Wanting To Eat Sugar Too Often

L

Lord Cola

For the past few weeks, I haven't been eating very much fat, because it has not been appetizing. Since about last week, I have frequently been feeling very hungry, and have had to constantly consume sugar (e.g. orange juice) to satiate the hunger. In terms of sugar, I have been drinking a gallon of orange juice, and about 3 quarts of milk a day on average the past week.

I feel the best I've felt in a very long time, but that's a lot of sugar, and a lot of food in general. I have a hunch that some aspects of my body are not working as well as they could be, therefore causing the high food requirement. If anyone had similar experiences, I would love to know if you found anything that could make your metabolism more efficient.

Waremu

For the past few weeks, I haven't been eating very much fat, because it has not been appetizing. Since about last week, I have frequently been feeling very hungry, and have had to constantly consume sugar (e.g. orange juice) to satiate the hunger. In terms of sugar, I have been drinking a gallon of orange juice, and about 3 quarts of milk a day on average the past week.

I feel the best I've felt in a very long time, but that's a lot of sugar, and a lot of food in general. I have a hunch that some aspects of my body are not working as well as they could be, therefore causing the high food requirement. If anyone had similar experiences, I would love to know if you found anything that could make your metabolism more efficient.

I recovered and was my slimmest weight when I decided to eat high sugar, moderate protein, low fat. But hit a wall when I wasn't meeting increased metabolic demands with more zinc, and other nutrients. People will react differently to different macro-nutrient ratios when coming from poor eating, depending on what health issues they have. I went through periods where I, for example, experimented and I traded in sugar for starch and things got better, but then got worse again. Most of my underlying problems were from endotoxin/serotonin, low bile/stomach acid production and thus poor digestion, and sluggish liver followed by slight MTFHR which means I needed to eat more methyl donors than the average person. So I ended up getting off the starchy foods again, focused on fruits, lean proteins, and mostly gelatin and goat milk for protein, and just upped the amount of choline, folate, and other nutrients I needed (Riboflavin, b12, zinc, etc.) and just made sure that I got enough of all at each meal spread throughout the day. A lot of the issues with regards to methylation problems improved. Digestion improved as well. I am currently in the middle of the road when it comes to the research on fiber and stomach bacteria. I think more needs to be done in that area as we don't fully understand the microbiome. Much of the research of the last century is moving from genetics into the microbiome so much of the research so far is still a relatively recent undertaking. There is much we still do not understand. So instead of doing no fiber or a bunch of fiber, I just up the peat recommended fibers and get a diversity of them in my diet and otherwise outside of that eat a 'no fiber' diet. So plenty of carrots, bamboo shoots each day and sometimes mushrooms, to keep things moving, but not overburdening my system with starchy food-derived fibers. It is also my experience that some fiber and some fat is important for bile acid production (in conjunction to certain nutrients), so I keep it safe with those fiber foods and some fat, but do not go crazy on my fat intake as well. I think the only fiber I will eat outside of the carrots and bamboo shoots and mushrooms is well cooked organic spinach, to meet my high demands for choline/betaine. 2-4 parts of spinach saves me from having to get it from too many eggs which adds too much PUFA for me, personally, for my low PUFA goals. Peat is in favor of well cooked spinach as well (cooking reduces oxalates, and a little calcium from milk helps bind them). I find that I need at least 8-10 egg equivalents of choline/betaine per day. Half from spinach and half from mostly milk helps me to not rely on too many fatty meats or eggs. It is also hard to meet my high riboflavin demands without milk and coffee. If I have meat, it is usually no more than 100-150 grams of meat in a day. I get special eggs from a local farm that feed no soy or PUFA in the feed. Mostly grass and insects and barely, so the eggs are probably lower PUFA than store-bought eggs. But I will have one of those every day as well, but do not go crazy with eggs. I have been doing a very low PUFA diet for quite some time, but had to break that in favor of foods which help support methylation, which added more PUFA. But I am still staying below 3 grams of PUFA per day max, despite eating over 3000 calories, which I think is okay. Since leaving my less than 1 gram of PUFA per day diet, I usually hover around 2ish grams as of late, since making these changes to my diet. Still reasonable for me. But that is what has worked for me. Molydenum is something you may want to try to get as increased sulfur-protein foods may increase the demands for that mineral.

Some people do well on a mostly liquid diet, which yours appears to be, providing thyroid is okay and there is enough sodium and magnesium and other minerals in the diet. But it also depends on what your goals of PUFA per day are as well, as that will dictate how much nutrition you can add to your diet. Also, you may be hungry because you either need more calories and have a faster metabolism, or need more specific minerals. If I were you, I would try adding in some zinc foods each day, at least 1 to 2 times per day, like a few oysters (very economic), or maybe 100 grams of some red meat. Maybe an egg and some liver every now and then to up the choline. You may need either more calories, minerals, or specifically fat, so maybe experiment with those. I find that if I don't get enough zinc, my hunger is stronger. Maybe add in some low stress exercise if you haven't already. As long as I get enough of those minerals and nutrients to support my slight MTFHR needs, I do pretty well on high sugar. I've experimented with more fat in the past, but anything over 20-30% just doesn't work for me and makes me sluggish and doesn't have the same anti-stress effects for me as refeeding on sugar throughout the day. One of the tell tell signs was when I increased fat intake and reduced sugar moderately, I started getting a lot of heart palpitations when I got easily stressed. Classic adrenalin sign. So you will need to listen to your body as well. But I keep enough fat in for healthy digestion. Maybe make sure you're breaking up those feedings into small meals throughout the day to keep blood sugar stable. Very large meals after prolonged periods of no food may cause energy crashes. If you feel you need bulk, maybe eat whole oranges with your milk in some of your meals instead of just juice, providing you handle the fiber well. Or maybe some bulk from some meat. I also would add gelatin or bone broth. I wouldn't personally eat high animal protein without enough of the gelatin. Gelatin/glycine is an important buffer to the bodies antioxidant and methylation system.

Also, I think too many people also try to fix health problems without healthy amounts of low stress exercise. I think at the very least walking every day is important, as there are toxins your body clears through sweat. Circulation is important with regards to walking and stretching, especially with regards to the lymphatic system. One mistake I made in the past was focusing on pretty much only lifting weights and not walking or stretching enough. I try to fast walk for at least 30 minutes per day, but try to shoot for an hour or more.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lord Cola

Thank you for the thoughtful response @Waremu. There's a lot of information in your post, so I might get back to you later with some questions after looking into what you mentioned.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals