Warming foods

iLoveSugar

Besides dairy, what are some very warming foods? My feet and body are always particularly cold. Not a big fan of fruit, AT ALL, but will do what I need. Just looking for ideas of some particularly warming food.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Salt, coffee, gelatin.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I usually cook with coconut oil, is that what you are referring to? Or just eating a bite here and there plain? I'm currently eating no starches, and mashed potatoes have always been my achilles heal. I'm trying to eliminate digestive and constipation issues. Salt, coffee, gelatin - thank you. Usually I have coffee, sugar, and half/half. Any good ratio guidelines to follow; or just pretty much by taste?

Peata

I have ratios about like this: 1 c. milk warmed with 1 T. gelatin. ~ Add about 1 c. hot coffee. ~ 4 t. sugar ~ 1/2 - 1 t. coconut oil ~ salt to taste (salt makes it taste like caramel)

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks for the recipe; I just used it. I made that, along with about an 1/8th pound of liver, and just hit a 98.53 temp which is great for me. I feel warm too. Now - to keep it up...

Peata

A while ago, I had 5 green olives, 1.5 oz. cheese, and an orange. I've been nicely warm ever since.

Jenn

Chicken neck broth (thyroid) was the ultimate in noticeably warm toes for me. Otherwise, potatoes (homemade French fries or potato soup) and coffee with SUGAR and gelatin with some milk or cream are my go to for keeping warm. Eating just a little at a time, frequently helps too. I find dairy to be cooling all by itself. I don't drink it in winter, except in things.

SAFarmer

Jenn said:
Chicken neck broth (thyroid) was the ultimate in noticeably warm toes for me.
I must really try that ! Thanks.
Jenn said:
I find dairy to be cooling all by itself. I don't drink it in winter, except in things.
So that's why my hands and feet temps drop like a stone after I had my cup of milk coffee ! That's a bummer. I like it so much :(