WARNING: CO2-related Death

Drareg

Hypercapnia - Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Hypercapnia can induce increased cardiac output, an elevation in arterial blood pressure, and a propensity toward arrhythmias.[4][5] In severe hypercapnia (generally PaCO2 greater than 10 kPa or 75 mmHg), symptomatology progresses to disorientation, panic, hyperventilation, convulsions, unconsciousness, and eventually death.[6][7]

Hypercapnia and hypokalemia in near-death experiences

HYPERCAPNIA will lead to death. It is known by every COPD patient who experience constant panic attacks and NDEs on a regular basis if ventilation stays impaired.

POT smokers experience that also. You know of that paranoia from pot , this is high CO2 thing.

COPD and Panic Attacks

read the comment section on this. For those who can't accept that high CO2 will cause a panic attack.

Jim Ragsdale
My wife has Stage IV Copd with an FEV1 of 16%. She has been having horrible numbers of full blown panic attacks. The psychiatrist has her on 2 anti depressants and increasing Ativan with very little success. An exacerbation stopped her first psychologist appointment to use cognitive behavior therapy.
During the recovery phase after the initial day of the exacerbation, she was given a bipap overnight treatment while in the midst of a major panic attack. Within about 30 seconds the panic attack not only subsided, it ended completely.

I have researched this phenomenon and while I find lots of evidence of increased CO2 levels causing increased acidosis of her blood and lots of studies showing increased acidosis causing panic attacks in both healthy people (add 5% CO2 to their air supply) as well in COPD patients.

As I stated in some CO2 threads. Resp alklaosis or resp acidsosis will lead to its own imbalances. and some people need to lower their CO2 levels, since they hypoventilate and some people have to increase CO2 since they hyperventilate.

There is no one single case of people for whom CO2 is great. Kyphosis scoliosis person should never drink CO2 water or take CO2 and increase metabolism while staying idle sitting at home. NEver should eat much sugar. Kyphosis scoliosis person needs to eat once a day at night. And swim swim and swim hyperventilating daily. Otherwise that person will have full blown panic attacks since his bicarbonate levels will be so so high to compensate this very high base level of CO2. and this CO2 will fluctuate greately within 10%, this will cause moments of severe alkalosis. For which people say breath in a bag to get rid of panic attack. This is where it all came from. That is why people think CO2 and bag breathing is against panic attacks.

But the actual disorder is from very high base level of CO2 which causes very high bicarbonate compensation. LIke CO2 could be in 70s in blood and bicarbonate could be in 45-50s. Then in the moments of high stress this person ventilates properly all of a sudden and boom you get CO2 to 45-50 , but bicarbonate will take 3 days to adjust ( kidneys are slow). And you get severe alkalosis. Which can cause seizures since ionized calcium goes way down.

This is similar to posthypercapnic alkalosis which caused many deaths until people learnt how to control it

This is why when you sit at home for a long time and eat, and then if you decide to come out outside on the street you have panic attacks or anxiety. This i s very often with programmers, they can sit at home for days programming code. They hypoventilate all this time and eat sugar. then they go outside and shake like crazy for 3-5 days, until their body adjusts bicarbonate levels.

More strawman hyperbole and a cherry picked context in attempt to sound authoritive in the name of selling 150 euro hair analyses kits.
The lady is taken 2 anti depressants which you completely over look,possibly more meds on top of this,you have no clue what caused her panic attack. You can’t define what she has as a panic attack,you have no clue lol!

Is there one person on this forum who believes that elevating thyroid or co2 as high possible has any merit in reality? Are all of you for real? What does as high as possible even mean?

Drareg

I've been told of a person who recently died in some way related to using a CO2 tank. I don't know any details beyond that, but I wanted to warn anyone that's trying to boost CO2 with outside factors.

Is this guy “peaty” and the reasoning for the post?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Is this guy “peaty” and the reasoning for the post?
I know almost nothing about the person, but I think they were familiar with the "pay attention to metabolism and CO2" world. So that's why I posted, based on the belief that the person was probably using the tank for some metabolic purpose, not just something like drink carbonation.

