Vodka As Deodorant

Luann

How does that work? Do you put it in a spray bottle, or just pour it in your hand and rub it in? How long does it last? I've been using a coconut oil, baking soda, and corn starch mix, which is pretty easy and extremely effective, but I have sensitive skin, and sometimes it is a little too harsh, so would consider an alternative, and this one sounds interesting. I suspect alcohol would be too harsh for my skin, same with just plain baking soda.

I was shopping for a natural deodorant and I noticed the brands that included corn starch in the ingredients had consistent good reviews. I wonder if it helps the baking soda spread out a bit or why it makes the deodorant more effective. I will have to try your recipe.

keith

I was shopping for a natural deodorant and I noticed the brands that included corn starch in the ingredients had consistent good reviews. I wonder if it helps the baking soda spread out a bit or why it makes the deodorant more effective. I will have to try your recipe.

I’m actually on to the magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia) now. The recipe I used for coconut oil, baking soda, and corn starch was extremely effective for me, but did give me rashes from time to time. The magnesium hydroxide does not. I’ve taken to just using the powder magnesium hydroxide, and it works great. It isn’t as long lasting as the baking soda concoction, but still gets me through at least 24 hours, and I’ve never had the slightest sensitivity to it.

People, the deodorant issue should have been a moot point long time ago.

Baking soda end of story. I’ve gone through every possible deodorant/antiperspirant, from commercial rexonas through various natural and organic products, to own mixed recepies. I’ve done vodka, pure alcohol, 60 percent, 90 percent. They didn’t work, and if they did, only for the first few days. All of them failed eventually.

I sweat slightly above average, and I hate the smell the deodorant creates when mixed with sweat. Every deodorant.

I was bearing about baking soda for years but i figured it’s too simple and too crude of an idea to work, so i never actually tried it. Well was i wrong.

I first tried it about 2 months ago, and there is no chance in hell i would go back to anything else. Zero chance.

You slightly wet your armpits, you slightly wet your firngers, pour little bit on them and spread it well in your armpits. It will fell a little weird, like putting sand there, depending on how fine it is. You may even think it’s not sticking because that’s just how it feels. But trust me, very little is needed, and the water disolves just enough of it to create a film on the skin. After a 12 hour hot day when I shower, the film can be still felt when i wet it.

Just try it - you won’t look back. Zero, i repeat ZERO odor. And insay this as someone who realy can tell when i smell, and i smelled often.

One note: in the first week or two my skin did indeed react to it by being very dry and red, and subsequently even tender. But the key is to pull through, it will adapt fast. And trust me, i have a pretty sensistive skin.

It’s almost miraculous how effective it is, though understandably not promoted since it is extremely cheap.

Terma

I've been using milk of magnesia since seeing this thread a year ago and it's the best thing I've ever used. Probably the single or second most successful thing I've ever tried from this forum. Cheers.

Jared

I use 70% isopropyl alcohol. I've read it's the most effective against micro organisms, even more so than 90%+. It might have something to do with it not evaporating as quickly and having more contact time with the micro organisms. Seems to work pretty good for me. I also like that it leaves a clean/dry feeling opposed to most anything else that a person would use.

I've been using Tequlia, lol, works great. Undiluted.

I have recently had some irritation with baking soda in water, although it worked for a long time. So I switched to the tequila.

RobertJM

The only bad thing about MOM is the white patch it can leave under each armpit, but my number one choice for a deodorant as well. It would embarrasses me to use a commercially sold deodorant by comparison. The smell of a commercially stuffy fragrance mixed with body odour is enough to make me vomit. Its flabbergasting that people out there actually consider this ‘normal’ or a good thing.