Warming foods

iLoveSugar

Besides dairy, what are some very warming foods? My feet and body are always particularly cold. Not a big fan of fruit, AT ALL, but will do what I need. Just looking for ideas of some particularly warming food.

iLoveSugar

I usually cook with coconut oil, is that what you are referring to? Or just eating a bite here and there plain? I'm currently eating no starches, and mashed potatoes have always been my achilles heal. I'm trying to eliminate digestive and constipation issues. Salt, coffee, gelatin - thank you. Usually I have coffee, sugar, and half/half. Any good ratio guidelines to follow; or just pretty much by taste?

Peata

I have ratios about like this: 1 c. milk warmed with 1 T. gelatin. ~ Add about 1 c. hot coffee. ~ 4 t. sugar ~ 1/2 - 1 t. coconut oil ~ salt to taste (salt makes it taste like caramel)

iLoveSugar

Thanks for the recipe; I just used it. I made that, along with about an 1/8th pound of liver, and just hit a 98.53 temp which is great for me. I feel warm too. Now - to keep it up...

Peata

A while ago, I had 5 green olives, 1.5 oz. cheese, and an orange. I've been nicely warm ever since.

Jenn

Chicken neck broth (thyroid) was the ultimate in noticeably warm toes for me. Otherwise, potatoes (homemade French fries or potato soup) and coffee with SUGAR and gelatin with some milk or cream are my go to for keeping warm. Eating just a little at a time, frequently helps too. I find dairy to be cooling all by itself. I don't drink it in winter, except in things.

SAFarmer

Jenn said:
Chicken neck broth (thyroid) was the ultimate in noticeably warm toes for me.
I must really try that ! Thanks.
Jenn said:
I find dairy to be cooling all by itself. I don't drink it in winter, except in things.
So that's why my hands and feet temps drop like a stone after I had my cup of milk coffee ! That's a bummer. I like it so much :(

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ScurveDream Is Manually Heating/warming The Body A Good Approach? Sharing All Of My "implementations." Ask For Help or Advice 2
E How Global Warming Is Awakening Deadly Diseases Society 4
H #05: Bioenergetic News And Q&A - Global Warming, Serotonin, Dopamine, Nitric Oxide, Depression, BPA Miscellaneous Health Discussions 16
haidut The "Global Warming" Is Actually A Cooling And Is Due To Solar EMF Changes Scientific Studies 85
Queequeg The Great Global Warming Poll Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 101
charlie Global Warming Scam - "The Debate's Over Folks." Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 151
ecstatichamster Anyone Tried Warming Up Their Gut Experiments 14
N Lord Charles Monckton, Andrew Murray, And Dr. Ray Peat: Global Warming Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 15
charlie Scientists Finally Admit Climate Models Are Failing To Predict Global Warming Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 52
CellularIconoclast Super Warming Hashbrowns Recipes 6
W Healthy Warming vs. Unhealthy Warming Ask For Help or Advice 4
Hans Top 6 Anti-Constipation Foods (#1 is a must eat) Articles & Scientific Studies 30
Velve921 New OJ at Whole Foods Is Sweeter Fruits & Fruit Juice 16
PeatBull Foods that rhyme Recipes 2
D Anti Estrogenic Foods and Supplements Diet 3
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 29
RealNeat Safety of animal foods compromised by vaccination? Animals 2
Geronimo Foods I Like That Like Me Diet 3
Adrienlcrx Sprouted Foods Diet 2
Hans Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury Articles & Scientific Studies 52
R J Manganese Foods For Dog Diet, Recipes 9
B Backpacking Foods Ask For Help or Advice 6
Hgreen56 There Is Plastic In Every Honey That Exists (and Other Foods) Diet, Recipes 16
Hgreen56 Foods With High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) Contains More Kcal Than Mentioned On Label? Diet, Recipes 8
D Now That Whole Foods Doesn't Offer Bulk Herbs Where Are You Getting Yours ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Should One Avoid High Vit A Foods If They Have Taken Accutane In Their Life? A 12
Twohandsondeck Anti-Peat Liver And Oysters Aren't Health Foods? Debate - Anti-Peat 37
wealthofwisdom What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet? Diet 49
K Foods/supplements To Avoid And Add For P450 Regulation? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Foods That Can Help To Heal The Liver Articles & Scientific Studies 24
Hgreen56 Hot Foods Or Drinks Makes Me Tired, Hot Temperature Increase Serotonin? Diet 0
V Foods With A Good Glycine / Methionine Ratio Diet 1
Hans The Peat Ratio Of Foods (Glycine Vs Methionine, Cysteine And Tryptophan) Discussing Dietary Models 29
K Foraging Wild Foods Fruits 7
A Night Terrors/Sleep Disturbances/Irritability After Eating Starch/other Foods (Ex Carnivore) Digestion 10
N Phytic Acid & Interactions With Other Foods Miscellaneous Health Discussions 17
S Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice Ask For Help or Advice 15
Digital Samurai Safe Foods? Can't Find Many. How Do I Get Out Of This? Digestion 2
Max. (Preppers Topic) Stockpiling For Coronavirus, Best Foods, Meds, Etc? Ask For Help or Advice 48
Hans Best Foods To Increase Dopamine Articles 25
C Acidic Foods Trigger Seb Derm? Skin 2
Hans List Of Aromatase Inhibiting Foods Articles 21
A.D. Foods For Family Member With Type 2 Diabetes Diet 2
J Blending Foods/fruits Is It Okay? Digestion 1
Hans 15 Foods To Increase DHT Articles 21
Such_Umami Peat Friendly Indian Takeaway Foods Ask For Help or Advice 3
Hans Top 12 Foods To Boost Testosterone Articles 54
haidut Emulsifiers Found In Most Commercial Foods Cause Brain Tumors, Hemorrhage, And Stroke Scientific Studies 2
M Copper And Zinc Foods? Diet 43
Lenny Opinions On "mainstream" Health Boosting Foods? Ask For Help or Advice 1