Vitamin K2-Mk4 Now Available!

M

marikay

Hi.

I've been using this K2 for a couple of weeks now. I use one or two drops rubbed into gums twice a day. It has a funny taste that I have been having trouble getting used to so last night I put four drops into a small glass of distilled water and drank it.

So far, I haven't noticed too much of a benefit. I thought K2 might be helping with water retention but found that was really due to increase in progesterone I am also taking.

I was hoping that the K2 would work as well as K1 in keeping my blood from thinning after taking aspirin. So far I have noticed only a slight benefit in that regard. K1 (from Life Extension) worked well for this blood thinning problem. I bought this K2 product for the price and the promise of other benefits aside from the protection from blood thinning. I'm not giving up yet but was hoping for more.

I see a slight benefit to my teeth as far as plaque buildup. But it hasn't been as dramatic as I expected from reading other posts on the benefits of K2. My teeth are still sensitive to cold liquids.

Tinnitus is still a problem, especially at night. The K2 might be relieving it a little bit but not significantly.

I have noticed an increase in the appearance of veins on the sides of my feet. Not sure if this is related.

The product was shipped and delivered very quickly. I've been happy so far with the customer service from this company.

I am not sure if I am using the product correctly. Does anyone know if I should be rubbing it directly onto my teeth or should I use it mostly on my gums? I can get used to the funny taste if the benefits are significant enough. But so far that hasn't been the case.

M

marikay

I feel I should add to the above post that I have seen an improvement in my eyesight which I am pretty sure is due to the K2.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Marikay,

True K2 is a very interesting product and I enjoyed reading your posts. The research that I'm aware of neither K1 or K2 is supposed to reverse anti platelet coagulation (blood thinning) that aspirin and other NSAIDS cause. Vitamin K1 and 2 are supposed to act on fibrogenen which is thinned by drugs like coumadin and a few herbs like tumeric and enzymes. But... That is just what we know and we don't know what we don't know. K1 and K2 can behave very differently depending on your genetics so you may have stumbled upon one of those things we don't know. I say go with what you know works. Perhaps others can confirm your experience.

M

marikay

Marikay,

True K2 is a very interesting product and I enjoyed reading your posts. The research that I'm aware of neither K1 or K2 is supposed to reverse anti platelet coagulation (blood thinning) that aspirin and other NSAIDS cause. Vitamin K1 and 2 are supposed to act on fibrogenen which is thinned by drugs like coumadin and a few herbs like tumeric and enzymes. But... That is just what we know and we don't know what we don't know. K1 and K2 can behave very differently depending on your genetics so you may have stumbled upon one of those things we don't know. I say go with what you know works. Perhaps others can confirm your experience.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to keep taking the true k2 but also have purchased some k1. In the past, K1 has worked to keep my gums from bleeding after taking aspirin. And it is working again. The k2 might have some benefit but not enough in this regard.

Teeth are looking whiter and healthier though, so there's that. And tinnitus is improving some as well.

I'll keep you posted.

Agent207

I got TrueK2 today, very first good impression with the product, on rocking amber glass bottle, oh yeah!!

Btw, is it ok to keep it at fridge, even if not necessary? Is there any risk for the product to precipitate or lose homogeneity?

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Chilling the product shouldn't be a problem if you have the 1mg/drop or less. There is a possibility of the K2 solidifying and falling out of solution. I have not done a test for this so I can't tell you for sure one way or the other. If it does happen just warm it up in a cup of hot water and shake it well once it is hot.

Agent207

My only fear is the cold can make the humidity condense inside the bottle each time I pick and open the bottle to take the k2..

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

My only fear is the cold can make the humidity condense inside the bottle each time I pick and open the bottle to take the k2..
That is a reasonable concern and one that I do not have an answer for. I can say that as long as you avoid contaminating it, say sucking on the dropper it will be good till the listed expiration date.

johnwester130

Maybe it's all marketing.

Or maybe this really is the best k2 and other brands are inferior.

I have ordered this, no k2 has ever given me the results I wanted.

johnwester130

Finally received it.

This is the best K2 I have ordered. It's also the best priced.

And I have ordered a lot, thorne, life extension, kuinone by haidut, 15mg capsules by complementary prescriptions.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

How do you consume it?

It can be taken in many different ways, the most common are directly by mouth or on some food to cover the taste.
I'm working on an expansion that will allow for faster shipping. Thank you to those who have been patient with my one man operation and the exceptional growth over the last few years.

tara

I've started using this.
I put drops on skin, lick some and rub the rest in. Interesting taste, but I don't mind it at all. Low viscosity, absorbs quickly.
Not been using it long or consistently enough to report on effects yet. (I believe I got noticable effects from the Thorne version, but wanted to try this one.)

Insomnia

It may sound stupid (but I'm going to ask it anyways since I don't know), what's the source of this MK-7 that's in this product? Does it contain any soy? Ultimately, I want to know whether this is a clean/pure product without additives.

johnwester130

It may sound stupid (but I'm going to ask it anyways since I don't know), what's the source of this MK-7 that's in this product? Does it contain any soy? Ultimately, I want to know whether this is a clean/pure product without additives.

There is no clean mk4, all of it has a little mk7 in it.

allegedly.

Insomnia

There is no clean mk4, all of it has a little mk7 in it.

allegedly.

1)I actually meant to ask whether the MK-7 is a derivative from Soy and how good the quality of this MK-7 actually is.
Because I don't know that much about Mk-7, I'll also ask what different sources of Mk-7 are actually possible (google left me even more confused then before)

2) From my understandings, there are those different state (isomers) in some Mk-7 supplements, which renders it useless/less effective. At the moment, I am using thorne's MK4 and a different Mk-7 supplement (200 mcg) next to it. This supplement is wayyyyy cheaper because it has 110 mcg of Mk-7 per drop (which means 2 drops would give me approx 220 mcg) and that still would leave me with approx 715 dosages (because it has 1430 dosages). That's wayyyyy more then the 100 capsules that's in the supplement I use currently. I certainly do not imply that cheaper automatically means less quality. In fact, there are enough supplements out there that do better in many cases (while also being much cheaper). It just would be astonishing, if this would actually be a high quality product for that price, because then I don't really need to look further :):

Thanks for the reply btw :)

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Here is an answer to a question I've received about the different types of K2. This is very general.

There are 9 or so different K2 menaquinones of which Mk4 and Mk7 are the most common on the market. The two most abundant in the body are Mk4 followed by Mk9 and then well below that Mk7. Mk4 is considered the most therapeutic, and is the one used in most of the studies, however there has been a more recent push for Mk7 because it stays in the blood longer. The argument is that Mk7 converts to Mk4 in the liver, providing a longer therapeutic window, allowing for less frequent dosing. I disagree, Mk4 is highly bioavailable and is rapidly taken up by the tissues once in circulation, this does not mean the Mk4 is gone, just absorbed into the tissues reserve.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals