Warning about ionizers

I was using a very large ionizer in a small bedroom. Over a few weeks I have had shortness of breath during the day.

I shut off the ionizer and the shortness of breath resolved within a few days.

Leading me to believe that ionizers are good but not too much. As always, the dose can make the poison.

I think the ionizer is fine, but of course it could be producing ozone and that could be the culprit. All I know is that it is not a good idea to have a powerful ionizer in a small room.

GodsHound

What brand? Did you notice a smell of ozone?

I got a vintage Mountain Breeze ioniser and noticed an ozone smell after 24hrs in a small room. I think there are some well designed devices (mystic marvels, wein) that produce virtually no ozone but I don’t know how that is achieved.

RealNeat

was it bipolar? I heard of people using Wein that its so powerful it messes with electronics in their office space or room, sometimes frying them. Anyone have experience?

JamesGatz

The one at my old job gave me ozone toxicity even just after 5 minutes

the one I have now I could have on for hours and only experience positive benefits -

i'm guessing Ozone output differs wildly depending on the type you have and instinctively you can tell when Ozone output is not good

If your lungs hurt when being near it then I think thats the best sign its not good

Last edited:

JamesGatz

Im actually concerned now because I believe my ionizer has been making me stressed and engaging in erratic behavior but it also gives me a good metabolic boost so I don't know instinctively I feel its net positive

Whenever I turn it on I swear I just start laughing to myself and start ranting on this forum in all caps I can't tell if its a positive/negative thing literally

I remember in my old job those ionizers would give me migraines and lung pain so that one was bad but my current one doesn't

Last edited:

JamesGatz

Yea nevermind

Just found out if your ionizer is giving off the "fresh air" smell (mine was) its outputting ozone - mine is no good then and has been making me engaged in stressed out behavior

79DA7210-B27D-4C4C-A114-7FD5CC93F3CA.jpeg

Does anyone have a link to the projector that outputs no ozone? Its sold out everywhere I look

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I have had no problems with the Wein models that Ray's friend recommended. I couldn't find the older model but the new one causes no interference with electronics and will only shock you if you place it very close to metal.

With such ionizers, I am not sure that a couple in a small room would be a problem since they produce no ozone.

craighealth

I was using a very large ionizer in a small bedroom. Over a few weeks I have had shortness of breath during the day.

I shut off the ionizer and the shortness of breath resolved within a few days.

Leading me to believe that ionizers are good but not too much. As always, the dose can make the poison.

I think the ionizer is fine, but of course it could be producing ozone and that could be the culprit. All I know is that it is not a good idea to have a powerful ionizer in a small room.
Pretty good info here: Air Ionizer Dangers: Are Ionic Air Purifiers Safe? - Modern Castle

Warrior

Most of them are crap. A pure negative ion generator is a amazing investment and life changing for many, many ailments. Air purity is always the first port of call for anyone who presents with breathing issues, especially whilst sleeping.

A lot on the market output ozone or have some kind of other quirks or glitch that makes them ineffective. Essential oils can also be nigh on miraculous for things such as snoring as well as inducing theta brainwaves.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals