; Skarsgard, et al., 2000; Plaku and von der Weid, 2006; Uray, et al., 2006; Miller and Sims, 1986; Schouten, et al., 2008; Gosling, et al., 2000.)

Obviously, in the very swollen, structurally deformed intestine, with almost no lumen, neither a stimulant nor a simple fibrous bulk could restore functioning, because even with stimulation the smooth muscle is unable to contract, and the closed channel won’t admit bulk. Even gas is sometimes unable to pass through the inflamed intestine. Mechanical thinking about the intestine fails when inflammation is involved; now that inflammation is known to play an important role in Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease, it will be more acceptable to consider its role in constipation.“
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In youth, the mineralization of the collagen framework is slightly lower than in maturity, and the bones are more flexible. With aging, the mineralization increases progressively, and the proportion of collagen decreases slightly, and the bones become increasingly brittle. (Rogers, et al., 1952; Mbuyi-Muamba, et al., 1987).

Collagen is a major part of the extracellular substance everywhere in the body, and its concentration increases with aging in the non-calcified tissues. There is considerable renewal and modification of collagen, as new molecules are formed and old molecules broken down, but its average structure changes with aging, becomes less soluble and more rigid, as the result of chemical cross-links formed between molecules. These cross-links are involved in regulating the differentiation of bone cells (Turecek, et al., 2008). Recently (August 2, 2011), Deasey et al., have published evidence showing that cross-linking is required for bone mineralization (2011).

The outstanding physical-chemical property of bone is that it is a reservoir-buffer of carbon dioxide, able to bind huge amounts of the gas into its structure.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Discussions about whether a certain person's osteoporosis is "menopausal osteoporosis" or "senile osteoporosis" have neglected the possibility that osteoporosis doesn't begin in either menopause or old age, but that it is the result of life-long developmental processes that interact with all the factors that are involved in aging. The fact that the collagen content of old bone is lower than in young bone (as a percentage of bone weight) shows that the problem in osteoporosis isn't a lack of calcification, it's a deficiency of tissue renewal, parallel to sarcopenia, the decrease of muscle mass with aging. Systemically decreased tissue renewal would account for the association of bone loss with other processes such as male baldness (Morton, et al., 2007) and Alzheimer's disease (Zhou, et al., 2011, Duthie, et al., 2011).“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A roundup of 29 different studies published last year showed no connection between dairy intake and heart disease or death of any kind. Another study published in July followed more than 2,900 American adults for more than two decades and found that people who consumed full-fat dairy had no greater risk of dying from any cause than anyone else.

Banach and his colleagues have now gone even further, and found that dairy isn't just harmless, it might even be helpful. When the researchers dove into six years of data on 24,474 middle-aged Americans, they determined that eating dairy was associated with a 2% reduced risk of death overall. Consumption of cheese was associated with the best outcome: an 8% lower total mortality risk.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Adults aged 60 and older who sit for long periods watching TV or other such passive, sedentary behaviors may be at increased risk of developing dementia, according to a new study by USC and University of Arizona researchers.

Their study also showed that the risk is lower for those who are active while sitting, such as when they read or use computers.

The study was published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. It also revealed that the link between sedentary behavior and dementia risk persisted even among participants who were physically active.

“It isn’t the time spent sitting, per se, but the type of sedentary activity performed during leisure time that impacts dementia risk,” said study author David Raichlen, professor of biological sciences and anthropology at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Darkness is stressful and catabolic. For example, in aging people, the morning urine contains nearly all of the calcium lost during the 24 hour period, and mitochondria are especially sensitive to the destructive effects of darkness.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“With aging, the metabolic rate declines, and the increase of cholesterol with aging is probably a spontaneous regulatory process, supporting the synthesis of the protective steroids, especially the neurosteroids in the brain and retina.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My father has dementia. In 2019 he came to me barely able to walk and didn’t remember his granddaughter or his ex-wife, he was was almost on death’s door. I knew nothing about his condition. Remarkably him staying with me, so I could desperately save him, he got better within a couple of weeks. During those months I noticed right away that he would regress when we would go out to a restaurant and he would eat his favorite fish tacos. He would get silent after eating, wouldn’t converse like he did before the meal and wanted to go home and sleep. It would take a good 36+ hours to get back to normal again, with just one meal of starches.

I kept him for 3 months and he lost 27 pounds and went back to his life, singing karaoke with his friends. I gave him and girlfriend strict instructions to keep him away from grains, but after one splurge he couldn’t remember the instructions anymore and she was too lazy and cheap to care to to feed him properly.

In that 2019 struggle with his health, those that didn’t live in my household with him could not believe that his memory loss was from grains, because every time he left my house to go back to his life he would stop and get his precious fish tacos, and would have all the symptoms of dementia by the time he got there, an hour later, and then he would sleep his days away. I would then get him back and do it all over again. So I am glad to finally see this documentary validating what I have been saying since 2019, Alzheimer’s patients need to stay away from grains period, and those that don’t want Alzheimer’s beware……

joaquin

My father has dementia. In 2019 he came to me barely able to walk and didn’t remember his granddaughter or his ex-wife, he was was almost on death’s door. I knew nothing about his condition. Remarkably him staying with me, so I could desperately save him, he got better within a couple of weeks. During those months I noticed right away that he would regress when we would go out to a restaurant and he would eat his favorite fish tacos. He would get silent after eating, wouldn’t converse like he did before the meal and wanted to go home and sleep. It would take a good 36+ hours to get back to normal again, with just one meal of starches.

I kept him for 3 months and he lost 27 pounds and went back to his life, singing karaoke with his friends. I gave him and girlfriend strict instructions to keep him away from grains, but after one splurge he couldn’t remember the instructions anymore and she was too lazy and cheap to care to to feed him properly.

In that 2019 struggle with his health, those that didn’t live in my household with him could not believe that his memory loss was from grains, because every time he left my house to go back to his life he would stop and get his precious fish tacos, and would have all the symptoms of dementia by the time he got there, an hour later, and then he would sleep his days away. I would then get him back and do it all over again. So I am glad to finally see this documentary validating what I have been saying since 2019, Alzheimer’s patients need to stay away from grains period, and those that don’t want Alzheimer’s beware……

That is fascinating. When your father is staying with you, what would be the things you feed him? And also, what foods would you not?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That is fascinating. When your father is staying with you, what would be the things you feed him? And also, what foods would you not?
I only kept him from grains. Otherwise it was higher protein, raw whole milk and fruit. Everyday I would make him a fruit milkshake with raw milk, frozen fruit, lots of white sugar, a little vanilla extract and a pinch of flakes finishing salt. He would want it every morning and it was a good almost three cups worth. The rest of the day was scrambled eggs and ketchup, homemade bone broth soups, macadamia nuts for snaking, chocolate, wings, shrimp, grass-fed beef, fish, cheese plates and such. Everyone in my world said, “ he doesn’t have Alzheimer’s.” One day his brother kept him while I was away for a couple of days, and where his grain loving brother didn’t believe me and fed him grains anyways, this one particular day they were gonna be out all day and night and he was worried how my dad was gonna get past breakfast. So he decided to heed my words and gave him just a protein breakfast minus the toast and off they went out, with him being perfectly normal and energetic. After shopping all morning and early afternoon they stopped for a late lunch with my dad suggesting fish tacos, as always. My uncle said by the time they got back in the car to carry on with the rest of their day, my father was quiet, and only nodding yes and no to questions and wanted to go home. He sept the rest of the day until the next morning. Finally his brother was convinced that the grains were causing his memory issues.

joaquin

I know that corn knocks me for a loop. Recently I've been having steel cut oats hoping for some itch relief. Are those good, or no?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know that corn knocks me for a loop. Recently I've been having steel cut oats hoping for some itch relief. Are those good, or no?

A few years back I had a rash on my forearm that would flare up with a vengeance when I ate certain foods, and corn was one of the worst offenders, and why wouldn’t they? Corn is one of the most altered foods we have. As far as the oats go I buy sprouted oats for oatmeal. You can buy sprouted popcorn too! The texture is so delicate and wonderful, and so so easy on the digestion.

Attachments

• 2C06FB31-6CBC-4D26-9DFA-587FF925BACC.jpeg
    2C06FB31-6CBC-4D26-9DFA-587FF925BACC.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 2

joaquin

A few years back I had a rash on my forearm that would flare up with a vengeance when I ate certain foods, and corn was one of the worst offenders, and why wouldn’t they? Corn is one of the most altered foods we have. As far as the oats go I buy sprouted oats for oatmeal. You can buy sprouted popcorn too! The texture is so delicate and wonderful, and so so easy on the digestion.
Sprouted is better than steel cut?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Sprouted is better than steel cut?
In an interview I posted elsewhere, Ray Peat says yes, sprouted is very good, and better because it becomes more of a plant food rather than a grain/starch, and won’t take minerals from the body like unsprouted grains do. People that eat grains and don’t get enough calcium usually get a lot of bone and teeth problems too.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Of course there is also the possibility of somehow manually contaminating the spout of the container with unwashed hands, which significantly changes the species that may be there. While the normal flora from your skin isn’t cause for undue concern, unwashed hands bring the risk of fecal contamination. Due to the nature of fecal-oral transmission you could expect to see Escherichia coli, which could potentially grow at lower temperatures in the almond milk. Given weeks on end to grow in the container, it could then possibly induce illness when ingested.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals