Vomiting After Drink Baking Soda With Salt

Max.

I tried drink baking soda with salt in water today and after i get extreme nauseous and start to vomiting everything, why this happen? i m worried to use this again, i tried baking soda alone few weeks before and get nauseous too but not at point to vomiting..
Sometimes i tried the same with the salt and get same reaction, maybe i have some problem with sodium alone, but i dont understand why..
I dont used a big amount, only 4g of baking soda and salt

Peater Piper

Were you nauseous while it was going down, or after you had consumed it? I tried drinking salted water once. I couldn't get past the retching.

tara

I think people sometimes drink salt water to deliberately cause vomiting. I assume you had some other intention?
I think high concentrations of salt can be irritating to the stomach.
How about just salting your food and soup to taste?

superhuman

why on earth would you drink water with baking soda and salt ? just use baking soda and water an salt your food. The taste mush have been horrendous

Tenacity

I remember reading in a Peat article that high amounts of sodium at once breaks down the lining of the stomach, making it sensitive to its own acids. Baking soda and salt are both part sodium, so you probably experienced that breakdown of the stomach's lining, resulting in your symptoms.

I accidentally consumed too much salt once and it also made me very nauseous. Drinking saltless fluid alleviated the nauseousness.

Peater Piper

why on earth would you drink water with baking soda and salt ? just use baking soda and water an salt your food. The taste mush have been horrendous
Can't speak for Max, but I'd read salt water in the morning is supposed to help take some of the stress off the adrenals. Some people say it's not that bad, but I found the taste noxious, granted I barely salt my food because I'm so sensitive to the taste.

mujuro

I think the body has developed a pretty strong dislike of salty water. If we hadn't, I'm sure that early humans living on the coast would be guzzling down sea water and dying of hypernatremia. I found that when I dissolved a lot of salt in water and tried to drink it, with every gulp it became progressively harder to swallow until it almost felt like my throat was closing up.

OP
Max.

Max.

i m having a lot of trouble finding a good pre workout for the gym

Before the RP, i was using bananas, i stoped after reading that can cause some harm, using this as pwo wasn't making much diference for me

i tried milk ,so i switched to coffe, but dont works too, last i used some oj and i almost passed out in a workout lol

When i exercise i always feel tired and weak, after is bad too,i feel realy low energy for the rest of my day..

Without exercise i have this problems too..

so i decided to use baking soda as pre workout after reading some articles, but only worked a bit for me, only feel a bit nauseous, so instead use more baking soda i tried add a salt to see if works.. and this happen..

Now after a entirely day i still feeling bad and nauseous, its a very strange and horrible sensation

superhuman

Can't speak for Max, but I'd read salt water in the morning is supposed to help take some of the stress off the adrenals. Some people say it's not that bad, but I found the taste noxious, granted I barely salt my food because I'm so sensitive to the taste.

Sure but he was mixing salt water and baking soda.

Parsifal

Baking soda can suppress stomach acid and increase SIBO, it should not be taken close from meals.

OP
Max.

Max.

i dont taken close to the meals..
Today i m still bad, feeling nauseous, and wanting vomit, feeling thristy too, tried drink oj juice and milk during the day and dont have helped, now i m drinking small amounts of water but not changes
anyone know what i can do? I dont trust too much going to a hospital and i dont have any doctor for emergencies.

tara

If exercise makes you feel very weak and exhausted, I'd guess you've been overdoing it.

These ideas are just hunches, not based on any expertise:
For right now if you are still feeling really sick
- skip the workout and rest
- if you happen to have any pH strips (I know, not everyone has them sitting around at home), you could check your UpH?
- try small amounts of whatever food or drink seem to appeal - if it were me I'd probably try a little plain boiled potato first - there have been times when I've been nauseous but needing food that has been the only food I could face.

What have you been eating in general otherwise? I'm wondering if your system has got out of balance in a particular direction from some extreme diet emphasis that means you could be missing some important minerals or something? Otherwise it seems odd that you have not yet recovered from yesterday's unhappy experiment.

mujuro

From Wikipedia page for hypernatremia:

"Early symptoms may include a strong feeling of thirst, weakness, nausea, and loss of appetite."

"Intake of a hypertonic fluid (a fluid with a higher concentration of solutes than the remainder of the body) with restricted free water intake. This is relatively uncommon, though it can occur after a vigorous resuscitation where a patient receives a large volume of a concentrated sodium bicarbonate solution. Ingesting seawater also causes hypernatremia because seawater is hypertonic and free water is not available."

I would say just keep slowly sipping on water.

OP
Max.

Max.

hello im back, only this week i start feel good again, i was having the symptons for weeks,after a while i am only has this symptons on morning and at night, only today i really feel better, i will never drink baking soda again..

Thank everyone in this topic that tried to help me!!