Vivid dreams from Glycine - Good or Bad?

GreekDemiGod

Been taking Glycine pure powder before bed, as it was recommended on Twitter for sleep quality / stress reduction, and it's giving me vivid dreams. And I was wondering if it's a good sign of the brain / mind becoming more creative. Does it interfere with deep sleep, because I feel myself sleeping more lightly on it. Sometimes I'll be partially awake, with my eyes almost open and still dreaming. Then I quickly close my eyes again and the dream resumes.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Been taking Glycine pure powder before bed, as it was recommended on Twitter for sleep quality / stress reduction, and it's giving me vivid dreams. And I was wondering if it's a good sign of the brain / mind becoming more creative. Does it interfere with deep sleep, because I feel myself sleeping more lightly on it. Sometimes I'll be partially awake, with my eyes almost open and still dreaming. Then I quickly close my eyes again and the dream resumes.
Did you experience negatives feeelings during these dreams?

InChristAlone

I think it's a good thing. dreaming happens in the last stage of sleep so you will have gone through the light sleep and deep sleep before you start dreaming. The dreaming phase lasts longer after each cycle getting the longest towards morning. Doesn't mean you have light sleep. But if you feel like your body isn't paralyzing that could be a sleep disorder which can be caused by low vitamin D and b vitamins as reported by Dr. Stasha Gominak.

-Luke-

When I experimented with Glycine before bed in 2017, my sleep became more shallow and I felt less refreshed after waking up. Can't say I noticed any difference in the vividness of my dreams, though. Do you feel refreshed when you wake up or less refreshed than before the glycine experiment? If you feel good, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Do you take the glycine by itself or with some food?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

When I experimented with Glycine before bed in 2017, my sleep became more shallow and I felt less refreshed after waking up. Can't say I noticed any difference in the vividness of my dreams, though. Do you feel refreshed when you wake up or less refreshed than before the glycine experiment? If you feel good, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Do you take the glycine by itself or with some food?
I dissolve it in juice, or tea.
Feeling refreshed after wake-up depends on my morning temp. It varies a lot. Lately, I’ve determined that more T4 at bedtime helps my morning state.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I think it's a good thing. dreaming happens in the last stage of sleep so you will have gone through the light sleep and deep sleep before you start dreaming. The dreaming phase lasts longer after each cycle getting the longest towards morning. Doesn't mean you have light sleep. But if you feel like your body isn't paralyzing that could be a sleep disorder which can be caused by low vitamin D and b vitamins as reported by Dr. Stasha Gominak.
That checks out. Longest dream is around 5-6am.