Vitex (Chasteberry)

gomkat

I want to come off of Vitex to become pregnant (Vitex is not pregnancy safe). I can’t seem to come off of it without experiencing migraines right before ovulation and right before my period, nausea/intense stomach pain, sometimes rectal irritation/inflammation and then rectal bleeding before menstruation and horrible fatigue all of the time.

So my pcp mentioned the nausea/vomiting might be due to gallstones but then I found that Vitex is liver and gallbladder support (and thyroid too), so that’s why that comes back when I got off of Vitex. Rectal inflammation must come from lack of progesterone (I know progesterone strengthens the gut lining).

I’m thinking my best option would be to try milk thistle and maca and if that doesn’t work then try the lowest dose of Armour (since my thyroid is just slightly in subclinical territory). I have tried DHEA (doesn’t work as well but is an OK option for me) and I also tried L-tyrosine, but saw that supplementing L-tyrosine is not recommended by Dr. Peat.

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas or wants to share anything at all.

I want to have a solid plan/idea before seeing my Naturopath ?‍?$$$ but also like hearing everyone’s opinions and feedback. Thanks!

nieciadunn

Vitex is absolutely safe in pregnancy. It’s been used for eons by midwives and herbalists.

minni

Rizitriptan works well for migraines (and there's a costly procedure too, that's supposed to remain effective for much longer than pills)

As for the inflammation, Bing cherries are powerfully anti-inflammatory. As for the alternative of Black-Cherry Concentrate, one needs to ensure its pure. The bottle should preferably be glass (since the plastic ones can be toxic), and also a syrupy-consistency (not thin). It should pour out slowly like syrup, rather than quickly. If it's too thin, it could be indicative of chemical content.

RawEel

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding Vitex causing depression? I have been taking Vitex for 4 months and it has helped with period cramps. I noticed that I bleed less as well.

However, I have been very depressed and I can’t pinpoint why I feel this way. I can’t get myself most of the time to see a positive perspective and move forward with my life. Granted, I have had several things happen in the past months that have been challenging but, part of what’s happening is because I am depressed.

I almost have zero motivation and will, and have been chain smoking.

Ras

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding Vitex causing depression? I have been taking Vitex for 4 months and it has helped with period cramps. I noticed that I bleed less as well.

However, I have been very depressed and I can’t pinpoint why I feel this way. I can’t get myself most of the time to see a positive perspective and move forward with my life. Granted, I have had several things happen in the past months that have been challenging but, part of what’s happening is because I am depressed.

I almost have zero motivation and will, and have been chain smoking.
Vitex acts primarily by affecting the body's response to dopamine. Different dosages will affect you in different ways.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals