Vitex or Duphaston as a progesterone supplement?

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by Violet, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Violet

Violet Member

Has anyone tried these, and if so, what were your experiences?

2. honeybee

honeybee Member

I used vitex to help me with cyst issues. I liked it-Señor Peat has mentioned that it can help lower pituitary hormone (I think). I switched to progest e -a few months ago. Progest e really works. You have to experiment with dose, though just like everything else. I made the mistake of under dosing ( only used 1-2 drops once per day) it made all of my estrogen symptoms much worse so I stopped using it. I started again last month, at 3 drops2-3 times a day and it really HELPED everything at the higher dose. Edit I only used progest e during the second half of cycle after ovulation, per RP recommendation. Some women have to use it through entire cycle for severe issues.

3. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

I had this same experience and have just started using it again, per RP recommendations so I don't make my estrogen symptoms worse. Much better going this time with the higher dosage and I am fine with taking it through my cycle as a missed period is not a concern to me.

4. OP
    Violet

Violet Member

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I'm on a course of Duphaston and the first month I gained weight and didn't feel any better. Started the second month with Vitex in addition and feeling an instant improvement in mood and energy! So glad I read Peats info about the wrong dosage making symtoms worse.