Wake up extremely sore

iLoveSugar

Every single morning that I wake up, literally every part of me hurts. From my arms and fingers, to my stomach, all the way down to my toes. I assume this is inflammation. Does anyone else experience this?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It can be high PTH or elevations of other stress hormones at night. Try a high calcium and high fructose pre-bed snack for a week or so and see if you notice a difference.

golder

It can be high PTH or elevations of other stress hormones at night. Try a high calcium and high fructose pre-bed snack for a week or so and see if you notice a difference.
Great idea. I’m going to also try high Dairy/fruit before bed. What else can we do/take that lowers parathyroid? I don’t want to take vitamin D before bed because I’ve read a few things that suggest it helps regulate circadian rhythm (makes sense given sunlight being in the morning). Thanks for any help!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Great idea. I’m going to also try high Dairy/fruit before bed. What else can we do/take that lowers parathyroid? I don’t want to take vitamin D before bed because I’ve read a few things that suggest it helps regulate circadian rhythm (makes sense given sunlight being in the morning). Thanks for any help!
You definitely can take D during the day if you don't have the luxury of exposing your body to the sun on a regular basis. PTH has a relatively short half life especially relative to vitamin D. Calcium and magnesium both tend to lower PTH while phosphate tends to elevate it.

Your aches might be related to something else, but this should help troubleshoot.

edit: Niacinamide and lysine might also lower PTH if I remember correctly