Volunteers For Batch Transcribing Of Interviews

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I was thinking. When the person presents themselves as a volunteer. They could go ahead and state in this thread what part they are going to start on. This way it might speed things along. Then when burt or a mod comes along the list can be updated.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow!! We only have one more part! Who is gonna do 12? :mrgreen:

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Charlie said:
I was thinking. When the person presents themselves as a volunteer. They could go ahead and state in this thread what part they are going to start on. This way it might speed things along. Then when burt or a mod comes along the list can be updated.

I've found the solution; volunteers will just post inside the thread i've created listing all the different parts of a MP3 file and claim a part they chose; new volunteers will need to check the thread to see which part is still available before claiming it.

Once the transcripts have been made, the volunteer will edit his initial post and include the link for his transcript.
Then he will update his post one last time to include the link for the file he verified.

I will create a FAQ in a few minutes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Perfect.

Sheila

Happy to do a whole one, just tell me which one to do.
I have gained a great deal from this forum in terms of understandings, for which my thanks, this is my way of helping back.
Sincerely,
Sheila

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow!!!!! Sheila :welcome

That is very kind of you, thank you. :hattip

burt should be around soon, he will know where to point you.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Sheila said:
Happy to do a whole one, just tell me which one to do.
I have gained a great deal from this forum in terms of understandings, for which my thanks, this is my way of helping back.
Sincerely,
Sheila
Thanks Sheila; you get part 12, which completes the whole interview.

Thanks too for the proposal of doing a whole ineterview; feel free to consult with dd99 to know which one.

I have created a second transcript project at http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5167: people don't need to post in this thread to claim their part anymore ; they can do this just by posting in the thread itself.

A FAQ has been created: http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5168
:D

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

miles said:
I can help. Miles
Cheers Miles.
:hattip
The FAQ thread will get you started in a flash.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Philomath

Philomath

I might be able to handle a couple sections.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Philomath said:
burtlancast said:
Heres' the first transcipt project: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5162&p=60522#p60522

We have 6 volunteers for the moment, and need 7 more.

I can help. I just need a formatting template.

The finishing formatting will be done by loess, who volunteered; so you only need to separate Ray's and the guest(s)'s interventions inside your transcript.

You can actually download already posted finished segments to get a feel for it.

A

Adnada

I can transcribe! Let me know when the next project is ready!

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Adnada said:
I can transcribe! Let me know when the next project is ready!

Thanks !

Projects 3 and 4 still need volunteers.

I have updated the title of each project so people know directly if all parts are booked inside the project ( "FULL"), or if there are still parts in need for volunteers ("NON FULL").

SQu

Burt I just wanted to confirm I'm doing the whole KMUD water retention one and not 7. on your list. Because I'm going to be out of synch and not in the cloud and all that. Just don't want any duplication!

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

sueq said:
Burt I just wanted to confirm I'm doing the whole KMUD water retention one and not 7. on your list. Because I'm going to be out of synch and not in the cloud and all that. Just don't want any duplication!

No probs !
And thanks for investing so much effort into this; you can post your finished transcript in this thread viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5192 and we will post it for verification.

treelady

Maybe it's just me (in that case ignore this) but I have a hard time wading through everything to see which transcription projects are still open. viewforum.php?f=78 has a nice summary of our progress. I wonder, would it be a good idea to include it at the top of the forum with the other 2 links?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals