Vitamins Related To Testosterone

J

j.

Vitamins that increase or decrease testosterone. Good summary with citations. Link

mamaherrera

But for say someone like me, with some androgen (too high)for a woman like me, symptoms, do I want to be raising testosterone??? I was diagnosed as having PCOS because of high levels of testosterone, and I would like to get rid of hair on chin, and other androgen symptoms. . . .but then they tell me to take magnesium, zinc, and D, because I'm low in most of those, am I going to increase androgen symptoms????

OP
J

j.

Many of the things that increase testosterone also increase progesterone.

Often people blame on testosterone the problems created by estrogen. PCOS I believe Peat blames on estrogen.

If one is truly low in some of these vitamins, they're too important to skip them.

Frankdee20

I was able to raise my free testosterone to 2.5 % and lower my shbg considerably using Magnesium. The total number dropped a bit though, but when I had the higher total, my free %was very low 1.3%.

It remains to be clear if Zinc supplements will help me, I've been using 30mg in conjunction with trace minerals. For years, red meat intake was limited, so were Oysters and Pumpkin Seeds. I'm sure I have or had sub par Zinc status.