Want a beard? Take androsterone

Charger

My beard noticeably and rapidly thickened up after I first started using Andro, and it always speeds up growth whenever I resume using it.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

My beard noticeably and rapidly thickened up after I first started using Andro, and it always speeds up growth whenever I resume using it.
Mustache grew like crazy but can’t tell if oral or topical has a more androgenic effect.. I’ve never used more than 6 mgs a day this paper used 20. Maybe andro really is more powerful and safe than science realizes. Hmmm glad it’s a accessible tool thanks @haidut

OP
Cameron

Cameron

“Beard weight increases dramatically at puberty, but keeps on rising until the mid- thirties in Caucasians (Hamilton, 1958); similarly, other follicles, such as those on the chest and the external canal of the ear, may first develop terminal hairs in response to androgens long after puberty (Hamilton, 1946). Male pat- tern baldness is also a gradually progressing condition which is not usually manifest until well into adulthood. Although there is evidence of a gradual decrease in circulating free testosteronewithageinmen(Readetal., 1Y81), changeswith age seem likely to be an innate response of the follicles themselves. Such androgen-related changes also occur in the male accessory sexual gland, the prostate, causing benign prostatic hypertrophy or prostatic carcinoma (Griffiths et al., 1987)”

I do wonder if androsterone increases due to reduced free testosterone in aging men that start to develop more androgenic features (high dht, high 5-ar) rather than anabolic features (high dhea, high T)

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I’m still also confused if low free T high shbg is actually a good thing in a androgenic/anabolism use context in tissues? Have had over the range high shbg and below range free t for years. Always hear conflicting thoughts on this.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

“The mechanisms are complex, for cxample only some follicles are altered by female androgens while most require male hormonal levels. Our current understanding of this complex system and its response to androgens is rather poor. Within the follicles androgen receptors are essential for all androgenetic re- sponses, while 5a-reductase is unnecessary for axillary and pubic hair growth, but essenlial for many androgen re- sponses, while Sa-reductase type I1 appears unnecessary for axillary and pubic hair growth, but essential for many androgen responses. The dermal papilla has an important determining influence on the epithelial components of the hair follicle; it is probably the site of androgen binding in the follicle and may well interpret the androgen effect for the follicle by mechanisms such as secretion of growth factors and/or the production of extracellular mattrix. Cultured human dermal papilla cells contain androgen receptors and exhibit 5a-reductase ability according to their site of origin and in parallel to that predicted from the androgen insensiti- vity syndromes; the retention of altered gene expression by dermal papilla cells cultured from sites with different responses to androgens in uivo suggest that they should be an important model system for further studies. Androgen-dependent hair disorders such as hirsutism and androgenetic alopecia causc widespread distress. Their treat- ment with antiandrogens or minoxidil is only partially successful; greater Understanding of the human hair folliclc and its response to androgens should enable the development of better therapy. In addition, the hair follicle is a fascinating cell biological system and a relatively accessible model in the human for both development and the effects of aging, as well as the mechanism of androgen action and its potential benefit for prostate carcinoma. Each of these aspects merits further investigation.”

golder

Wouldn’t 20mg of andro per day absolutely tank libido/estrogen? I felt like I lost libido on around 5-7mg.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Wouldn’t 20mg of andro per day absolutely tank libido/estrogen? I felt like I lost libido on around 5-7mg.
Not sure if it creates a positive or negative feedback loop likely depends on the androgen pool shbg etc. I’m pretty sure studies used upwards of 200 mgs without significant issues. I think 20mgs is only double the bodies usual production or daily amount. Haven’t lost libido at 10mg yet personally probably gained a bit of libido. But I may have less circulation of 5-ar reduced steroids to begin with.

Jremy25

This is very interesting. I’m using 10% DHT gel for gyno reduction and have noticed my beard grows much faster and now grows higher up my cheeks. It’s fuller and the follicles feel thicker.

I wonder what the effects of combining transdermal Androsterone with DHT gel would be like?

OP
Cameron

Cameron

This is very interesting. I’m using 10% DHT gel for gyno reduction and have noticed my beard grows much faster and now grows higher up my cheeks. It’s fuller and the follicles feel thicker.

I wonder what the effects of combining transdermal Androsterone with DHT gel would be like?
Not sure if what I linked below is what you are using but it claims usp grade 10%dht is it legit I do not know

i saw your other thread about alphagels, you aquired the 10% DHT gel from them through reddit? has your gyno decreased? any negative side affects from the usage?

Jremy25

Not sure if what I linked below is what you are using but it claims usp grade 10%dht is it legit I do not know
No I’m using a brand called alphagels which uses a DMSO based carrier for their DHT and testosterone gel. They’re well known on reddit.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I think there’s a danger of permanent Test suppression at those dosages.
Is there really permanent test suppression with bio identical androgens? genuinely curious as I know men that recover testosterone fully after TRT or even harsh cycles after the water clears and other health improvements

Jremy25

i saw your other thread about alphagels, you aquired the 10% DHT gel from them through reddit? has your gyno decreased? any negative side affects from the usage?
Yes, they’re on reddit but I bought it from them via their email. My gyno has noticeably decreased since I started using it, no negative side effects so far just increased facial and chest hair growth.

I recently also bought their 10% testosterone gel in DMSO to use scrotally since I plan on using the DHT for a few months.

NommyWommy

I agree with this. Transdermal DHEA has brought me the fastest beard density and growth speed ever. Maybe because transdermal DHEA converts preferentially to androsterone compared to oral DHEA.
How much dhea do you take? And where do you apply it? Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals