Vitex For Men

Sativa

I dont recommend it for men. If someone wonder it, they can drink herbal tea, but in one week it will terminate all libido.
Do you have any ideas of the mechanism involved in the libido termination?
I'm guessing it's directly related to its pharmacological properties (D2, serotonin HT1A, also LH & progesterone).
Maybe it simply diverts drive,that would normally go towards procreation, by modulating specific key dopamine/serotonin/hormonal systems

ilhanxx

Do you have any ideas of the mechanism involved in the libido termination?
I'm guessing it's directly related to its pharmacological properties (D2, serotonin HT1A, also LH & progesterone).
Maybe it simply diverts drive,that would normally go towards procreation, by modulating specific key dopamine/serotonin/hormonal systems
You must try vitex for a time and share your experiences. at past I used it for high prolactin, I dont recommend any men. It can damage to the testes in the anectode.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...e_Rats/link/5801264308ae1c5148c9fbe9/download

Sativa

You must try vitex for a time and share your experiences. at past I used it for high prolactin, I dont recommend any men. It can damage to the testes in the anecdote.
thanks for the link and anecdote, seems like relevant stuff to be aware of, especially for men.
Vitex extract can reduce the number of sperms in the epididymis and damage to the testes, which the regularly usage can lead to infertility.

— Abstract —
Vitex agnus-castus ... does not impact directly on the ovaries ... it seems to effect the hypothalamic-pituitary axis.
This herb cause decreases in releasing FSH and LH and prolactin from the pituitary and also it decrease LH, FSH and testosterone in male rat and due to reduction of testosterone it effects on spermatogenesis as well and reduces it.
In this study for 48 days to experimental groups 1, 2 and 3 the extract of ethanol extract of vitex agnus-castus leaves at doses of 165, 265 and 365 mg/kg and divided into the 4 group as a sham group equivalent volume and duration of administration of the extract in experimental groups, the carrier and group 5 as a positive control of soybean at a dose of 120 mg/ kg were gavaged.
After 49 days, the reproductive parameters such as sperm count, weight of testis, epididymis and levels of estradiol and testosterone, FSH and LH were measured

Administration of Vitex extract caused a significant reduction in the number of sperms. Serum factors indicate significant changes in the normal testicular function.

— CONCLUSION —
Vitex extract can reduce the number of sperms in the epididymis and damage to the testes, which the regularly usage can lead to infertility.

Personally, my main approach is psychoactive, so I would use Chaste for it's hallucinogenic dopamine properties. The supposed progesterone increase I read about was just a plus... but in light of a 'negative' interaction with testes...yaiks.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I dont recommend it for men. If someone wonder it, they can drink herbal tea, but in one week it will terminate all libido. It is known as monk herb. You can use alchemilla vulgaris for prolactin, it is mostly safe.

I remember a LONG time ago I did use Vitex. It did not feel good in the slightest.

I think I recall Matt Legge from ATP Science suggesting it, but this was a big mistake for me to use this.

Eric88

Is Vitex safe for people that would like to avoid serotonin syndrome? I am high serotonin and also too high testosterone for my age and would like to lower my desire.