Drareg

I know almost nothing about the person, but I think they were familiar with the "pay attention to metabolism and CO2" world. So that's why I posted, based on the belief that the person was probably using the tank for some metabolic purpose, not just something like drink carbonation.

Same thing will happen with fasting soon,it’s now been encouraged on here to do a 40 day fast on water only,there are stories from people obsessively avoiding salt and dying also.
It seems culture is the main sickness in all of this.

aarfai

I put pure co2 into a paper lunch paper and breath into it several times a day. Would you consider this too much? It is uncomfortable for the first couple breaths but things die down.

jitsmonkey

[QUOTE="Drareg, post: 273411, member: 3782

It seems culture is the main sickness in all of this.[/QUOTE]

finally something sensible.

Constatine

Same thing will happen with fasting soon,it’s now been encouraged on here to do a 40 day fast on water only,there are stories from people obsessively avoiding salt and dying also.
It seems culture is the main sickness in all of this.
A 40 day water fast was encouraged??!?

Constatine

Under the influence of thyroid hormone, the cell retains a greater proportion of magnesium and sodium, and it preferentially excretes potassium and calcium. I've certainly experienced "milk cravings," which could be protein, lactose, calcium, or sodium cravings. In Mind and Tissue, Dr. Peat talks about how the orienting reflex involves itself in satiety, where the organism pursues and integrates a food into his structure and thereby facilitates a certain period of growth that's needed based on the current context.

Under the harmful effects of prolactin in hypothyroidism, hypo-osmolar conditions in the cell necessitates a craving for starch (devoid of water content) and salt (both to replace that lost through insufficient carbon dioxide production and to shift the cell toward a hyper-osmolar state.)
Thanks.
We even had people sleeping with masks strapped on LOL. Bad stuff is bound to happen.
What ever happened to common sense?

yerrag

I put pure co2 into a paper lunch paper and breath into it several times a day. Would you consider this too much? It is uncomfortable for the first couple breaths but things die down.
Ray has talked about CO2 in a balloon, and placing the balloon over a wound, to accelerate healing. Or just over skin, to permeate internally. But use of a paper bag has been mentioned only for bag breathing.

tastyfood

Ray has talked about CO2 in a balloon, and placing the balloon over a wound, to accelerate healing. Or just over skin, to permeate internally. But use of a paper bag has been mentioned only for bag breathing.

Ray has talked about getting in a big trash bag filled with CO2.

tastyfood

The one thing I'm missing from all these recent CO2 recommendations is: where the heck does someone get a ABG (arterial blood gas) test? Seems like something I can't get without going through a doctor/hospital.

yerrag

The one thing I'm missing from all these recent CO2 recommendations is: where the heck does someone get a ABG (arterial blood gas) test? Seems like something I can't get without going through a doctor/hospital.
If you've had one, it's usually in a hospital. It's painful, though I haven't experienced it myself nor want to. Probably explains why it's hard to find outside the hospital. It also requires more qualified training to obtain blood samples from the artery, as opposed to obtaining from the vein.

Last edited:

tastyfood

If you've had one, it's usually in a hospital. It's painful, though I haven't experienced it myself not want to. Probably explains why it's hard to find outside the hospital. It also requires more qualified training to obtain blood samples from the artery, as opposed to obtaining from the vein.

From what I can read, they send you to get one of these tests if you report a serious respiratory problem. It is already difficult to ask your doctor to test your thyroid, imagine something like this.

yerrag

Manwe

Some people may get seizures from too much CO2 elevation in the brain. If that seizure affects the brain stem, a person can easily die. But it is only applicable for people who breath so much CO2 they faint.

Do you have a reference for that? In most contexts, even very high levels of CO2 up to 5% have been shown to protect animals and people from seizures.

5% CO₂ inhalation suppresses hyperventilation-induced absence seizures in children. - PubMed - NCBI
5% CO2 is a potent, fast acting inhalation anticonvulsant
Stopping Seizures With Carbon Dioxide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals